Sign in to follow this  
BarbaricBob

Nunes defends BW title against Pena at UFC 265

I don't have a problem with this to be honest. At this point it's less of a "why does this person get a title shot" and more of a "eh, why not?".

Pena's record is 2-2 in her last 4 with a long stretch of inactivity, but she does have some good wins. She's scrappy, durable, and most importantly - talks enough trash (however cringe worthy it may be) to make herself seem like more of a legitimate contender than she really is.

She was actually doing pretty well in the Shevchenko fight before Valentina snatched up that beautiful armbar (I actually think she won the first round) and it's not like she got killed by De Random before falling to the guillotine in the 3rd. That said, if she got subbed by De Random, Amanda could probably stretch her pretty easily.

I think Pena will survive the first round against Nunes before her eventual drubbing in the second.

12 hours ago, ijosef said:

I don't have a problem with this to be honest. At this point it's less of a "why does this person get a title shot" and more of a "eh, why not?".

Pena's record is 2-2 in her last 4 with a long stretch of inactivity, but she does have some good wins. She's scrappy, durable, and most importantly - talks enough trash (however cringe worthy it may be) to make herself seem like more of a legitimate contender than she really is.

She was actually doing pretty well in the Shevchenko fight before Valentina snatched up that beautiful armbar (I actually think she won the first round) and it's not like she got killed by De Random before falling to the guillotine in the 3rd. That said, if she got subbed by De Random, Amanda could probably stretch her pretty easily.

I think Pena will survive the first round against Nunes before her eventual drubbing in the second.

TL;DR

Strong gimmick though.