Sign in to follow this  
Conceive-Believe-Achieve

Garmin down

28 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Garmin hit by hackers.

I know it won't bother you fat slobs, cause you're all too busy sat on your asses, eating Cheeto's... But it does matter to a machine, like me... 

https://news.sky.com/story/smartwatch-maker-garmin-taken-offline-after-suspected-cyber-attack-12035277

I stopped uploading my runs a couple of years ago but I have mates who will be devastated by this. 

I don't know what Garmin is but it sounds like some fitness app or something? If you need the interwebz or a smart watch to workout you're doing it wrong lol. 

Nice to have & all but you don't need dat $hit. 

Throw me in the mountains somewhere with nothing & im still gonna beastmode. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

I don't know what Garmin is but it sounds like some fitness app or something? If you need the interwebz or a smart watch to workout you're doing it wrong lol. 

hqdefault.jpg

have fun with that giardia.

2 hours ago, StompGrind said:

hqdefault.jpg

It's not a fitness app - I completely share your disdain for those. 

Their main thing is running watches, so you can track your runs. It's great for planning routes, seeing how much elevation you've done, plus of course allowing big brother to see where you are. 

38 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Their main thing is running watches, so you can track your runs. It's great for planning routes, seeing how much elevation you've done, plus of course allowing big brother to see where you are. 

I have a Samsung health app on my phone that i still use sometimes. It's nice to use to keep track of things like distances, heart r8 etc. but i don't rely on it a lot. I do rely on music because it gets me in the zone and i feel like it lends energy to me. I don't really like the idea of over planning workouts & getting overly scientific with data though. 

For me fitness is almost a feel or a zone i get into that takes me to another realm out of this world.  It's almost like a spiritual freedom kinda thing to me i.e. enjoying the moment & getting in touch with listening to my inner body. Very zen like no mind state & i love that place because i'm often so introverted & the wheels are always turning. 

If i get too bogged down in details or planning like i'm going to run a mile at this pace or this time, this many sets/reps etc. it takes a lot of the fun & freedom away for me. I kinda just like to play things by ear a little more & listen internally to try to improve efficiency as my main focus.

Some of my workouts i do completely spontaneous. Like i don't really have a goal or routine i just do whatever comes to mind & let go in the moment. It keeps things fresh for me instead of always having a specific set routine or goal to follow. That not knowing what comes next creative free flow state is a lovely thing otherwise i would lose interest with the repetitiveness of set routines & goals day after day after day. 

Edited by StompGrind

why not just use the strava app with the gps on your phone? it should be like the same chit

Edited by -idyb-

22 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

They were popular as GPS devices before everyone had a GPS on their phone. I guess they have changed their business model since 05-08. I remember the guys who wanted to be high speed and spent all their money on gear to look like operators always had Garmin back in the day.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 12еr said:

They were popular as GPS devices before everyone had a GPS on their phone. I guess they have changed their business model since 05-08. I remember the guys who wanted to be high speed and spent all their money on gear to look like operators always had Garmin back in the day.

I think they have really expanded their product line. I have a newer Garmin GPS for hunting. They also have things like bow sights, fish finders, and GPS for golfing. You can load a golf course and it will tell you your distance from the hole. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I think they have really expanded their product line. I have a newer Garmin GPS for hunting. They also have things like bow sights, fish finders, and GPS for golfing. You can load a golf course and it will tell you your distance from the hole. 

Adding drops for fishing is excellent fyi

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

People who record their Fitness activities on their phones, should be shot.. GPS Watches only

whatever makes it easier for you to find your way to the dentist office m8

I reckon you run 10k’s in an hour, you big Fat Fcuk

i dont run anywhere. you'll never catch me running unless my car breaks down, some nagger stole my bikes, and the liquor store is about to close

running is for suckers. the only cardio i need is lifting 12 beers to my throat.    are you into fitness?

Edited by -idyb-

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

i dont run anywhere. you'll never catch me running unless my car breaks down, some nagger stole my bikes, and the liquor store is about to close

running is for suckers. the only cardio i need is lifting 12 beers to my throat.    are you into fitness?

Good man.. Your just got 2nd best post of the year. I'm Number 1......

Yes, i'm into my fitness

Yes, i'm into my fitness

LFso6DU.jpg

Edited by -idyb-