POTUF

"The Boys" Season 2 Discussion

Doesn't seem the same without Deddy's passive aggressive takes.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Doesn't seem the same without Deddy's passive aggressive takes.

It's hard to believe that half of his posts we're poop updates and they were somehow the less s**tty ones. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TUF said:

It's hard to believe that half of his posts we're poop updates and they were somehow the less s**tty ones. 

Lol. So has season 2 actually started then? Why isn't Amazon Prime telling me such things?

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. So has season 2 actually started then? Why isn't Amazon Prime telling me such things?

Next Friday

1 minute ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Also, soon to Mrs NoCake will be getting thoroughly ignored on Friday while I smash through this. 

Seems we're getting drip fed. 3 episodes at release and then weekly after that. So tell Mrs NoCake that you can still Netflix and Chill "Amazon and Get it On"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Seems we're getting drip fed. 3 episodes at release and then weekly after that. So tell Mrs NoCake that you can still Netflix and Chill "Amazon and Get it On"

Wtf?! That’s upsetting. Why would they do this? I want to no life for a weekend while watching them all.

Also - no way m8, I’m taking advice from my boy @I_Take_Roids_m8 and only doing that when I decide to put a baby in her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Wtf?! That’s upsetting. Why would they do this? I want to no life for a weekend while watching them all.

Also - no way m8, I’m taking advice from my boy @I_Take_Roids_m8 and only doing that when I decide to put a baby in her.

That's just good advice. 

I kind of like this hybrid of being able binge part of the season and then getting to live in the hype for a couple months and discussing it week to week. Just hoping the hype is enough to bring us all closer together but also not enough to bring Freddie back from the dead. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

That's just good advice. 

I kind of like this hybrid of being able binge part of the season and then getting to live in the hype for a couple months and discussing it week to week. Just hoping the hype is enough to bring us all closer together but also not enough to bring Freddie back from the dead. 

Ahhh that sweet spot between forum reconciliation and **** bag resurrection, you can’t beat it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Looking forward to seeing that **** eating grin from Homelander again, he’s one of a kind the guy that plays him, outstanding performance. 

I'm all for staying faithful to the source material but after hearing they just signed Jensen Ackles as the Captain America knock off for season 3, who has the butt sects with Homelander in the comics, I'm hoping they go a bit off script. 

Here are all the times Sam and Dean died in 'Supernatural' – Film ...

• Haha 1

Haven't started.....but....Mrs Sparks is out all Saturday, and winter is already coming to Sweden, so I'm gonna catch me up a few episodes.

Watch this space for my hottest of hot takes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, agtx said:

Wonder if Disney will sue amazon for copying captain jack sparrow.

lol I don't remember it being that bad in season 1 but even Honest Trailers called Karl Urban out for this ^ 

Did anybody else think his return was a little unceremonious as well? 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 11:25 PM, TUF said:

lol I don't remember it being that bad in season 1 but even Honest Trailers called Karl Urban out for this ^ 

Did anybody else think his return was a little unceremonious as well? 

It was rather.

That said, episode 3 was one of the best episodes of both series IMO.  The tensions between the supes had always been a bit boring; it's definitely spiced things up a bit with the arrival of stormfront.  I guess they released 3 episodes in one go with the aim of having a couple of slow burners followed by something with a bit of a bang.  

Also, has one of you nerds got a link to a list of the supes powers?  Thought they had very specific powers (e.g Homelander can fly plus laser thing), but then they all seem to be incredibly strong/tough.  Perplexing.

• Like 1

Seems like an action-filler-action pattern in the episodes so far.

I think all the supers have super strength and toughness as a base. 

I read up about black noir, think i spoiled it for myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, agtx said:

I was curious what you meant by “spoiled it for myself” and read up on him, now I’ve spoiled it for myself as well.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I was curious what you meant by “spoiled it for myself” and read up on him, now I’ve spoiled it for myself as well.

Now I'm really curious....

3 hours ago, agtx said:

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

Yea im glad theyve abandoned a lot of the source material and hearing they cast a blacksplosive actor as Noir, makes me think they have with that too.

Thats more interesting if true with Stormfront being a Neo-Nazi. 

Also, huge news that 12er watches given his tough stance on Marvel. 

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

Yea im glad theyve abandoned a lot of the source material and hearing they cast a blacksplosive actor as Noir, makes me think they have with that too.

Last year when I worked Sunday nights I started downloading seasons of tv shows and watching on my phone because we would be spending most of the night doing jack ****ing ****. 

Watched season 1 of this show, and that Al Pacino Nazi hunting show, and the entirety of the man in the high castle. I probably wouldn’t have watched any of those shows if I hadn’t had so much paid time to kill. 

Mrs 12er likes the show, so watching season 2 with her counts as spending time together. You have to find these opportunities 10 years into a marriage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TUF said:

Also, they have a blacksplosive voice Vader and then a shriveled up white boy when they showed his face, so I would argue it doesn’t matter who is in the costume right now in regards to whether or not they abandoned the source material. 

• Thanks 1

lol somebody posted this picture to describe this episode and it's fairly accurate

ekrlzymvjfm51.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Haha 1

Carrying on the action-filler-action-filler pattern so far.

Black noir is poised for action....or something,  Homelander is going off his nut and Butcher will be trying even harder to take down the baddies to free his wife from her prison. Most likely a good episode next week.

3 hours ago, agtx said:

Carrying on the action-filler-action-filler pattern so far.

Black noir is poised for action....or something,  Homelander is going off his nut and Butcher will be trying even harder to take down the baddies to free his wife from her prison. Most likely a good episode next week.

