MauroPedrosa

Who’s the MMA GOAT?

1 minute ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Where’s Amanda?

Honestly don't think she's as skilled as those three. She's a tank though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

this is a question that has already been answered

327_Michael_Bisping_vs_Georges_St_Pierre

My pick for GOAT, with guys like DJ and Khabib very close.

Silva and Jones are unbelievable but the failed drug tests are hard to ignore.

Amanda Nunes has a ridiculous resume, as well.

• Like 3

There is no doubt its Khabib, how ever boring his style may be, hes 29-0 and has beaten some of the best, my only wish was to see him face Tony though

17 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

1. Khabib

2. GSP

The only two. No other contenders. Theyre either roid cheats or never avenged losses. 

It would have been interesting to see those 2, both in their prime. Khabib would have the grappling advantage, George with the striking.

Both have been said to be extremely strong for their sizes, so I'd say thats a wash.

• Like 2

As you all should know by now, I've backed Khabib since the beginning. I told people on this same very forum that he'd be one of the greatest ever when it's all said and done. I never doubted the great Khabib, and never will.

5e71d954235c186519070e23_1-768x512.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

1. Khabib

2. GSP

The only two. No other contenders. Theyre either roid cheats or never avenged losses. 

Greasing to beat a fat Hawaiian is worse than a picograb or two in your protein powder 

• Haha 1

I'd be more confident in saying Khabib if he sticks around a little longer. If he's really retired, I don't know. One of the reasons GSP is mentioned is because he cleaned out a division more than once. If Khabib kept fighting - even for another two or three years - and put on performances like he did today, I'd have no problem considering him one of the greatest to have ever done it.

16 minutes ago, ijosef said:

I'd be more confident in saying Khabib if he sticks around a little longer. If he's really retired, I don't know. One of the reasons GSP is mentioned is because he cleaned out a division more than once. If Khabib kept fighting - even for another two or three years - and put on performances like he did today, I'd have no problem considering him one of the greatest to have ever done it.

So he's not even in the conversation with roid cheats?  Georges may not have ever popped but that HGH gut doesn't lie.  Jones and Anderson were geared up for their entire reigns.

7 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

1. Khabib

2. GSP

Avenged losses is OK, but never losing dominates that argument.

2 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

So he's not even in the conversation with roid cheats?  Georges may not have ever popped but that HGH gut doesn't lie.  Jones and Anderson were geared up for their entire reigns.

gsp defeated every single opponent and drug test he had ever faced throughout his entire career.    this is a fact. its not up for debate

i think youre just a little jelly of gsp's all-natural canadian belly m8

xBi7PNz.jpg

that was him just a few weeks ago.   gsp is a jacked white canadian boy.  #dealwithit

GSP Bless!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

gsp defeated every single opponent and drug test he had ever faced throughout his entire career.    this is a fact. its not up for debate

i think youre just a little jelly of gsp's all-natural canadian belly m8

xBi7PNz.jpg

that was him just a few weeks ago.   gsp is a jacked white canadian boy.  #dealwithit

GSP Bless!

Even flexing while doing an exercise you can see what HGH has done to his stomach.  Look at a strongman like Eddie Hall who is twice the size of Georges.  Look GSP had and likely still has the most well rounded skillset.  He did what he had to do to win.  In his era everybody was on steroids.  While not singling him out I kinda am.  He managed to pass all of his drug tests but he only had 1 in the USADA era.

Go back to 2013 though and this man was convinced that Hendricks was on a lot of steroids.  So much so that he wanted WADA or VADA testing and I believe was going to pay for it himself.  Hendricks straight up refused and became a total can when USADA rolled into town.

Georges beat some great fighters.  Dudes that aren't given the respect the deserve for the era that they competed in.  Do I think he was all natty?  No.  Is he a scumbag piece of **** sociopath that has been popped multiple times like Jon Jones?  **** no!

I didn't like greasegate but I was a fan of GSP before he was champ.  I think it had something to do with me not liking Matt Hughes.  He wrote Penn off and got stopped in the 1st and was still just a piece of **** human being.  The dude couldn't even successfully get killed by a goddamn train because his truck was too big.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

lol

once again you jelly of natty goats belly

Okay @I_Take_Roids_m8 was Georges 100% natty during his reign?  I'm not taking anything away from him because look at some of the dudes he fought.  Thiago Alves was no doubt on steroids.  Look at him try to drop to lightweight for Jim Miller,  managed to hit 163 and still lose to a high mileage vet.  When he was a top contender he missed the 170 mark a few times.

