Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bezerker101

UFC on ESPN 12/ Hooker vs Poirier

Recommended Posts

3-0 hangman what a fooling fight

 

Gassed though,  Poirier should finish from here imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Teemu said:

Hooker is such a big LW how does he suck so bad lmao

he's winning this fight u can 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooker needs to stand and bang or he'll lose a SD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OzPride said:

he's winning this fight u can 

Maybe if he survives. Weird how dustin finishes Justin G. but is having such trouble with Hooker who got folded easily by barboza....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Dan Hooker has zero head movement.  He didn't slip a single punch during a 25 minute fight.  Amazing.

Hooker needs to find a new career or learn some head movement. He takes way to much punishment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adesanya will nurture Hooker with his BBC and Hooker will come back stronger for sure :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teemu said:

Adesanya will nurture Hooker with his BBC and Hooker will come back stronger for sure :)

Big Black Coaching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OzPride said:

48-46 what the **** !??

Ugh... that's the judge that needs to train other judges on how to score a goddamn fight.  Did you not see the stats from round 5?  It was like 72 to 20 in Dustin's favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

Hooker needs to find a new career or learn some head movement. He takes way to much punishment.

He walks away from that one with Diego Sanchez level of CTE.  First 2 rounds Dustin was missing the telegraphed hooks where he was trying to kill him and still landed 76% of his strikes.  If he had straightened that chit up from the start he would've hit Dan at 85% or better.

Tough guy but goddamn he took a ton of damage from Felder and Barboza as well.  I can't believe Gilbert Burns just got ran the **** over by Dan Hooker in 2 minutes less than 2 years ago.  That weight cut must've been doing to his chin what cutting to 145 was doing to Poirier.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Ugh... that's the judge that needs to train other judges on how to score a goddamn fight.  Did you not see the stats from round 5?  It was like 72 to 20 in Dustin's favor.

From his back.  Idiot

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OzPride said:

From his back.  Idiot

Not really.  Wrong round homie.  The last 2 rounds were both blow outs.  Pipe down DP landed 76% of his shots and that's after missing like 30 telegraphed haymakers in the first 2 rounds.

They changed the scoring criteria where there's supposed to be more 10-8 rounds.  The judges just aren't following it.  They only have Amanda Nunes a single 10-8 round and I think one judge didn't give her any.  She had four 10-8 rounds against Spencer.  That fight should've been 50-41.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, OzPride said:

From his back.  Idiot

Yep it wasn't the 5th round that got scored a 10-8 by Eric Colon.  It was the 4th.

EbkjDSBU0AACV2S.0.0.jpg

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nyte said:

This is where the drinking begins

hell yeah brah. i pvred the main card  now im pissed drunk and its time to watch it

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OzPride said:

Hooker will win don't worry 

solid take m8

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take downs with no damage shouldn't be given any merit, if you can't hurt the guy or try several submissions then it's BS.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw it 3-2 Dustin, great fight from 2 great warriors....classic.

Hooker is a tough guy, fought with a ton of heart, but gassed and got beat up...but never quit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bwana said:

I saw it 3-2 Dustin, great fight from 2 great warriors....classic.

Hooker is a tough guy, fought with a ton of heart, but gassed and got beat up...but never quit.

 

Agreed, the better man won-

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bwana said:

I saw it 3-2 Dustin, great fight from 2 great warriors....classic.

Hooker is a tough guy, fought with a ton of heart, but gassed and got beat up...but never quit.

Agreed. Gassed badly,  resorting to grappling was a terrible decision too. Always said if Hooker doesn't finish it by the third he'll lose.  Props to Dustin for the epic battle and just taking some crazy shots,  that second round was round of the year easily do far

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OzPride said:

Agreed. Gassed badly,  resorting to grappling was a terrible decision too. Always said if Hooker doesn't finish it by the third he'll lose.  Props to Dustin for the epic battle and just taking some crazy shots,  that second round was round of the year easily do far

Was it?  I feel like it kept him in the fight and gave him a little time to recover and get some wind back.  He needs to train some pure boxing.  I don't understand how he can train with Israel but not have any head movement.  His fight with Felder was awesome as well I like watching Dan fight.  It was just killing me that the only shots Dustin wasn't landing were the haymaker hooks where he was trying to kill him.  When he straighten them up Dan started taking a beating but he'd hang in and kept firing back until that last round.  I thought he was about to knock Dustin out late in the 2nd.

I don't think he has cardio issues either but that small cage forces a completely different fight and they both fight at a high pace.  He's only 30 he has time to shore up those defensive holes.  Even if he can't slip the shot he needs to roll with it similar to Nate.  Hell of a fight I found myself not breathing at times and looking like a coked out Chuck Liddell when he's in the audience watching a sick fight.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Was it?  I feel like it kept him in the fight and gave him a little time to recover and get some wind back.  He needs to train some pure boxing.  I don't understand how he can train with Israel but not have any head movement.  His fight with Felder was awesome as well I like watching Dan fight.  It was just killing me that the only shots Dustin wasn't landing were the haymaker hooks where he was trying to kill him.  When he straighten them up Dan started taking a beating but he'd hang in and kept firing back until that last round.  I thought he was about to knock Dustin out late in the 2nd.

I don't think he has cardio issues either but that small cage forces a completely different fight and they both fight at a high pace.  He's only 30 he has time to shore up those defensive holes.  Even if he can't slip the shot he needs to roll with it similar to Nate.  Hell of a fight I found myself not breathing at times and looking like a coked out Chuck Liddell when he's in the audience watching a sick fight.

It was a game of inches too,  he was hitting those body shots that whole round,  if one went to the liver clean Dustin would have been a corpse.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...