I don't mind the budget episodes like this from time to time. It set up so much conflict, lot of foreshadowing, and explained some things that were minor plot holes for me like why MM was even tied up in this in the first place. It's definitely setting up for an Avengers Civil War like episode for the end of the season. Just wondering where the line is drawn. Maeve and A-Train are definitely crossing team lines but can't see anybody killing Homelander until his son can throw the hands.

• Like 1

I'm in a cynical enough mood tonight that given that there is already a season 3 planned, season 2 will be good perhaps even great but not mind blowing.

19 minutes ago, agtx said:

Is that Mia Khalifa or do all arab chicks look the same?

Negative. She would have let Black Noir black her if that was the case.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, agtx said:

Is that Mia Khalifa or do all arab chicks look the same?

If all Arab chicks looked like that, the burqa wouldn’t be a thing m8.

• Like 1

The burqa exists so the men can hide their mrs from other men and also hide the beatings they give them from the public. Admiral akbar!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Love_cricket said:

I'm going to start with the first season.

@-idyb- turn your alt off you absolute bogan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzPride said:

@-idyb- turn your alt off you absolute bogan

i have no idea who this guy is, but if he's down with the great sport of cricket then im down with him

i still aint gonna watch this chit tho

Edited by -idyb-

5 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i have no idea who this guy is, but if he's down with the great sport of cricket then im down with him

i still aint gonna watch this chit tho

What if I told you that there's two whole episodes revolved around glory holes? 

20 minutes ago, OzPride said:

What if I told you that there's two whole episodes revolved around glory holes? 

what if i told you that your mother starred in the lead role for those episodes?

are they making a 3rd episode? if so let me know when theyre doing the casting

Edited by -idyb-

On 9/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, TUF said:

I don't mind the budget episodes like this from time to time. It set up so much conflict, lot of foreshadowing, and explained some things that were minor plot holes for me like why MM was even tied up in this in the first place. It's definitely setting up for an Avengers Civil War like episode for the end of the season. Just wondering where the line is drawn. Maeve and A-Train are definitely crossing team lines but can't see anybody killing Homelander until his son can throw the hands.

I agree with this so much I'm starting to think @TUFmight be my alt.

Seeing speedboats crash through sperm whales is awesome, but you wouldn't want it to happen every week.

Butcher's character was developed more in this episode than most of season 1 put together.  MM came to the fore, and the weird twisted depths of Homelander were explored considerably.  Whilst not as crash-bang exciting as episode 3, this was an excellent episode to watch.

Regarding Civil War, Black Noir must have a huge part to play. His cards are being kept extremely close to his chest deliberately methinks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I agree with this so much I'm starting to think @TUFmight be my alt.

Seeing speedboats crash through sperm whales is awesome, but you wouldn't want it to happen every week.

Butcher's character was developed more in this episode than most of season 1 put together.  MM came to the fore, and the weird twisted depths of Homelander were explored considerably.  Whilst not as crash-bang exciting as episode 3, this was an excellent episode to watch.

Regarding Civil War, Black Noir must have a huge part to play. His cards are being kept extremely close to his chest deliberately methinks.

m8, I'm pretty sure we were confirmed alts when we became the last 2 Condit fans on the fora. 

They always find a way to nerf/kill off the Flash/Quick Silver-like characters because they cause too many plot holes with their power, so my prediction is A-Train jumps teams and gets killed by Stormfront at the end of the season. I think the clips of Homelander lasering the crowd and civilians is wolf tickets. Most likely a fantasy the same way Hughie did in season 1. Would be too much of a shark jump if he turned full heel. Enjoying the weekly release format to theorize my terrible hot takes. Sad the neck beards are review bombing the show for that reason. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TUF said:

m8, I'm pretty sure we were confirmed alts when we became the last 2 Condit fans on the fora. 

They always find a way to nerf/kill off the Flash/Quick Silver-like characters because they cause too many plot holes with their power, so my prediction is A-Train jumps teams and gets killed by Stormfront at the end of the season. I think the clips of Homelander lasering the crowd and civilians is wolf tickets. Most likely a fantasy the same way Hughie did in season 1. Would be too much of a shark jump if he turned full heel. Enjoying the weekly release format to theorize my terrible hot takes. Sad the neck beards are review bombing the show for that reason. 

How many seasons is this going to run for?  Because frankly, if this gets added to the long and inglorious list of shows I've kinda got into that got cancelled (Heroes, Terra Nova, Evolution) I'll be rustled.

My hot takes are even worse, so I'm not going to even second guess.  I'm hoping though that the Deep's increasingly weird arc is something other than a bit of light comedic relief.  Otherwise it's a waste of screen-time not matched since Arya spent 3 whole seasons washing dead bodies just to decide it wasn't really for her.

• Like 1

Deep is being drawn into a cult by the looks of it. 

Im certain now that Black Noir is not the more powerful homelander clone made to take homelander down if needed like in the comic, i think they wanted a different twist because apparently it would be boring for the fanbase who already know it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, agtx said:

Deep is being drawn into a cult by the looks of it. 

Smh. Just because you ruined it for yourself by googling black noir doesn't mean you have to spoil it for everyone else. Edit your post or put a spoiler please. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

How many seasons is this going to run for?  Because frankly, if this gets added to the long and inglorious list of shows I've kinda got into that got cancelled (Heroes, Terra Nova, Evolution) I'll be rustled.

My hot takes are even worse, so I'm not going to even second guess.  I'm hoping though that the Deep's increasingly weird arc is something other than a bit of light comedic relief.  Otherwise it's a waste of screen-time not matched since Arya spent 3 whole seasons washing dead bodies just to decide it wasn't really for her.

lol atleast Arya had something resembling an arc with that storyline by avenging Robb Stark. Deep is getting side quested :( 

And I think the creator said they are looking to tell the story in 5 seasons. That's just right imo given what we know about the decline of certain recent shows