Do those ridiculous traps lie?  It's like Vitor who at age 37 was just naturally jacked as ****.  Then he has to pass drug tests and in less than a year looks like he skipped all weight lifting.

5 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

Jones. No one can match his victories inside and outside of the cage. 

This is a good one.  The sociopathic **** up does whatever the **** he wants.  No consequences except that 12 to 6 elbow before he was champ.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Okay @I_Take_Roids_m8 was Georges 100% natty during his reign?  I'm not taking anything away from him because look at some of the dudes he fought.  Thiago Alves was no doubt on steroids.  Look at him try to drop to lightweight for Jim Miller,  managed to hit 163 and still lose to a high mileage vet.  When he was a top contender he missed the 170 mark a few times.

Do those ridiculous traps lie?  It's like Vitor who at age 37 was just naturally jacked as ****.  Then he has to pass drug tests and in less than a year looks like he skipped all weight lifting.

people lie, but drug tests don't

gsp passed every one of them.    thats a fact.  i could say that he abuses <insert name of performance enhancing drug or steroid here> and  that doesnt make it fact or truth when all i have to go by is my suspicion.

and besides, gsp quite easilly passes my eye test.  idyb can recognize 100% all-natural talent and greatness when he sees it. thats why he's been on the gsp and khabib bandwagon since day one. no questions asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

people lie, but drug tests don't

gsp passed every one of them.    thats a fact.  i could say that he abuses <insert name of performance enhancing drug or steroid here> and  that doesnt make it fact or truth when all i have to go by is my suspicion.

and besides, gsp quite easilly passes my eye test.  idyb can recognize 100% all-natural talent and greatness when he sees it. thats why he's been on the gsp and khabib bandwagon since day one. no questions asked.

Fair enough he did pass his drug tests.

However just because other people were taking more steroids doesn't mean Georges wasn't taking some.  You can't even medal at the Olympics without steroids.  I don't think you can defend your title a dozen times during the steroid era without them either.

12 hours ago, stehilton94 said:

There is no doubt its Khabib, how ever boring his style may be, hes 29-0 and has beaten some of the best, my only wish was to see him face Tony though

Tony and Charles Oliveira are the only stylistic matchups that I'd like to see.

Maybe a sprawl and brawler but there doesn't seem to be anyone like that around. In the Tibau fight Khabib was a lot younger and worse at stand up.

--

I'm not ready to just scream GOAT at Khabib because he only has 3 title defenses, but he's certainly in the conversation. And being undefeated AND so freaking dominant speaks volumes

If you hold up the list of people Khabib beat, you cannot begin to call him the GOAT.

Hell, I'd say Marty has already fought tougher competition. And much more frequently at that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

You're a Cnut

You couldn't matter any less if you painted yourself brown and got shot by the cops.

• Haha 4

Just now, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

You Racist Pig

Fcuk you

MODS!

I'm the only mod here, dipchit.

Abusing you is more fun than banning you though. So you're staying. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

You're a  Doll shagging fcukwit

My woman appreciates the compliment, halfwit.

1 minute ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

You in a relationship with a Doll

Fcuking Weirdo

You're in a relationship with your hand.

• Like 1

Early Jones was amazing but failed drug tests put a cloud over him. Skill and ring IQ are the some the best

Silva, see above

Bisping is the GOAT ducker

Khabib is the GOAT fvcker

It's probably GSP. Resume and skills with no real controversies. 

• Like 2

These discussions always get tainted by highly subjective things about winning lucky decisions, being caught for roiding, allegedly roiding, greasing, missing weight, being French - and that's all just GSP.

So I've developed a point-based, fact-based system to end this debate once and for all. I have no doubt at all that there will be zero objections to this, and that we will unite behind the results of the patented Bubba Sparks GOAT analysis mechanism.

Will only count fights in major organisations (i.e UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, Pride, Jungle Fights), because anyone can go 200-0 fighting cans.

So. Here's the system.

Win a belt in any weight class - 3 points

Win a belt in second weight class - 5 points

Every title defence - 2 points, with a bonus point for each finish

Lose a title fight - minus 2 points. Lose an extra point for getting finished

1 point for every 5 fights in longest winning streak

Bonus 5 points for being undefeated (shady DQ's don't count)

Bonus 3 points for defeating a fellow GOAT contender.

Lose 3 points for losing to a fellow GOAT contender.

Fighters to be evaluated are: Khabib, Jones, GSP, Silva, Nunes, DC, MM, Fedor, Conor.  Those 9 fighters are all the names proposed so far in this thread, so we'll leave it at that.

Tune in below for the results...

