Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BarbaricBob

Henry Cejudo removed from official UFC rankings

Recommended Posts

Like D.C. said. He retired from Wrassling, when he may of gone to be an 2 time Olympic medalist.. 

Granted, the UFC pays A LOT more, but still. If he’s out. He’s out 

 

But anyways. No one cares about the little guys 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Like D.C. said. He retired from Wrassling, when he may of gone to be an 2 time Olympic medalist.. 

Granted, the UFC pays A LOT more, but still. If he’s out. He’s out 

 

But anyways. No one cares about the little guys 

The UFC doesn't even pay A LOT more than Burger King. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Wait..... was this supposed to prove he made a ton of money or what? What I saw was decent paychecks over four events. The first four years or so in fighting, he was barely averaging $100K a year. lol

There are mid-level boxers that make more than that in one fight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

Wait..... was this supposed to prove he made a ton of money or what? What I saw was decent paychecks over four events. The first four years or so in fighting, he was barely averaging $100K a year. lol

There are mid-level boxers that make more than that in one fight.

 

 

First 4 years earning 100k a year. I’d be happy with that and separate sponsor deals. Would you not?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

 

 

First 4 years earning 100k a year. I’d be happy with that and separate sponsor deals. Would you not?

 

Not if I'm fighting for my life and happiness in a cage. lol

Btw, Reebok pays out by fights under the UFC banner. What is Cejudo making from them? $10K a pop? These guys aren't signing shoe deals and chit either. They might get an extra twenty grand from sponsors during the year. They aren't making millions, son.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Not if I'm fighting for my life and happiness in a cage. lol

Btw, Reebok pays out by fights under the UFC banner. What is Cejudo making from them? $10K a pop? These guys aren't signing shoe deals and chit either. They might get an extra twenty grand from sponsors during the year. They aren't making millions, son.

I know they’re not making millions. I didn’t say they did. 
I’m my opinion. A fighter who made shy of half a million pounds in their first few years in the UFC, isn’t bad at all.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the guy only made 2 million the entire time he fought for the UFC, that's pretty sad. Especially considering how many of his fights were for championships. I imagine Ali got anywhere from 5-15%, if not more. His coaches got another good chunk, I'd imagine at the very least 10%. Some camps that offer room and board take as much as 30%+ of fight purses for fights camps. Hopefully he made some smart investments. Otherwise we might see Triple C Schnapps in the liquor store soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarbaricBob said:

If the guy only made 2 million the entire time he fought for the UFC, that's pretty sad. Especially considering how many of his fights were for championships. I imagine Ali got anywhere from 5-15%, if not more. His coaches got another good chunk, I'd imagine at the very least 10%. Some camps that offer room and board take as much as 30%+ of fight purses for fights camps. Hopefully he made some smart investments. Otherwise we might see Triple C Schnapps in the liquor store soon.

12 UFC fights = 2 million bucks.

Sponsor and Endorsements = Anything up to 1 million. At the very least 200k...

 

For a Flyweight (BW for 2)... That's pretty good in the UFC... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he has misplayed his hand if he really wanted the Volkanovski fight to try and be the first 3 weight champ. I imagine Dana is gonna be even less inclined to make that fight than he would be if Cejudo had just said called him out after the last fight because he knows even if Henry wins he will probably just be in this situation again with Cejudo saying he’s gonna retire unless he gets another big money fight after and that will be another division tied up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

12 UFC fights = 2 million bucks.

Sponsor and Endorsements = Anything up to 1 million. At the very least 200k...

 

For a Flyweight (BW for 2)... That's pretty good in the UFC... 

 

 

Do you have any numbers saying he got up to a million through sponsors? Because he didn't get anywhere near that from Reebok. I used the numbers from the source you provided. Even 3 million (which I'm not buying) isn't great considering Logan Paul probably made that much boxing that other YouTube guy.

Edited by BarbaricBob
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

Do you have any numbers saying he got up to a million through sponsors? Because he didn't get anywhere near that from Reebok. I used the numbers from the source you provided. Even 3 million (which I'm not buying) isn't great considering Logan Paul probably made that much boxing that other YouTube guy.

No, i don't.. Hence why I said, 'at least 200k'.. That Reebok and everything else...

