PlatinumClegg

RIP Weidman and Masvidal

As for Weidman yeah I think that is it.

He will, technically, take the same amount of time that Andy took to comeback and he will probably not be able to perform well.

He was already getting smashed before this accident so there is no need to even wonder how bad he will be once he comes back.

Weidman’s story in the UFC is truly interesting: he went from the guy that dethroned Anderson to a guy who started getting smashed in every fight and then breaks his leg just like the guy he dethroned.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I wonder if Masdival would consider and be able having another run at 155

I don't think he can make the weight.  In his late 20's really struggled with the last 4 pounds.  He moved up when they banned IV's.  He's one of those that a 160 or 165 division existed but it doesn't and unlike Kevin Lee he's never cried about the fact that the weight class doesn't exist.  Literally for the last 4 years Kevin Lee has been begging for that division because he's too small for welterweight and can't make lightweight without dying.

Father time is undefeated though.  Jorge turned pro at age 18 and he will be 37 this year.  That was his 50th pro fight where Weidman was in his 21st.  The ONLY reason Masvidal isn't finished is because Nate Diaz is still fighting.  Nick Diaz is getting into good shape and MAYBE Conor McGregor might actually speak his name if he can avoid getting starched by Dustin again.  He can't beat Usman, Covington or Thompson and good luck making 155 at his age and being able to recover with a retarded IV ban.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I wonder if Masdival would consider and be able having another run at 155

Oh yeah Dustin is also the top contender in that weight class.  Friends and training partners.

Jorge getting sparked by Marty is karma for coaching that dipchit Jake Paul for the Ben Askren boxing match.

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 2

Masvidal almost certainly will have to do the bmf rematch now. Its the kiddy ball pit of ufc fights for mongs. Weedmons dad will probably try to euthanise his boy in the hospital.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Weidman’s story in the UFC is truly interesting: he went from the guy that dethroned Anderson to a guy who started getting smashed in every fight and then breaks his leg just like the guy he dethroned.

USADA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agtx said:

Masvidal almost certainly will have to do the bmf rematch now. Its the kiddy ball pit of ufc fights for mongs. Weedmons dad will probably try to euthanise his boy in the hospital.

When Leon Scott beats Nate Diaz that fight only sells at best.  I mean yeah they can run it back and Jorge will beat the **** out of Nate once again but no hardcore fan will care.  His career as a top guy is over once he got straight slept by Marty.  That knockout was brutal and yeah Marty is a steroid and EPO cheat but that right hand was clean and on the money.

Colby will beat this cheater though.

• Like 2

Weidman is the most delusional fighter in the ufc. I said this in another thread, but he'll spin this leg break into a reason on why he should be next in line for a title shot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, skillandpower said:

He was already getting smashed before this accident so there is no need to even wonder how bad he will be once he comes back.

I don't consider it an accident, it was a checked kick, in my eyes Hall won that fight, you check a kick and that finishes a fight, its a finish, an accident would be if he was to fall and break it

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

I don't consider it an accident, it was a checked kick, in my eyes Hall won that fight, you check a kick and that finishes a fight, its a finish, an accident would be if he was to fall and break it

Same thing I said when Weidman did it to Andy. All of Andy's stans were making excuses on here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stehilton94 said:

karma is a bish lol

• Like 2

Warning: The following images contain erotic content. viewer discretion is advised.

EnchantedMediumAnnelida-size_restricted.

ClearcutImpracticalClingfish-size_restri

LazySoggyDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

and heres a fapworthy pic that you didnt get to see on tv.   some of weidmans bone sticking right out of his leg.  kinda makes me wanna put my pecker in there and turn that leg hole into eggroll.

chris-weidman-ufc-261-getty-1.jpg

somebody needs to bring WTG back to the fora.  he was having a field day when the chris snapped andersons leg

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Probably a blessing in disguise anyway, he already won a title & he gets beat up all the t8me now, just walk away. He can get a desk at Iaquintas real estate office.

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

He just twisted his ankle. 

solid diagnosis there doc

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

Warning: The following images contain erotic content. viewer discretion is advised.

