VIEW YOUR PICKS HERE! (FAR LEFT TAB)

Lewis vs Daukaus
Saturday, December 18, 2021

CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR PICKS

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 1

RULES

• Objective: You pick every single fight of every single UFC card for 2021.
  • Winner: The member that has picked the most fights correctly by the end of the year is the winner. (New) Ties in the standings will be broken by the individual who has the most event wins.
  • No Contests/Draws: No contests and draws do not count as a win or a loss.
  • Post Event Result Changes: Fight results are considered locked at the end of the fight card, and will only be changed in the event of a mistake corrected that night (such as a miscalculated score card). If a fight is overturned by the commission at a later date, the original fight night result will stand.
  • Submitting PicksA link to a survey is provided for every event and will ALWAYS be in the OP. Simply click on it and select your name from the drop down box and enter your picks and hit submit. This will automatically put your picks into a spreadsheet with a time stamp. You are welcome to post your picks in the thread or private message them if you want to keep them hidden. However, YOU are still responsible for entering your picks into the spreadsheet via link-to-survey. Your scores will not be updated until you do so. If you post your picks in the thread and then enter different picks via link-to-survey, the latter will be used provided they were entered prior to the start of the fight card. 
  • Changes to Fight CardIf a fighter you selected gets a new opponent, you DO NOT have to reselect that fight. However if a fighter you selected pulls out and is replaced, you obviously DO have to reselect that fight. Fights that are picked will be based on the weigh-ins. (New) If there are changes to the fight card after or during the weigh-ins, those fights will only be in play if EVERY ACTIVE player in the league is able to submit picks for these last minute changes in time.
  • Picks Due: Picks are due before the start of the first fight/start of first card of the night. (Early Prelim Card on most PPV events OR Prelim Card on most non-PPV events usually).
  • Late Picks: (New) If you submit picks after the start time for the early preliminary card, then only your prelim card picks and main card picks will be accepted. If you submit picks after the start time for the preliminary card, then only your main card picks will be accepted. One exception to this rule - I try to watch most cards - if late picks come in and I can verify which fights are still left on a particular card, then I will allow them. I would also accept a mod making this verification if I'm not watching. It's recommended players don't rely on this courtesy.
  • Changing PicksYou are allowed to change your picks at any time up until the start of each fight card (main card, preliminary card, early preliminary card). Same policy as "Late Picks" will be used for accepting them. If you want to change some picks you made simply click the link-to-survey and re-select whichever fight you want to change. You do not have to re-pick the fights you don’t want to change. 
  • Deadline Discrepancy: In the event of a discrepancy between the listed deadline, and the actual start of the event, whichever is earlier will take precedence. 
  • Proof of Picks: If you miss a deadline, proof of picks being submitted via alternate means (such as the UFC Fantasy site, or betting sites) that can be reasonably guaranteed as having been submitted on time will be accepted.
  • Making Picks In Thread  Stating “just make my picks the same as <insert poster>" will not be accepted.
  • Rule DisputesAny rule disputes will be decided by Decompoze.
  • Failure to Comply: Failure to comply with the above rules may result in being ejected from this game, and others. Continuous non-compliance will compromise your right to win this game. Submitting picks under other players' names in an attempt to sabotage or obstruct the commish duties will also result in ejection.
  • Rule Updates: The rules may be updated for clarification at any time as needed.
Edited by Decompoze

rando has been a bust in the last two years so im trying to formulate a new gameplan.

i'm not very impressed by his randomizing performance, so i'm thinking of replacing the list randomizer with another rando

decompoze is there a way you can add a randomize button for the website where i submit my picks?

ahh screw it  maybe ill just go with the opposite of whoever wickles picks.   i cant go wrong there

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

rando has been a bust in the last two years so im trying to formulate a new gameplan.

i'm not very impressed by his randomizing performance, so i'm thinking of replacing the list randomizer with another rando

decompoze is there a way you can add a randomize button for the website where i submit my picks?

ahh screw it  maybe ill just go with the opposite of whoever wickles picks.   i cant go wrong there

I just looked and there doesn't seem to be a randomize function. You could flip a coin and heads select every fighter listed first, and tails pick all the ones listed second.

Edited by Decompoze

1 minute ago, Decompoze said:

I just looked and there doesn't seem to be a randomize function. You could flip a coin and heads select every fighter listed first, and tails pick all the ones listed second.

tried that 2 years ago.  ended up with like a 49.9% average lol

not doing that again. i'll figure something else out. but im not gonna be able to overthrow decompoze and his corruption with my god damn list randomizer.

2 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

@-idyb- just confirmed it with 13 players and counting, that's good enough. OG league in effect, every card, every fight.

you fix my standings in last years thread or i'll reverse my decision and pull out and there will be no tournament!

Edited by -idyb-

2 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

tried that 2 years ago.  ended up with like a 49.9% average lol

not doing that again. i'll figure something else out. but im not gonna be able to overthrow decompoze and his corruption with my god damn list randomizer.

