Sign in to follow this  
BarbaricBob

Sandhagen vs Sterling set for UFC 250

On 5/21/2020 at 7:37 PM, BarbaricBob said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/05/cory-sandhagen-aljamain-sterling-ufc-250-bantamweight

Interesting. Does this mean Yan vs Cejudo is in the works?

Cejudo isn’t coming back, there’s no way they pay him what he’s asked for. Look up his buy rates and tell me they pay him 2m no way. Either the winner of Sandhagen vs Sterling fights Yan for the title or Yan fights Aldo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JSW said:

Cejudo isn’t coming back, there’s no way they pay him what he’s asked for. Look up his buy rates and tell me they pay him 2m no way. Either the winner of Sandhagen vs Sterling fights Yan for the title or Yan fights Aldo. 

I think Cejudo is bluffing and if the UFC refuses to pay him, he'll come back anyway. Just my opinion. Moraes is getting ****ed in this whole situation. Dude has beaten everyone at 135 except Cejudo. Even if Dana thinks Aldo won that fight, results should matter. Now he gets left out of the mix simply because Dana didn't agree with the judges.

• Like 1

I love how the excuse for taking away all the sponsors and going exclusively to Reebok was to legitimise the sport and make it more similar to NBA, NFL, etc. Yet when it comes to every other aspect of legitimately, they just say **** it. All about that money.

34 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

I think Cejudo is bluffing and if the UFC refuses to pay him, he'll come back anyway. Just my opinion. Moraes is getting ****ed in this whole situation. Dude has beaten everyone at 135 except Cejudo. Even if Dana thinks Aldo won that fight, results should matter. Now he gets left out of the mix simply because Dana didn't agree with the judges.

What does Petr Yan have to do to get a title shot?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

What does Petr Yan have to do to get a title shot?

Yan absolutely deserves it. I mentioned him in the OP, guy. I meant that if Sandhagen, Sterling, and even Aldo are all in the mix, Moraes seems to be getting the shaft.

We're on the same page for Petr Yan. And he most likely beats everyone else. Dude is dynamic as ****.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JSW said:

While I agree I don’t think Cejudo will get that much I really hope he stays on. Not even as a fan but I tend to agree with Luke Thomas when he says divisions get a little screwy for a while if the champion isn’t defeated for the belt. 

• Like 2

I agree I hope Cejudo stays.

I have no time for his persona at all, it’s not even like I want to see him fight and hope he loses I just have no time to listen to him. He’s a hell of a fighter though. 

I think he gets hard balled for a while though, I don’t think the ufc will want to be renegotiating deals like his or Jones for the Ngannou fight with everything going on. I see them working out a champ fight from either Sandhagen/Sterling winner, Yan, Aldo, Moraes and even the Garbrandt/Assunção winner might find there way to a contender fight. There’s enough there to keep the division busy for year at the top. 

2 hours ago, BarbaricBob said:

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

While I agree I don’t think Cejudo will get that much I really hope he stays on. Not even as a fan but I tend to agree with Luke Thomas when he says divisions get a little screwy for a while if the champion isn’t defeated for the belt. 

22 hours ago, BarbaricBob said:

Yan absolutely deserves it. I mentioned him in the OP, guy. I meant that if Sandhagen, Sterling, and even Aldo are all in the mix, Moraes seems to be getting the shaft.

We're on the same page for Petr Yan. And he most likely beats everyone else. Dude is dynamic as ****.

I have a feeling they're going to screw him and make him fight Moraes and then the winner of this fight in the OP.

In a meritocracy, he's earned his shot. In the UFC, he needs more social media followers.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 7:49 PM, skillandpower said:

The card is awful

never mind ... it is now turning out to be an interesting card with some pretty interesting match ups.

Main event is actually one of the least interesting lol