EnchantedMediumAnnelida-size_restricted.

ClearcutImpracticalClingfish-size_restri

LazySoggyDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

and heres a fapworthy pic that you didnt get to see on tv.   some of weidmans bone sticking right out of his leg.  kinda makes me wanna put my pecker in there and turn that leg hole into eggroll.

chris-weidman-ufc-261-getty-1.jpg

somebody needs to bring WTG back to the fora.  he was having a field day when the chris snapped andersons leg

Goddamn that was worse than I remember.  I rhink ir's the slow mo.  I'm not even a fan and it hurt to watch.  Then Jorge gets starched by a foot stomping crotch sniffer.  It was a rough night.

7 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Weidman is the most delusional fighter in the ufc. I said this in another thread, but he'll spin this leg break into a reason on why he should be next in line for a title shot.

Funny but true actually 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stehilton94 said:

Im sure you know what I meant by “accident” mate. 

You are better than this and one of my favs forum members, please disappoint m8

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

178936573_302192611312103_50222770844450

This is true. Remember when Rogan said he wouldn't interview fighters after being knocked out? Back 2 back last night. Weili Zhang and Masvidal 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

This is true. Remember when Rogan said he wouldn't interview fighters after being knocked out? Back 2 back last night. Weili Zhang and Masvidal 

he should have interviewed weidman right before they stretchered him out of there. i wanted to hear what his opinion was on that referees early stoppage.

Edited by -idyb-

i think dana is being dana again.    im pretty sure theres been some fights where one guy submitted another guy without  throwing a strike

6:25:

Anthony Smith: "Chris just cant catch a break"

maybe not the best choice of words

13 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

The dude does dmt & constantly smokes weed, I wouldn't trust him to remember anything he's said in the past

• Like 1

I don't think Masvidal will be losing too much sleep over this.  Dude seems to be fairly switched on, and the fact he got a title shot is remarkable in itself.

45 fights into his career, he was getting $60k for getting backpacked by Maia and jabbed to death by Wonderboy.  Then the UFC brought him in to "put over" Till, he flipped the script, went 2-0 against Brits that night, followed it up by kneeing Askren into oblivion, and suddenly the guy is getting paid half a million to fight for an imaginary belt.  He's hanging out with the Rock, gets back to back title fights and walks away with another million.

Pretty sure he's made more in his last 3 fights than his first 47.  Fair play to him.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I don't think Masvidal will be losing too much sleep over this.  Dude seems to be fairly switched on, and the fact he got a title shot is remarkable in itself.

45 fights into his career, he was getting $60k for getting backpacked by Maia and jabbed to death by Wonderboy.  Then the UFC brought him in to "put over" Till, he flipped the script, went 2-0 against Brits that night, followed it up by kneeing Askren into oblivion, and suddenly the guy is getting paid half a million to fight for an imaginary belt.  He's hanging out with the Rock, gets back to back title fights and walks away with another million.

Pretty sure he's made more in his last 3 fights than his first 47.  Fair play to him.  

All of this is true, but if the UFC wasn't so determined to force superstars on you, he doesn't get the first title shot, much less the second.

I really dislike how they've gone Full WWE lately and aren't naturally building stars up. They're giving people fights they don't deserve, favorable matchups, rematches for champions against guys everybody knows they can beat (while not giving title shots to those that have already earned it). It's not what MMA was meant to be. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

All of this is true, but if the UFC wasn't so determined to force superstars on you, he doesn't get the first title shot, much less the second.

I really dislike how they've gone Full WWE lately and aren't naturally building stars up. They're giving people fights they don't deserve, favorable matchups, rematches for champions against guys everybody knows they can beat (while not giving title shots to those that have already earned it). It's not what MMA was meant to be. 

Completely agree.  I mean...it hasn't been a meritocracy for a while, but it seems like every year they move further and further away from it.  Jorge's first shot was debatable; his second was farcical.

