Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BarbaricBob

Leon Edwards vs Chimaev set to cap off 2020

Recommended Posts

They can pair Edwards with the hottest prospect in the game right now, and we still only get one comment. lol

Leon Edwards couldn't sell ten PPVs if his life depended on it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 1:03 PM, cashfl0w said:

They can pair Edwards with the hottest prospect in the game right now, and we still only get one comment. lol

Leon Edwards couldn't sell ten PPVs if his life depended on it.

Mate, this is such huge news that there are TWO separate threads about it, with a grand total now of 5 comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Mate, this is such huge news that there are TWO separate threads about it, with a grand total now of 5 comments.

I want to be careful about encouraging the promotion of a decision machine with the strongest lisp in sports.

We just chased off the Diaz brothers, FFS.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I want to be careful about encouraging the promotion of a decision machine with the strongest lisp in sports.

We just chased off the Diaz brothers, FFS.

I'd say second strongest behind Chris Eubank. But he might have been before your time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 6:03 AM, cashfl0w said:

They can pair Edwards with the hottest prospect in the game right now, and we still only get one comment. lol

Leon Edwards couldn't sell ten PPVs if his life depended on it.

...and somehow, despite mountains of evidence, Leon Edwards either doesn't get it or refuses to accept it. Even those who believe that matchmaking should be a pure meritocracy understand that in the fight game, hype matters. Edwards' obstinate stance in this regard is simultaneously irritating and bewildering.

Perhaps he doubles down on the title shot he's "earned" because he intrinsically knows that no one wants to watch him fight. His refusal to accept fights he considers "beneath" his standing only points to the fact that even though deep down he understands, he can't admit it to himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...