POTUF

"The Boys" Season 2 Discussion

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Smh. Just because you ruined it for yourself by googling black noir doesn't mean you have to spoil it for everyone else. Edit your post or put a spoiler please. 

I dont know whats going to happen...its what it looks like to me. Some sort of Tom Cruise scientology **** going on

51 minutes ago, agtx said:

I dont know whats going to happen...its what it looks like to me. Some sort of Tom Cruise scientology **** going on

Yeah, it's the bit about black noir that was kind of a spoiler.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, TUF said:

m8, I'm pretty sure we were confirmed alts when we became the last 2 Condit fans on the fora. 

They always find a way to nerf/kill off the Flash/Quick Silver-like characters because they cause too many plot holes with their power, so my prediction is A-Train jumps teams and gets killed by Stormfront at the end of the season. I think the clips of Homelander lasering the crowd and civilians is wolf tickets. Most likely a fantasy the same way Hughie did in season 1. Would be too much of a shark jump if he turned full heel. Enjoying the weekly release format to theorize my terrible hot takes. Sad the neck beards are review bombing the show for that reason. 

Ninja please

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, H.N.I.C. said:

Would anyone else shoot onto stormfront's tits?

Banger episode 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, H.N.I.C. said:

Would anyone else shoot onto stormfront's tits?

Hitler probably did.

• Like 1

From what I understand, Nerds were mad because Storm front was supposed to be a man. I don't like when they make those changes just to be woke but I don't know if that was the case here. I think they picked the perfect actress to take on that role. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

From what I understand, Nerds were mad because Storm front was supposed to be a man. I don't like when they make those changes just to be woke but I don't know if that was the case here. I think they picked the perfect actress to take on that role. 

I'm more mad that she's a bit of a minger tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amazon’s superhero series The Boys is getting a spinoff set in superhero college.

The project, written by The Boys executive producer Craig Rosenberg, had been in the works for awhile. It is being fast-tracked in light of the success of the original series’ second season which marked the most-watched global launch of an Amazon Original series ever.

11 hours ago, H.N.I.C. said:

I've watched the ending 10 times and I can't tell who all had their head exploded

This episode shook up a lot. 

Spoilers

Vogelbaum, Shockwave, Lamplighter and all the randoms getting unceremonious deaths was in theme with the show. I'm glad they went off source material with that Black Noir face reveal and have to think the Church of the Collective is behind the court scene. They've played a pretty big role this season without really doing f**k all. Not sure how they wrap up so many plot lines in the season finale.     

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TUF said:

This episode shook up a lot. 

Spoilers

Vogelbaum, Shockwave, Lamplighter and all the randoms getting unceremonious deaths was in theme with the show. I'm glad they went off source material with that Black Noir face reveal and have to think the Church of the Collective is behind the court scene. They've played a pretty big role this season without really doing f**k all. Not sure how they wrap up so many plot lines in the season finale.     

it will be another cliffhanger like season 1

except this time I wont instantly have season 3 to watch

Damn you TUF for creating this thread and exposing this show to me

If only i could have waited to watch it until the series was complete

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, H.N.I.C. said:

it will be another cliffhanger like season 1

except this time I wont instantly have season 3 to watch

Damn you TUF for creating this thread and exposing this show to me

If only i could have waited to watch it until the series was complete

You're welcome mate. I didn't join the GoT hype until late so now we both get to die like one of the virgins that cried about GoT season 8 because they had to wait a year and a half and it didn't meet their expectations. 

• Like 1

If you dubbed benny hill music over the courtroom scene it would be pretty funny.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

It seems like this season just started. 

This ^ I know people hated the weekly releases after getting the 3 at launch but I almost wish they would just make it a full weekly release series. They supposedly had a mini series that was suppose to drop mid season of Butchers side quests between season 1 and 2 or something if I remember right but not sure whatever happened to that. Hopefully we get these seasons yearly tho. Next September seems like a long ways away already. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TUF said:

This ^ I know people hated the weekly releases after getting the 3 at launch but I almost wish they would just make it a full weekly release series. They supposedly had a mini series that was suppose to drop mid season of Butchers side quests between season 1 and 2 or something if I remember right but not sure whatever happened to that. Hopefully we get these seasons yearly tho. Next September seems like a long ways away already. 