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Thanks 1

Doing them in reverse order.  First up Conor:

Belts in 2 weight classes 8 points.  Defences: 0 points.  Finished in title fight: -3 points.  Win streak (7): 1 point.  Lost to fellow GOAT: - 3 points. Conor scores 3 GOAT points 

Next: Fedor

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points.  Defences: 3 (1 finish): 7 points.  Finished in 1 title fight: -3 points.  Win streak (18): 3 points.  Fedor scores 12 GOAT points

Mighty Mouse. 

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points.  Defences: 11 (7 finishes): 29 points.  Lost 2 title fights (finished in 1): -5 points.  Win streak (13): 2 points. MM scores 31 GOAT points

DC

Belts in 2 weight classes: 8 points. Defences: 4 (3 finishes): 11 points.  Lost 3 title fights (finishes in 1): -7 points. Win streak (13): 2 points. Lost to fellow GOAT: -5 points. DC scores 9 GOAT points

Nunes

Belts in 2 weight classes: 8 points. Defences: 6 (3 finishes): 15 points. Win streak (11): 2 points. Nunes scores 25 GOAT points

Silva

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points. Defences: 10 (7 finishes): 27 points.  Lost 2 title fights (finished in both): -6 points.  Win streak (15): 3 points. Silva scores 29 GOAT points

GSP

Belts in 2 weight classes: 8 points.  Defences: 9 (1 finish....lol): 19 points.  Lost 2 title fights (finished in both)@ -6 points. Win streak (13): 2 points. GSP scores 23 GOAT points

Jones

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points. Defences: 11 (6 finishes): 28 points. Win streak (17): 3 points. Defeating fellow GOAT: 3 points. Being undefeated: 5 points. Jones scores 44 GOAT points

Khabib

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points. Defences: 3 (3 finishes): 9 points.  Win streak (13): 3 points. Defeating fellow GOAT: 3 points. Being undefeated: 5 points. Khabib scores 25 GOAT points

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the top 5 is therefore as follows:-

1. Jones

2. Mighty Mouse

3. Silva

4= Nunes

4= Khabib

Who'd have thought?
Threef.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Belts in 2 weight classes 8 points.  Defences: 0 points.  Finished in title fight: -3 points.  Win streak (7): 1 point.  Lost to fellow GOAT: - 3 points. Conor scores 3 GOAT points 

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points.  Defences: 3 (1 finish): 7 points.  Finished in 1 title fight: -3 points.  Win streak (18): 3 points.  Fedor scores 12 GOAT points

Mighty Mouse. 

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points.  Defences: 11 (7 finishes): 29 points.  Lost 2 title fights (finished in 1): -5 points.  Win streak (13): 2 points. MM scores 31 GOAT points

DC

Belts in 2 weight classes: 8 points. Defences: 4 (3 finishes): 11 points.  Lost 3 title fights (finishes in 1): -7 points. Win streak (13): 2 points. Lost to fellow GOAT: -5 points. DC scores 9 GOAT points

Nunes

Belts in 2 weight classes: 8 points. Defences: 6 (3 finishes): 15 points. Win streak (11): 2 points. Nunes scores 25 GOAT points

Silva

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points. Defences: 10 (7 finishes): 27 points.  Lost 2 title fights (finished in both): -6 points.  Win streak (15): 3 points. Silva scores 29 GOAT points

GSP

Belts in 2 weight classes: 8 points.  Defences: 9 (1 finish....lol): 19 points.  Lost 2 title fights (finished in both)@ -6 points. Win streak (13): 2 points. GSP scores 23 GOAT points

Jones

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points. Defences: 11 (6 finishes): 28 points. Win streak (17): 3 points. Defeating fellow GOAT: 3 points. Being undefeated: 5 points. Jones scores 44 GOAT points

Khabib

Belts in 1 weight class: 5 points. Defences: 3 (3 finishes): 9 points.  Win streak (13): 3 points. Defeating fellow GOAT: 3 points. Being undefeated: 5 points. Khabib scores 25 GOAT points

Great work and quite accurate, if we're being honest. GSP gets shafted but him only having 1 finish is hilarious

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Great work and quite accurate, if we're being honest. GSP gets shafted but him only having 1 finish is hilarious

Lol, thanks Mauro. Thought this would be 5 minutes work when i started....half an hour later i figured i should plod on.

Actually thought GSP would score higher, but I think it's fair enough to give more credit to finishing title fights than boring us all to death with a decision.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Mighty Mouse. 

DC

Nunes

Silva

GSP

Jones

Khabib

could you please do triple cringe? (aka Cejudo) 

@Bubba_Sparks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1