Jump to content
Bezerker101

Fight Night 178/ Covington vs Woodley/ Vegas 11

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Taylor_Schonerstedt said:

All I can say is Colby is lucky he dodged Woodley in his prime

As a defending champion Tyron had ONE impressive performance.  His reign was garbage.  His output is garbage.  He's ****ing garbage and he's getting retired.  He can't even wrestle with a BJJ player that was knocked out cold by Dan Hooker two years ago.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

As a defending champion Tyron had ONE impressive performance.  His reign was garbage.  His output is garbage.  He's ****ing garbage and he's getting retired.  He can't even wrestle with a BJJ player that was knocked out cold by Dan Hooker two years ago.

The Tyron Woodley that danced around for fifty minutes and put me to sleep AT LEAST five times during the Wonderbread fights would have gotten handily decisioned by Colby Covington years ago. lol

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

As a defending champion Tyron had ONE impressive performance.  His reign was garbage.  His output is garbage.  He's ****ing garbage and he's getting retired.  He can't even wrestle with a BJJ player that was knocked out cold by Dan Hooker two years ago.

I'm talking the Tyron that fought Josh Koscheck, Jay heiron, stun gun, Carlos Condit, and Robbie Lawler

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zerk for Moderator.  Who's with me?

Also, decent card, even if Covington v Woodley feels a tad Mayweather/Paquiao-esque i.e several years too late.

Suspect this will be the fight where Woodley finally becomes better at rapping than fighting.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Zerk for Moderator.  Who's with me?

Also, decent card, even if Covington v Woodley feels a tad Mayweather/Paquiao-esque i.e several years too late.

Suspect this will be the fight where Woodley finally becomes better at rapping than fighting.

Seconded

UFC has put up Woodleys last win as a free fight to watch. Trying to trick me into believing Woodley isn't going to just back against the cage and throw nothing!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how does this thread not get a sticky but last weeks lol wmma card is still up?

this kind of chit wouldnt happen if i was moderating

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Zerk for Moderator.  Who's with me?

Also, decent card, even if Covington v Woodley feels a tad Mayweather/Paquiao-esque i.e several years too late.

Suspect this will be the fight where Woodley finally becomes better at rapping than fighting.

 

17 hours ago, Decompoze said:

Seconded

UFC has put up Woodleys last win as a free fight to watch. Trying to trick me into believing Woodley isn't going to just back against the cage and throw nothing!

I do think Colby wins an easy UD but...

His new trainers are going to have him fight orthodox for the first time in his career.  He is right handed and will be less likely to get caught by the 3 or 4 overhand rights Woodley will throw in the orthodox stance.  I just don't know if converting a career long right handed southpaw is the right thing to do right now.  He could on instinct fight southpaw most of the fight anyway.  He's a volume guy and not a power puncher from either stance IMO.  I think all MMA fighters should be able to fight from both.

It could be straight wolf tickets.  If Colby lives anywhere rent free it's inside Tyron's head.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

 

I do think Colby wins an easy UD but...

His new trainers are going to have him fight orthodox for the first time in his career.  He is right handed and will be less likely to get caught by the 3 or 4 overhand rights Woodley will throw in the orthodox stance.  I just don't know if converting a career long right handed southpaw is the right thing to do right now.  He could on instinct fight southpaw most of the fight anyway.  He's a volume guy and not a power puncher from either stance IMO.  I think all MMA fighters should be able to fight from both.

It could be straight wolf tickets.  If Colby lives anywhere rent free it's inside Tyron's head.

Good info! Yeah and I admit that any time I have a specific issue with a fighter and I hear that fighter address/state they are going to fix it, I tend to buy the wolf tickets more. In this case it's Tyron stating he needs to let his hands go. I'll most likely just side with the easy Covington by UD in the end but all these things gives me more hope than it should.

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

I snipped this @ 1:00pm Friday here, .. you'll never get -390 on Chimaev again after this if he wins-  👀

 

image.png.02260005db67828ad1849678434536db.png

Didn't you say you took a flyer on Meerschaert m8 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Decompoze said:

Didn't you say you took a flyer on Meerschaert m8 

 

naturally, .. doesn't pay to bet Khamzat straight-up, I got the Swede in two 9 leg parlays @ -425

 

* Chimaev is a UFC hype-job (I won't be shocked if he tanks my parlays) - I'm pre-conditioned  😐

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Decompoze said:

 

Not THE Damon Jackson ?

So they scrapped Baeza/ Wells ? ...... I had Baeza in two parlays dammit  🖕

image.png.5953a58cf26b67f1f249d15ad02a0a8b.png

image.png.38f9932fab49d1303dae45e47a0f97ee.png

Edited by Bezerker101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thick thighs last week and thick tiits this week. 

100% in on this card. Cant wait to see Woodley get outclassed AGAIN.

Its getting rarer and rarer for the UFC to put together a good main card so enjoy it gents.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  -Be here or be queeer for Nam vs Rivera,  ^^^

Java Fireballs & Popcorn/ 5:00am DST Sunday - 14 bouts  (5:00pm EST Saturday for you foreigners)-

_________________________________________________________________

tenor.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know Colby ducked Woodley and tonight we will see why. He can out wrestle and out punch Colby, bad matchup. KO for Woodley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...