I think this is what they released, not worth the hype at all

Season finale was dope AF

• Like 1

The "Episode #___ Without Context" memes never fail to deliver. This was last nights.

r/TheBoys - The Boys episode 8 without context

I wanted to see Noir in hospital & see what they did with Stormfront. Thought they would show her locked up in a padded cell at that asylum place with her arms & legs missing. 

Disappointed with the Black Noir thing, he is weaker than Queen Maeve, she restrained him easily & forced a snickers bar into his mouth. 

In the comic version “the boys” take compound  v to be able to take on the supers and be able to take a beating, but in the tv show they dont, they could die easily & cant hurt the supers at all. Butcher was hitting Stormfront with a massive crowbar with zero effect, They escaped death at Noirs hands by luck, especially in the stormfront boss fight, she could have easily killed them all but it was a bit badly written, she just knocked them over, she also could have just crushed Beccas neck. Also if they were going to wreck stormfront, they could have gone a lot further with the nazi racism.

So, homelander didnt kill butchers wife, wheres his motivation to take him down now? He cant hurt the kid, he promised.

Starlight just went back to “the seven” even though her & Maeve tried to kill Black Noir & blackmailed homelander to get back in. Vaught & Homelander see them both as traitors, they know about all the stuff they did against them returning to the 7 building would be a death sentence, how does it all work as a story going forward?

Theres been a worrying ramp up of sjw & strong female-ness about this season & i wonder if the success of the first season will be its downfall as execs & co force agendas on the show. 

Just look at Joe Rogans podcast, Spotify took Joe onto their platform because hes popular, he interviews controversial people & says controversial things....its what he does but now the execs are censoring him, trying to change what he does & make him do apology videos for things he said that they didnt like. Buy something popular & then immediately change it, genius. 

Basically i think the next season will not be good.They may even water down the content, have more filler etc to make more seasons. 

• Confused 1

Just watched ep 7 & 8 back to back.  Liked this season more than expected.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:22 PM, agtx said:

Theres been a worrying ramp up of sjw & strong female-ness about this season

I was okay with the end **** kicking 3 on 1.  Much better than the blatant Avengers scene(s)

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 10:22 PM, agtx said:

I wanted to see Noir in hospital & see what they did with Stormfront. Thought they would show her locked up in a padded cell at that asylum place with her arms & legs missing. 

Disappointed with the Black Noir thing, he is weaker than Queen Maeve, she restrained him easily & forced a snickers bar into his mouth. 

In the comic version “the boys” take compound  v to be able to take on the supers and be able to take a beating, but in the tv show they dont, they could die easily & cant hurt the supers at all. Butcher was hitting Stormfront with a massive crowbar with zero effect, They escaped death at Noirs hands by luck, especially in the stormfront boss fight, she could have easily killed them all but it was a bit badly written, she just knocked them over, she also could have just crushed Beccas neck. Also if they were going to wreck stormfront, they could have gone a lot further with the nazi racism.

So, homelander didnt kill butchers wife, wheres his motivation to take him down now? He cant hurt the kid, he promised.

Starlight just went back to “the seven” even though her & Maeve tried to kill Black Noir & blackmailed homelander to get back in. Vaught & Homelander see them both as traitors, they know about all the stuff they did against them returning to the 7 building would be a death sentence, how does it all work as a story going forward?

Theres been a worrying ramp up of sjw & strong female-ness about this season & i wonder if the success of the first season will be its downfall as execs & co force agendas on the show. 

Just look at Joe Rogans podcast, Spotify took Joe onto their platform because hes popular, he interviews controversial people & says controversial things....its what he does but now the execs are censoring him, trying to change what he does & make him do apology videos for things he said that they didnt like. Buy something popular & then immediately change it, genius. 