 

Again, Like Boxing, Golf and Youtubers. The UFC is the UFC. They operate how they do and if the fighters don't like it?  They can go fight elsewhere, which they try not too, as they all wanna be in the UFC...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

No, i don't.. Hence why I said, 'at least 200k'.. That Reebok and everything else...

 

Again, Like Boxing, Golf and Youtubers. The UFC is the UFC. They operate how they do and if the fighters don't like it?  They can go fight elsewhere, which they try not too, as they all wanna be in the UFC...

 

 

Rory MacDonald sure looks like he's dying to come back. lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

Rory MacDonald sure looks like he's dying to come back. lol

Rory, Gegard, Bader, Mighty Mouse. Plenty of guys have left and seem to be doing fine. The problem is the UFC want to be the NFL of MMA, but their business model means they don't really have all the best fighters. Imagine if Tom Brady played Arena Football because they paid him more. Lol.

Tom Brady might not be the best example because I hardly watch football. But I think everybody can understand the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Rory MacDonald sure looks like he's dying to come back. lol

 

3 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

Rory, Gegard, Bader, Mighty Mouse

 

 

4 names... 4

 

 

5 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

Imagine if Tom Brady played Arena Football because they paid him more. Lol

 

 

I'm guessing that's a lower division of the NFL.....?

 

Well. Sometimes people do lower their expectations, for a pay day...  Just like most Soccer players, who go over to China and earn SUPER BUCKS.. Chinese football is dead. But when they're offering you £200,000 a week, when in the real world, you'd be offered a £50,000 contract....

 

Anyways.... The UFC will pay what they pay. If it was THAT BAD. They wouldn't have 500 fighters signed. They'd have 50..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

 

 

 

4 names... 4

That was just off the top of my head. Plus the OP is literally about a fighter retiring as champion because they won't pay him. That makes 5 you doofus. I could come up with more but you'll just move the goalposts again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

 

 

 

4 names... 4

Justin Gaethje stayed in WSOF til they paid up.

Michael Chandler gets paid well by Bellator. Rampage, King Mo, Fedor, Wanderlei... There's a list of people that you don't know because you just started watching UFC last week. You don't watch any other MMA orgs, so this conversation is worthless.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BarbaricBob said:

If the guy only made 2 million the entire time he fought for the UFC, that's pretty sad. Especially considering how many of his fights were for championships. I imagine Ali got anywhere from 5-15%, if not more. His coaches got another good chunk, I'd imagine at the very least 10%. Some camps that offer room and board take as much as 30%+ of fight purses for fights camps. Hopefully he made some smart investments. Otherwise we might see Triple C Schnapps in the liquor store soon.

I agree

Let's say he made 2.2 million in his 6 year UFC career. $366k per year in the UFC. 

That's above average money in the US but way below average for pro athletes. 

The 175th ranked PGA golfer made $421,000 last year. 

Rookie minimums in other popular US sports. 

NFL-$495k

NBA-$816k

MLB-$555k

NHL-$650k

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I agree

Let's say he made 2.2 million in his 6 year UFC career. $366k per year in the UFC. 

That's above average money in the US but way below average for pro athletes. 

The 175th ranked PGA golfer made $421,000 last year. 

Rookie minimums in other popular US sports. 

NFL-$495k

NBA-$816k

MLB-$555k

NHL-$650k

More evidence that MMA fighters are not really elite athletes.  Even cricketers get paid more than that.  I mean...even this athlete has made 4x what Triple cringe has made in his career

6a00d834ff890853ef0148c75797e9970c-pi

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I agree

Let's say he made 2.2 million in his 6 year UFC career. $366k per year in the UFC. 

That's above average money in the US but way below average for pro athletes. 

The 175th ranked PGA golfer made $421,000 last year. 

Rookie minimums in other popular US sports. 

NFL-$495k

NBA-$816k

MLB-$555k

NHL-$650k

What about real sports like Lacrosse and Disc Golf?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark_Horse said:

Anyone think Tony Khan will offer triple c, Victor and rashad contracts? 

That **** was awkward as ****. Cejudo literally looked like a child in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please forgive my ignorance but he can still come back. 
I doubt baldy will or would let him go away without a defeat to make him look stupid.

Yan vs Aldo could be the set up for that assuming Yan beats Aldo because Yan will absolutely beat Cejudo too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...