BarbaricBob

Aljimain Sterling to undergo neck surgery, targets October return

I can't remember the last time I actually hated a fighter like this.

Seriously, **** Aljimain Sterling. 

I sincerely hope when he fights Yan again, Yan makes what Moraes did to Sterling look tame. 

• Like 3

"The procedure, which is scheduled for April 15, is to repair an issue he’s been dealing with for nearly 10 years."

- How convenient he takes care of this right after a DQ win to get the belt. What a ****.

“For the dummies saying he’s out for 9 months and the losers who says he’s faking ****. See you in October Peanut Butter Pan,” Sterling tweeted. “Sincerely your champ, suck it and life goes on.”

- Oh wait, he doesn't care and is milking it for every drop he can.

Edited by GoToGuy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, agtx said:

he’s doing a duckping manouvre, he will sit out as long as he can!

Good to see you're still rustled by the Count several years after he retired. 

32 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

He's right though 🙂

I called this commenting in an some article I read and I wish I had called it here too.

Mark my words on this: this clown is super butt hurt with the treatment the fans and media are giving him so now he will try to hold this division for as long as he can until Dana strips him and then he will go on social media to play some “poor me” game and maybe even pull the racism card.

He will NOT ever fight Yan you heard here first, in fact, I even think he will never defend that belt on purpose and thats gonna be his way out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, agtx said:

he’s doing a duckping manouvre, he will sit out as long as he can!

Probably on purpose to get fans even more pissed at him

At least Duckping actually beat the champ before running away & hiding with the belt. Sterling is shameless. Its the ufcs fault though, should have been a no contest & title sitting vacant until a rematch takes place. This doesn’t make the ufc look good, im suspicious why Dana isn’t angry, how could a self proclaimed “fight fan” be ok with it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OzPride said:

He's right though 🙂

8 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

• Thanks 1

This whole Aljo debacle has given me newfound respect for Flighty Mouse of all people. DJ stated that he believed knees to the head of a grounded opponent should be legal, then ironically (or perhaps just coincidentally), got melted by that very same move in his next fight. Rather than backtrack his words, he chalked it up to "that's the way this business is" and still maintained his support for the legality of the technique. I respect that. Furthermore, he was up with his wits about him relatively quickly after getting KTFO... contrast that with Aljo's theatrics after being hit with a lesser iteration of the same move.

It was a foul, I get that. I honestly believe that Yan thought it was going to be a legal strike when he threw it, and one could even make the argument that it was (albeit just barely) if you watch the replay. However, the ref's ruling that it was an illegal blow was perfectly understandable in the moment. I just don't buy the intent part. The fact that Aljo milked the foul like he was a soccer player makes him a chump and a disgrace, but I can't blame the DQ call on that. It was the ref's mistake that the illegal knee was intended to be an illegal shot.

However, Aljo's behavior after-the-fact simply cements what we all assumed that night. He's a fake, a fraud, and not a legitimate champion. He took the easy way out of a fight he was losing and is now - as others have so eloquently stated already - desperately trying to extend his time with a title he didn't earn and doesn't deserve.

• Like 3