Whatever you choose, it will be you clicking which fighters are picked. I will be doing no extra work for any sort of rando system. Trying to remember which person you selected last year turned out to be an additional 20 seconds almost every time.

6 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

Whatever you choose, it will be you clicking which fighters are picked. I will be doing no extra work for any sort of rando system. Trying to remember which person you selected last year turned out to be an additional 20 seconds almost every time.

i wanted to find a way to make it harder for you and take me less than 20 seconds this time for me.    if youre gonna rig this tournament and win, i damn well aint gonna make it easy for you

Edited by -idyb-

i wanted to find a way to make it harder for you and take me less than 20 seconds this time for me.    if youre gonna rig this tournament and win, i damn well aint gonna make it easy for you

lol no dice. 

I'm just trying to help you get over your Dan Hooker trauma league loss m8. It's time for idyb to dip his toes back in the prediction pool. No gimmicks.

I'll correct Rando's 2020 score too.

Edited by Decompoze
  • Sad 1

god dammit to tell ya the truth im getting burned out after watching all these watered down cards every weekend for years.  its harder for me to get invested into them.  even alot of the ppvs are crap.   especially with all the fights getting called off at the last week because of weight cutting cans, usada, and covid. not to mention all the womens mma fights, which have literally put my drunk аss to sleep on several occasions last year

its harder for me to invest interest into these cards than it used to be, but i'll try.  i used to watch every damn card every weekend no matter how much it sucked.  even the prelims.   but by the end of last year i had to force myself through them and i just didnt bother watching a couple of those can cards.    its like im burning out from this chit now that the roster is like 10 times bigger and has way more cans and female fighters.   its like a chore to keep up with who's who, let alone try to remember their last fights and make predictions.

i'm still thinking i'd be pretty safe going with the opposite of whoever wickles chooses lol

Edited by -idyb-

god dammit to tell ya the truth im getting burned out after watching all these watered down cards every weekend for years.  its harder for me to get invested into them.  even alot of the ppvs are crap.   especially with all the fights getting called off at the last week because of weight cutting cans, usada, and covid. not to mention all the womens mma fights, which have literally put my drunk аss to sleep on several occasions last year

its harder for me to invest interest into these cards than it used to be, but i'll try.  i used to watch every damn card every weekend no matter how much it sucked.  even the prelims.   but by the end of last year i had to force myself through them and i just didnt bother watching a couple of those can cards.    its like im burning out from this chit now that the roster is like 10 times bigger and has way more cans and female fighters.   its like a chore to keep up with who's who, let alone try to remember their last fights and make predictions.

i'm still thinking i'd be pretty safe going with the opposite of whoever wickles chooses lol

Yeah, I wouldn't be invested in them as much either if it wasn't for gambling.

You'd think going opposite of wickles would work but he went 46.3% last year, so the opposite would be 53.7% which isn't terribly exciting. Pretty sure, previous rando's had that beat.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

I'll make a new thread once the game starts with the rules and such.

You'll need new rules, it appears Rando has a malware problem...and does wtf he wants, fuggin Canadian bots.

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kattar vs Holloway
Saturday, January 16th, 2021

CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR PICKS

Main Card (3:00 p.m. ET)  

Preliminary Card  (12:00 p.m. ET)  

Picks Needed

@BART-O-LINI
@bigdw35/Ufcfan_1
@Bwana
@Conceive-Believe-Achieve
@Dark_Horse
Decompoze
@Fred_Flink_Stoned
@graham_240
@gadgets19
@-idyb-
@Jolldan
@OzPride
@skillandpower
@thestorm-1
@VertFTW

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Decompoze said:

Ill set the thread up proper later on. Only significant change Im going to implement is using event wins to break ties in the standings. Assuming, everyone submits picks for this card and we actually have a league.

Can we also add a new rule, that computer bots can't make bullchiit demands of the Administrator ?...asking for a friend that actually watches the fights.

DSCN1560.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bwana said:

Can we also add a new rule, that computer bots can't make bullchiit demands of the Administrator ?...asking for a friend that actually watches the fights.

DSCN1560.jpg

youre just rustled tjhat you and you cat get bodied by a robot last year that doesnt have any knowledge of mma

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

but dont worry bro i fired the robot. rando was a bust these last few years.

so im thinking of just copying decompoze's picks, pick for pick  all week every week.   and then when im 100% confident that he's picked the wrong horse, ill change one pick to the other fighter, and just continue on copying decompoze's picks for the rest of the year and finish with one pick ahead of him   

idyb is about to put a stop to decompoze's blatant corruption.   you better studdy your womens mma tapes hard broseph, cause i'm taking you down this year.    you can start by studying your tapes of jocelyn edwards and wu yunan.    this fight right here is going to make or break your tournament.

Edited by -idyb-