Gassed though,  Poirier should finish from here imo

3 minutes ago, Teemu said:

Hooker is such a big LW how does he suck so bad lmao

he's winning this fight u can 

• Haha 1

Hooker needs to stand and bang or he'll lose a SD

Just now, OzPride said:

he's winning this fight u can 

Maybe if he survives. Weird how dustin finishes Justin G. but is having such trouble with Hooker who got folded easily by barboza....

2 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Dan Hooker has zero head movement.  He didn't slip a single punch during a 25 minute fight.  Amazing.

Hooker needs to find a new career or learn some head movement. He takes way to much punishment.

• Like 2

Adesanya will nurture Hooker with his BBC and Hooker will come back stronger for sure :)

1 minute ago, Teemu said:

Adesanya will nurture Hooker with his BBC and Hooker will come back stronger for sure :)

Big Black Coaching

9 minutes ago, OzPride said:

48-46 what the **** !??

Ugh... that's the judge that needs to train other judges on how to score a goddamn fight.  Did you not see the stats from round 5?  It was like 72 to 20 in Dustin's favor.

13 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

Hooker needs to find a new career or learn some head movement. He takes way to much punishment.

He walks away from that one with Diego Sanchez level of CTE.  First 2 rounds Dustin was missing the telegraphed hooks where he was trying to kill him and still landed 76% of his strikes.  If he had straightened that chit up from the start he would've hit Dan at 85% or better.

Tough guy but goddamn he took a ton of damage from Felder and Barboza as well.  I can't believe Gilbert Burns just got ran the **** over by Dan Hooker in 2 minutes less than 2 years ago.  That weight cut must've been doing to his chin what cutting to 145 was doing to Poirier.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Ugh... that's the judge that needs to train other judges on how to score a goddamn fight.  Did you not see the stats from round 5?  It was like 72 to 20 in Dustin's favor.

From his back.  Idiot

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OzPride said:

From his back.  Idiot

Not really.  Wrong round homie.  The last 2 rounds were both blow outs.  Pipe down DP landed 76% of his shots and that's after missing like 30 telegraphed haymakers in the first 2 rounds.

They changed the scoring criteria where there's supposed to be more 10-8 rounds.  The judges just aren't following it.  They only have Amanda Nunes a single 10-8 round and I think one judge didn't give her any.  She had four 10-8 rounds against Spencer.  That fight should've been 50-41.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, OzPride said:

From his back.  Idiot

Yep it wasn't the 5th round that got scored a 10-8 by Eric Colon.  It was the 4th.

EbkjDSBU0AACV2S.0.0.jpg

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nyte said:

This is where the drinking begins

hell yeah brah. i pvred the main card  now im pissed drunk and its time to watch it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, OzPride said:

Hooker will win don't worry 

solid take m8

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Take downs with no damage shouldn't be given any merit, if you can't hurt the guy or try several submissions then it's BS.

• Like 4

I saw it 3-2 Dustin, great fight from 2 great warriors....classic.

Hooker is a tough guy, fought with a ton of heart, but gassed and got beat up...but never quit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bwana said:

Hooker is a tough guy, fought with a ton of heart, but gassed and got beat up...but never quit.

Agreed, the better man won-

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bwana said:

Agreed. Gassed badly,  resorting to grappling was a terrible decision too. Always said if Hooker doesn't finish it by the third he'll lose.  Props to Dustin for the epic battle and just taking some crazy shots,  that second round was round of the year easily do far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OzPride said:

Agreed. Gassed badly,  resorting to grappling was a terrible decision too. Always said if Hooker doesn't finish it by the third he'll lose.  Props to Dustin for the epic battle and just taking some crazy shots,  that second round was round of the year easily do far

Was it?  I feel like it kept him in the fight and gave him a little time to recover and get some wind back.  He needs to train some pure boxing.  I don't understand how he can train with Israel but not have any head movement.  His fight with Felder was awesome as well I like watching Dan fight.  It was just killing me that the only shots Dustin wasn't landing were the haymaker hooks where he was trying to kill him.  When he straighten them up Dan started taking a beating but he'd hang in and kept firing back until that last round.  I thought he was about to knock Dustin out late in the 2nd.

I don't think he has cardio issues either but that small cage forces a completely different fight and they both fight at a high pace.  He's only 30 he has time to shore up those defensive holes.  Even if he can't slip the shot he needs to roll with it similar to Nate.  Hell of a fight I found myself not breathing at times and looking like a coked out Chuck Liddell when he's in the audience watching a sick fight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Was it?  I feel like it kept him in the fight and gave him a little time to recover and get some wind back.  He needs to train some pure boxing.  I don't understand how he can train with Israel but not have any head movement.  His fight with Felder was awesome as well I like watching Dan fight.  It was just killing me that the only shots Dustin wasn't landing were the haymaker hooks where he was trying to kill him.  When he straighten them up Dan started taking a beating but he'd hang in and kept firing back until that last round.  I thought he was about to knock Dustin out late in the 2nd.

I don't think he has cardio issues either but that small cage forces a completely different fight and they both fight at a high pace.  He's only 30 he has time to shore up those defensive holes.  Even if he can't slip the shot he needs to roll with it similar to Nate.  Hell of a fight I found myself not breathing at times and looking like a coked out Chuck Liddell when he's in the audience watching a sick fight.

It was a game of inches too,  he was hitting those body shots that whole round,  if one went to the liver clean Dustin would have been a corpse.  

• Like 1