Sign in to follow this  
Bezerker101

UFC Fight Night 173 / Brunson vs. Shahbazyan/ Vegas

14 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Except the co main I actually like this card

it's interesting, .. I'm hearing JC doesn't need to take this fight - backfire incoming-  💣

3 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

Odds on Borg missing weight or pulling out due to "personals reasons"?

Taz is fighting a debuting fw, > a regional inbred (Kentucky) wrestler named "Mayhem" Maness w/  6" height & 9" reach adv.,

.... this bout is a gift imo, ... giving up 30% should not be an option but ya never can tell

Joseph_Maness.JPG?1383194887

Edited by Bezerker101

I sat and watched Marlon Moraes vs. Sheymon Moraes with Timur Valiev, who trains with Marlon. He plopped down beside me in an open seat, and then didn't tell me who he was until the fight was almost over. Had no idea he was even a fighter until he just casually drops in the convo that he trains with Marlon and helped him prep for the fight. lol.. Then he went down and got in the middle of the Khabib vs. Diaz brothers brawl. Guy is a nut. 

Been a fan ever since. Saw him again at a WSOF event in Memphis as a cornerman, gave him a wave, and he smiled all wide and waved back from up on the side of the cage. Seemed to remember me.

I hope he kicks Emmers **** on Saturday, but Emmers is a real featherweight, and Timur is a bantamweight. Size differential should be big. Valiev is still at Mark Henry's gym, I believe. So he doesn't train with bums. Should be a good fight.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

I sat and watched Marlon Moraes vs. Sheymon Moraes with Timur Valiev, who trains with Marlon. He plopped down beside me in an open seat, and then didn't tell me who he was until the fight was almost over. Had no idea he was even a fighter until he just casually drops in the convo that he trains with Marlon and helped him prep for the fight. lol.. Then he went down and got in the middle of the Khabib vs. Diaz brothers brawl. Guy is a nut. 

Been a fan ever since. Saw him again at a WSOF event in Memphis as a cornerman, gave him a wave, and he smiled all wide and waved back from up on the side of the cage. Seemed to remember me.

I hope he kicks Emmers **** on Saturday, but Emmers is a real featherweight, and Timur is a bantamweight. Size differential should be big. Valiev is still at Mark Henry's gym, I believe. So he doesn't train with bums. Should be a good fight.

I'm still undecided on that one also, looks like a trap @ +145   👀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

I'm still undecided on that one also, looks like a trap @ +145   👀

It's hard to tell what the **** I'm looking at with the odds. I would sadly take Emmers at +145. I want Valiev to win, but Emmers does have wins over Cory Sandhagen and Alex Hernandez. As far as I can tell, he caught those guys early in their careers and they got substantially better while Emmers didn't. The loss to Erosa was pitiful.

Valiev will have the speed and grappling advantage. Emmers has the length and striking to cause Timur problems if he can't get inside. I hope Timur wins and moves down to bantamweight again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

man this co-main event is really something.  i would have been so much more stoked for this card if covid19 didnt scrap the aldana vs holly holm main event.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, OzPride said:

Valiev should win a clear UD,

Ed Herman for the retirement party upset win

GM lll/ up a wt class, ko'd in the 1st rd 3 mos. ago, slower than Herman,

& not to mention Meerschaert absolutely sucks donkey schwantz .

I can see Ed winning 2 rds.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, skillandpower said:

Some interesting match ups

I like Luque vs Brown

Randy Brown will take a beating here.

Yo @cashfl0w who is this pasty 20 year old virgin they've got so heavily favored over Melvin Brunson?  The only thing I've heard is that Ronda Rousey used to beat him up in the gym.

• Confused 1

lol this dork says he's going to beat Jon Jones out for youngest UFC champion!

Good luck with that kid.  Your division isn't filled with guys on the wrong side of 35.  Cannon, Costa, old Romero and Melvin Adesanya would sleep this kid.  I reckon even Bobby, Darrell and Kelvin would give him the hands.  The Joker takes home any limb that he wants.  I'm probably forgetting a few more middleweights.  Let Mike Perry move up so he can slam KO this virgin.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Randy Brown will take a beating here.

Yo @cashfl0w who is this pasty 20 year old virgin they've got so heavily favored over Melvin Brunson?  The only thing I've heard is that Ronda Rousey used to beat him up in the gym.

They're setting this little idiot up with a fight they think he can win. Brunson will go Full Retard and get cracked on the chin. Bank on it.

I like the first dog on the card tonight. Cody Durden. I think he has a shot to beat Guttierez. Much better than Vegas thinks he has.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

They're setting this little idiot up with a fight they think he can win. Brunson will go Full Retard and get cracked on the chin. Bank on it.

I like the first dog on the card tonight. Cody Durden. I think he has a shot to beat Guttierez. Much better than Vegas thinks he has.

And they're giving him someone on the wrong side of 35.  If he wants to beat Jon Jones as youngest champion he needs to get in there with The Joker ASAP.  I think the Killa Gorilla would snap this kid in half.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

And they're giving him someone on the wrong side of 35.  If he wants to beat Jon Jones as youngest champion he needs to get in there with The Joker ASAP.  I think the Killa Gorilla would snap this kid in half.

Heh.. they won't give this kid a fight they think he can lose before the title fight. If he KO's Brunson like I sort of expect him to, they'll feed the remains of Brittle Knuckles to him as a title contender fight.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Heh.. they won't give this kid a fight they think he can lose before the title fight. If he KO's Brunson like I sort of expect him to, they'll feed the remains of Brittle Knuckles to him as a title contender fight.

Ronda knows the blue print.  Fight Bethe with no top 15 wins while Tate fights the real contenders.  Surely training under Edmond will eventually be this boys demise.  I've done further research and apparently Ronda is his manager.  Trainer and manager combined I don't think this ends well.  They'll have him thinking he can go out there and exchange with the top dogs.  I'm not sure he gets past Bobby unless he does it early.

LOL looks like GM3 has a false positive.  Either that or he had a bunch of false negatives to get this close to the fight.  It took our city mayor 4 tests before he finally got a positive.  I was actually looking forward to him at light heavy against a shop worn blown up middleweight in Herman.  Ed has to be the last old school TUF competitor with a brain cell.  Diego's brain skipped town like a decade ago.

This card has 9 fights... they just had one with 15.  This chit is a train wreck they should've stayed on Yas Island unless costs were killing them.  If you look at the video of how they were doing it over there you would've thought Covid was a death sentence and not a 99% survival sickness.  They had staff in full on hazmat suits.

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

He should have gotten the sub in the first round. What a ****ing idiot.

Short notice and he just came off a weight cut like 13 days before this cut.  That's rough.

• Like 1

I don't know... I think Brunson has beat better fighters than this pasty virgin.  Melvin Brunson 3.0 by decision at +700.  I got five on it.

LOL another fight scrapped.  8 fight card.

• Confused 1