Jump to content
OmoGOAT

Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

isn't this a fake match?

Not even a match. It's an exhibition fight, described as "hard sparring" by the promoter.

There are 8 x 2 minute rounds, no judges, and they are "not expected to attempt to knock each other out".  

No winner will be declared, and there is no betting on the outcome.

Not sure I'd pay $50 to watch it tbh. Would rather gorge myself on YT clips of prime Iron Mike

  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Not even a match. It's an exhibition fight, described as "hard sparring" by the promoter.

There are 8 x 2 minute rounds, no judges, and they are "not expected to attempt to knock each other out".  

No winner will be declared, and there is no betting on the outcome.

Not sure I'd pay $50 to watch it tbh. Would rather gorge myself on YT clips of prime Iron Mike

good grief....this is terrible...let these old foglets freaking fight

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Not even a match. It's an exhibition fight, described as "hard sparring" by the promoter.

There are 8 x 2 minute rounds, no judges, and they are "not expected to attempt to knock each other out".  

No winner will be declared, and there is no betting on the outcome.

Not sure I'd pay $50 to watch it tbh. Would rather gorge myself on YT clips of prime Iron Mike

Don't be a daft coont m8.

Iron Mike didnt get back into boxing at 50+ and train his azz off for the last few months just to go in there and "spar."

I don't care what the promoters say, when the bell rings its gonna be a real fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

Don't be a daft coont m8.

Iron Mike didnt get back into boxing at 50+ and train his azz off for the last few months just to go in there and "spar."

I don't care what the promoters say, when the bell rings its gonna be a real fight.

And nobody will be watching

 

Be worse PPV than Chuck vs Tito, the other year

 

Embarrassing 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

And nobody will be watching

 

Be worse PPV than Chuck vs Tito, the other year

 

Embarrassing 

Plenty of people are pumped for Iron Mikes return prickles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they're gonna "play nice" & spar once someone gets tagged. 

They're old though so you probably should expect an actual fight but i don't expect a touch sparring match either. 

 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren't they both pissed that they are fighting a women's fight at 2 minute rounds?

 

I see Mike taking a hit that he didn't think is sparring, and then will go rage out and turn it into a fight.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Weren't they both pissed that they are fighting a women's fight at 2 minute rounds?

 

I see Mike taking a hit that he didn't think is sparring, and then will go rage out and turn it into a fight.

Exactly. Even if it starts out light as soon as someone gets cracked good its gonna turn into a legit scrap.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

Exactly. Even if it starts out light as soon as someone gets cracked good its gonna turn into a legit scrap.

Luckily for you, blokes in their 40s and 50s lose their killer instinct (otherwise I'd have come over to America and kicked your **** years ago!!).

This will be a disappointing sparring match I'm afraid, no matter how good Tyson looks working the pads right now.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Luckily for you, blokes in their 40s and 50s lose their killer instinct (otherwise I'd have come over to America and kicked your **** years ago!!).

This will be a disappointing sparring match I'm afraid, no matter how good Tyson looks working the pads right now.

I guess you dont realize that Tyson isnt your typical human being. Now go be neutral in your country full of neutrality and gay blonde men. Hmm actually the fact that you moved there all makes sense now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

I guess you dont realize that Tyson isnt your typical human being. Now go be neutral in your country full of neutrality and gay blonde men. Hmm actually the fact that you moved there all makes sense now.

Lol, just because you've watched a couple of YT montages of Tyson and watched "The Hangover" doesn't mean you have some insider knowledge.  I stayed up until 3AM to watch prime Mike Tyson humble challenger after challenger back in the early 90s. He was an animal. What he did to poor Frank Bruno was one of the toughest watches in any fighting event for me.

But that was a lonnnnng time ago. He's all chilled out now.  Heck, even when he fought Lennox Lewis 18 years ago he was gun shy. He landed less than 50 punches the entire fight  Being hit in the head for a living and doing a lot of drugs takes it's toll on even the toughest.

Lol, have you already bought the ppv? No wonder you're so mad.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, just because you've watched a couple of YT montages of Tyson and watched "The Hangover" doesn't mean you have some insider knowledge.  I stayed up until 3AM to watch prime Mike Tyson humble challenger after challenger back in the early 90s. He was an animal. What he did to poor Frank Bruno was one of the toughest watches in any fighting event for me.

But that was a lonnnnng time ago. He's all chilled out now.  Heck, even when he fought Lennox Lewis 18 years ago he was gun shy. He landed less than 50 punches the entire fight  Being hit in the head for a living and doing a lot of drugs takes it's toll on even the toughest.

Lol, have you already bought the ppv? No wonder you're so mad.

I'm not mad m8. I'll be stramming that chit anyway. 50 bucks for one fight is laughable even if it is Tyson.

And yes I watched him murder some clowns as a young chap in the 90s with my dad.

Tysons off the marijuanas now and he had a noticeable demeanor change the last time he was on Rogan a month or so ago. He looks ready to murder and eat children again but I understand why a man surrounded by fair hair gaybos and neutrality cant pick up on that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

I'm not mad m8. I'll be stramming that chit anyway. 50 bucks for one fight is laughable even if it is Tyson.

And yes I watched him murder some clowns as a young chap in the 90s with my dad.