Basically i think the next season will not be good.They may even water down the content, have more filler etc to make more seasons. 

So basically, you're disappointed because it didn't turn into a Marvel comic?

I thought it was a solid ending.  They've shifted focus very nicely from the boys v the supes to a much more nuanced situation where perhaps Vought aren't the real bad guys after all.  We also have no idea what Butcher's going to do next, how things will play out in the reunited 7, and what is the congresswoman really after.

The SJW stuff seemed tongue in cheek to me to be honest....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

Great show but I can't tell if Butcher's supposed to be British, Kiwi or Aussie, the accent is all over the place

He's playing him as a ****ney, but there's definitely a bit more fush and chups in there somewhere.

On the plus side, i had never quite put together that he was in Thor, plus LOTR so thanks for piquing my interest.

• Like 2

Also it was established in the “universe” that Stormfront was Homelanders girlfriend, kissing in public & everything. Would the public believe he didnt know she was a nazi when he was close to her, its the worst pr. They just sweep that away along with Homelander killing a civillian in a previous episode that had the public & media against Homelander & everything is fine. Also Stormfront had Homelander laser her tits for fun and she fully healed. Ryan is half human half Homelander, wouldnt he be a watered down homelander or at most only as powerful as him?

I appreciate that they are doing it different to the comics but i get the feeling they are just winging it a bit with the writing, the basics are the same & they include a lot of key events from the comics but it seems like they didnt expect the success they got with season 1, so theres no story arc in place from the first episode through to the final episode of the final season, its just quickly being written on the fly, they write themselves into corners too much & season 1 was better than 2, still good but not as good. If you take away the stuff they didnt go with from the comics and the major points they did use, they dont have that much base material left to draw from.

6 minutes ago, agtx said:

Also it was established in the “universe” that Stormfront was Homelanders girlfriend, kissing in public & everything. Would the public believe he didnt know she was a nazi when he was close to her, its the worst pr. They just sweep that away along with Homelander killing a civillian in a previous episode that had the public & media against Homelander & everything is fine. Also Stormfront had Homelander laser her tits for fun and she fully healed. Ryan is half human half Homelander, wouldnt he be a watered down homelander or at most only as powerful as him?

I appreciate that they are doing it different to the comics but i get the feeling they are just winging it a bit with the writing, the basics are the same & they include a lot of key events from the comics but it seems like they didnt expect the success they got with season 1, so theres no story arc in place from the first episode through to the final episode of the final season, its just quickly being written on the fly, they write themselves into corners too much & season 1 was better than 2, still good but not as good. If you take away the stuff they didnt go with from the comics and the major points they did use, they dont have that much base material left to draw from.

Your nitpicking a show where evil superman just shot a load on the entire city. 

10 minutes ago, agtx said:

Homelander has been reduced to some weirdo wanking at the moon.  I'm not sure everything is fine tbh.

Also, Ryan is a natural born supe, rather than an artificially created one, so there's a certain logic in him being stronger when pushed.  I'm a bit old for comics, so I haven't got any preconceived notions of how it should be, but I thought the ending was excellent.  Seems to be a clear connection from season 1 through to 2.

• Like 2

Stormfront was a man, in the showdown kimiko took his eye, then the boys kicked the **** out of him until he died.

The deep is a black guy in an old fashioned diving bell helmet with a cape & is background member of the 7 

transluscent isnt in the comic

stillwell was a man

The headbursting politician was a man

starlight had to blow homelander, black noir & a-train, not the deep

mothers milk has to drink breast milk reguarly or he dies

lamplighter was handed over to the boys as a truce to stop the war between the 7 & the boys, frenchie & kimiko kill him but vaught resurrect him as a zombie or something. 

On 10/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, agtx said:

transluscent isnt in the comic

they kinda kept it real with that one, lol 

• Like 1