Sign in to follow this  
-idyb-

Simply Spectacular! RDS adds Georges St-Pierre to fight commentary broadcast team!

116550121_3313735821981371_4269896818459

RDS adds Georges St-Pierre to fight commentary broadcast team

https://www.mmacrossfire.com/2020/07/31/rds-adds-georges-st-pierre-to-fight-commentary-broadcast-team/

Canadian speciality French TV channel RDS announced today the addition of former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre as a fight TV analyst.

GSP’s primary role will be to provide analysis of the fights, beginning with the preliminary fights of UFC 252 on Aug. 15, which features heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic defending against former champion Daniel Cormier in the main event.

“I am very pleased to officially join the RDS team and I look forward to sharing my knowledge of mixed martial arts with the public, ” St-Pierre said in a UFC press release. “I look forward to taking advantage of this new opportunity that RDS is offering me to have fun and exchange with the fans.”

RDS is owned by CTV Speciality Television Inc. It holds the exclusive Canadian English and French broadcast and digital rights for UFC programming through its French TV station RDS and English sister station TSN.

“We are very proud that Georges has accepted to be part of the RDS team of experts,” Domenic Vannelli, vice-president of production at RDS. “His unique personality and his exceptional experience in the octagon make him a great asset to the strong UFC combat description team already in place at RDS.”

St-Pierre is scheduled to be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame this summer’s part of the 2020 class. He is a two-time UFC welterweight champion and a UFC middleweight champion as well. He generally considered by fans and experts to be the greatest fighter and ambassador to ever step into the octagon.

“I’ve always said Georges is the most famous athlete to ever come out of Canada,” UFC president Dana White said. “His impact on the sport has been massive across the country, but especially for French-Canadians. I am pumped that he’s decided to join the RDS commentary team and share his knowledge and experience directly with our fans.”

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

I've always thought of GSP as a budget Paul Felder

i cant see paul felder becoming a canadian multi-division champion, hall of fame inductee, and the consensus #1 p4p GOAT. let me know when paul felcher defeats every single opponent he's ever faced and wins a couple belts in a few divisions and then we'll talk.