Tysons off the marijuanas now and he had a noticeable demeanor change the last time he was on Rogan a month or so ago. He looks ready to murder and eat children again but I understand why a man surrounded by fair hair gaybos and neutrality cant pick up on that.

If he's that ready to murder, it's odd that he's fighting in an exhibition match, and if you're that big of a fan you should support him by buying the PPV instead of stealing it. Or get 18 mates plus FinishHim round and then it's only two fiddy each.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

If he's that ready to murder, it's odd that he's fighting in an exhibition match, and if you're that big of a fan you should support him by buying the PPV instead of stealing it. Or get 18 mates plus FinishHim round and then it's only two fiddy each.

I'm not enough of a fan of anybody to pay 50 quid for 1 fight that may or may not deliver. Here you go being daft again.

It's his first fight back. Baby steps. If he's gotta do an exhibition as a warm up then so be it. You seem awfully caught up on the terms. Who cares what they call it.

When the punches start flying I dont think Tyson will be thinking "Oh Roys just tagged me but Bubba says its an exhibition so I better not swing back too hard."

You're walking on thin ice to be banned from this thread

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, just because you've watched a couple of YT montages of Tyson and watched "The Hangover" doesn't mean you have some insider knowledge.  I stayed up until 3AM to watch prime Mike Tyson humble challenger after challenger back in the early 90s. He was an animal. What he did to poor Frank Bruno was one of the toughest watches in any fighting event for me.

But that was a lonnnnng time ago. He's all chilled out now.  Heck, even when he fought Lennox Lewis 18 years ago he was gun shy. He landed less than 50 punches the entire fight  Being hit in the head for a living and doing a lot of drugs takes it's toll on even the toughest.

Lol, have you already bought the ppv? No wonder you're so mad.

I saw that fight.  They looked like they should've been in two different weight classes.  Lenox's reach advantage was massive -- too much for Mike to overcome.  Tyson was a small heavyweight and Lenox was huge, and skilled, with heavy hands -- and smart.

Anyway, that's how I recall it.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

I'm not enough of a fan of anybody to pay 50 quid for 1 fight that may or may not deliver. Here you go being daft again.

It's his first fight back. Baby steps. If he's gotta do an exhibition as a warm up then so be it. You seem awfully caught up on the terms. Who cares what they call it.

When the punches start flying I dont think Tyson will be thinking "Oh Roys just tagged me but Bubba says its an exhibition so I better not swing back too hard."

You're walking on thin ice to be banned from this thread

You should be banned from making threads after this horrible effort. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

You should be banned from making threads after this horrible effort. 

Threads fine. It's simply an event thread isnt it ? It's the wanna be blonde coonts in the thread that are ruining it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Rare case of tew GOATs

Let them fight ffs

I doubt a pro fight would be sanctioned tbh.  Prime Tyson outweighed prime Jones by >40lbs (20kg in socialist measurement).  And although Jones only fought a couple of years ago, Tyson has been out of action for 15 years. That's a heck of a layoff!

I'd love this to be a rolling back the clock epic; i just don't see it unfortunately :(

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Rules for the Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. exhibition have been clarified, and there'll be no testing for marijuana

https://www.insider.com/mike-tyson-and-roy-jones-jr-exhibition-rules-clarified-2020-11

 

i dont even know if i like this.   with no referees to pull them apart, theyre gonna get all stoned off the devils lettuce, and start eating each others babies and earlobes. 

Tyson via 3rd round submission.    he's gonna throw up the Tyson Triangle and make Roy tap.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -idyb- said:
 

Rules for the Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. exhibition have been clarified, and there'll be no testing for marijuana

https://www.insider.com/mike-tyson-and-roy-jones-jr-exhibition-rules-clarified-2020-11

 

i dont even know if i like this.   with no referees to pull them apart, theyre gonna get all stoned off the devils lettuce, and start eating each others babies and earlobes. 

Tyson via 3rd round submission.    he's gonna throw up the Tyson Triangle and make Roy tap.

It wasnt funny the first time you said it and spamming that dumb line doesnt make it any funnier you moron idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

It wasnt funny the first time you said it and spamming that dumb line doesnt make it any funnier you moron idiot

thank you for your opinion hоmoGOAT.  

i'm pretty sure that iron mike is gonna submit this geriatric can. not sure if i mentioned that, but we should probably get it on record. probably sometime in the 3rd round.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

Juice ban this idiot from my distinguished thread.

Bubbas ok for now but he's on thread probation so keep the hammer close.

I have thrown my support to your thread by matching your reaction to IDYB's drivel, confused emjoi for confused emoji.

Hope you enjoy the fight.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

Juice ban this idiot from my distinguished thread.

Bubbas ok for now but he's on thread probation so keep the hammer close.

 

come on bro, i shaved off my covid mullet yesterday.  ive changed my ways! turned over a new leaf.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I have thrown my support to your thread by matching your reaction to IDYB's drivel, confused emjoi for confused emoji.

Hope you enjoy the fight.

 

piss off troll

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Nate dude proving that being an athlete means nothing and NBA/NFL players wouldn't dominate if they went into combat sports instead. Legitimately the worst boxer I've ever seen

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

That Nate dude proving that being an athlete means nothing and NBA/NFL players wouldn't dominate if they went into combat sports instead. Legitimately the worst boxer I've ever seen

The youtuber just took a decade off that guys life...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...