Thepolarbear

That last fight between Gutierrez & Durden is the exact reason the current system for scoring MMA fights is flawed!

Draft for proposed new scoring system for MMA fights.

The current system for scoring and deciding MMA fights is antiquated and is not a true reflection of the contest and therefor should no longer be used to determine the outcome of MMA fights. 
No other competitive sports, other than fighting are decided by the accumulation of rounds or periods won, they are all decided by total scores accumulated from the entirety of the contest. This is the main reason the current round by round scoring system does not work no matter how you score the round whether it be a 10/9 or 10/8 round because it still goes against the scoring of the contest in it's entirety.
For example 
Patriots    6   7   3  17  =  33
Raiders    7  10  7    7  =  31

Obviously the PATRIOTS win the game but if that was scored like in an MMA fight then the RAIDERS would be the winner on the basis that they won 3 quarters to 1 quarter or more likely: 
10/9 Raiders
10/9 Raiders
10/9 Raiders 
10/8 Patriots = 
RAIDERS    38
PATRIOTS  37
So no matter how you look at it  the round by round system is flawed and should never be used to decide future MMA contests. Judges who score these fights can not be held accountable at present because there IS no official scoring to decide the winner of a fight, just an accumulation of 3 people's opinions. Also I've never seen any other professional sports that have officials just arrive at the contest and give their opinions without any formal training or accountability. So how do we fix this? Well for starters the current system has to be thrown out completely and you have to start again with a blank canvas or else it would be like building a luxury apartment on top of a crack house. The fights should still be fought exactly how they are now, but scored in their entirety with the breaks between rounds as simply that, rest periods for the fighters. So how do we score the fights? Simple really, what you see in real time needs to be scored in real time on an official scorecard. For example each exchange between the fighters should be scored as it happens. I pt given for strikes and 2pts given for significant strikes, 2 points for completed takedowns, 1pt for moving into better positions such as side control, full mount, taking of the back etc. Obviously octagon control and clinching up against the cage is a little more difficult to define but maybe accrue single points over time for that one for the fighter in control. Also just like other sports you do not get points for defence and that would be exactly the same here. By doing this you can then add up the scores at the end of the fight and you should have the correct winner! You can then just look at the scores of a fight and know which one's were excitng with a lot of exchanges and which one's were lack luster. The other benefit of scoring fights as such would mean that judges can NOW be held accountable as their 'real time' scorecards can be matched up with the video of the fight and they would have to explain themselves if they scored the fight incompetently. If this better scoring system was put in to place these judges would then need to be trained in the art of scoring a fight just like other officials in other professional sports and rightly so! These fighters put everything into these training camps and fights and continually get ripped off by incompetent judging and an inadequate scoring system! TIME4CHANGE👊
Wayne Walters UFC Fan!

• Thanks 2

I appreciate a poster who has the guts to put their real name to a terrible post. 

Good luck with your campaign, Dwayne. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I appreciate a poster who has the guts to put their real name to a terrible post. 

i dont know how legit that might be when a guy is saying hes from australia and calls himself the polar bear

just putting that out there

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

This jobber making me look like a fcuking hero 

He’s probably fcuking Swedish too 

Is he virtue signaling already??

2 hours ago, Dark_Horse said:

Tl;dr

Oh, and ban wickles

wickles for forum moderator 2021.  you better believe it son

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2020 at 1:40 PM, Bubba_Sparks said:

🖕

On 8/2/2020 at 7:57 PM, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

This jobber making me look like a fcuking hero 

He’s probably fcuking Swedish too 

No dichkead I'm from The greatest country in the fukcing world and and if i could cut off the top of your head and take a look inside we'd probably find a mouse running around looking for a piece of cheese where your brain should be!

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2020 at 8:27 AM, -idyb- said:

wickles for forum moderator 2021.  you better believe it son

And why not ban whatever the fcuk you want, there is obviously a ban on you having a brain you unintelligent waste of space!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Thepolarbear said:

🖕

Great response! Were you born stupid or was it something they taught you at school? That's assuming you even went to school, you banjo playing inbred!!!

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

CB has an evil alt.

Hey ya try and put something out there just to try something different to the current system but then ya realize ya trying to educate fukcing retards!! You prikcs are sucking up oxygen that could be better used by people with actual brain cells in their heads. You're all Absolute Fukcing Morons!

26 minutes ago, Thepolarbear said:

🖕

And what are you campaigning for Bubba? Helmet free Fridays so you can run around the park ****itng and pisisng your pants with a stupid smile on your dumb fukc face?

Too stupid to know he's quoting himself, then responding to himself....hearing voices again are we ? lol

emgn-ugly-cakes-pic-7.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Too stupid to know he's quoting himself, then responding to himself....hearing voices again are we ? lol

emgn-ugly-cakes-pic-7.jpg

vá se foder

52 minutes ago, Thepolarbear said:

No dichkead I'm from The greatest country in the fukcing world and and if i could cut off the top of your head and take a look inside we'd probably find a mouse running around looking for a piece of cheese where your brain should be!

Reported for avoiding the swear filter. 

Enjoy your ban.

9 hours ago, Thepolarbear said:

Australia is a fcuking hole. Full of crims and surrounded by Cannibals and Fake New Zealanders. 

If i was from Adelaide. I'd probably pretend to be from Sweden, you fcuking nonce cnut. You facking Home and Away loving Prack

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

IMAGINE ASKING MICHAEL CHIESA FOR A PHOTO. LMFAOOOOOO

I DIED. RIP ME.

You leave @12er out of this mate.

Back on topic, I thought I'd seen OP before. Maybe this is more for British posters though

Compo-photo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So what you're really trying to tell us is that you own 2 shirts ? 

I now understand your disdain for life and and hatred of your fellow man....I'd advise a 45 caliber in your mouth, and slowly pull the trigger until your pain ends.

You're welcome.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

@Rumbin

Did you play a part in this or does the free forum get all the credit?

Premium forum is dead

We all moved to twitter and talk gambling, booze and mock Jeff all day

17 hours ago, Thepolarbear said:

And why not ban whatever the fcuk you want, there is obviously a ban on you having a brain you unintelligent waste of space!

i'm honoured to finally meet somebody on this forum who has less brain cells than i do.  are we smoking puddles tonight brah?

seriously though,  you  need to take some of your meth money and go buy a new shirt. one that doesnt say Tapout on it.  that just lets everyone around you know that youre just a giant wanker that gets laid less often than i do

Edited by -idyb-