Usman rematching Colby isn't a terrible match, but would you really be surprised if he ends up defending against the winner of Edwards/Diaz?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Completely agree.  I mean...it hasn't been a meritocracy for a while, but it seems like every year they move further and further away from it.  Jorge's first shot was debatable; his second was farcical.

Usman rematching Colby isn't a terrible match, but would you really be surprised if he ends up defending against the winner of Edwards/Diaz?

No... the dude has never even spoke Wonderman's name.  Marty says he beat everyone is just doing laps around them now.  Never fought Wonderman and doesn't seem interested in that style match up.  I'm a Jorge fan but he didn't choose him because he was the toughest challenge and he didn't like the stomping on his feet win.  He chose him because Masvidal will sell more PPV's and is an easier fight than Colby and Steve.  I think Jorge could beat Leon Scott who has a rubbish winning streak.  He decisioned Cerrone over 5 rounds.  Jorge knocked a younger Donald out twice in one fight.

Jorge can't beat Marty or Steve.  I wouldn't bet on him against Covington but he got dropped and stopped against Usman before Trevor Whitman was training him.  He actually sits down on his punches now.  I doubt anyone will agree with me but I think Jorge could hurt Colby early and put him away.  Marty under Trevor Whitman had my attention before this brutal KO win.  Getting matched up with his training partner and changing camps was the best thing for him.

However that mother****er is on steroids. - Diaz brothers

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Only if Nate wins. If Edwards wins, they'll make him fight Wonderbread while Usman rematches another guy that's been hanging out since he got beat up the last time.

30 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

No... the dude has never even spoke Wonderman's name.  Marty says he beat everyone is just doing laps around them now.  Never fought Wonderman and doesn't seem interested in that style match up.  I'm a Jorge fan but he didn't choose him because he was the toughest challenge and he didn't like the stomping on his feet win.  He chose him because Masvidal will sell more PPV's and is an easier fight than Colby and Steve.  I think Jorge could beat Leon Scott who has a rubbish winning streak.  He decisioned Cerrone over 5 rounds.  Jorge knocked a younger Donald out twice in one fight.

Jorge can't beat Marty or Steve.  I wouldn't bet on him against Covington but he got dropped and stopped against Usman before Trevor Whitman was training him.  He actually sits down on his punches now.  I doubt anyone will agree with me but I think Jorge could hurt Colby early and put him away.  Marty under Trevor Whitman had my attention before this brutal KO win.  Getting matched up with his training partner and changing camps was the best thing for him.

However that mother****er is on steroids. - Diaz brothers

He is 110% ducking Wonderboy. It couldn't be any more obvious. I cringed so hard at those "lapping people" comments Usman made. He needs to give that chit a break.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Bingo. UFC is a joke. 

Seeing his leg like that was worse than Silva's primarily because you could see what looked like a crease in the flesh right after the leg kick landed and his tibia & fibula snapped. I didn't realize it was actual an open/compound fracture until -idyb- posted those pics. Yikes.

A friend of mine had this same injury roughly a year after Silva snapped his leg. He was playing hockey with his kids (he's too old for that, I'm sure he realizes now) and went feet first into the boards. Same fracture - tibia and fibula snapped, got the intramedullary rod in the tibia and his fibula was basically left to heal on its own. His X-rays looked just like the ones Weidman posted.

Anyone who has suffered a similar injury can tell you that the real pain and difficulties in recovery come from the soft tissue damage rather than the bone. The bones heal, but the damage your various structures (nerves, muscles, etc) take when your leg is flapping around and everything is exposed to the jagged ends of broken bone is larger problem. My friend still walks with a very (almost imperceptible) small limp and he says he leg hurts like a mothereffer when it gets cold.

Here's what Weidman posted on twitter...

Ez-rCixXoAMKpbs?format=jpg&name=largeEz-rCizXIAU_nsP?format=jpg&name=large

Ez-rCisXoAMWNhE?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

The pics look fine to me. 

It really is a serious injury. You can lose your leg if you get an infection. He's in for a rough year. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 3:01 PM, ijosef said:

Ez-rCixXoAMKpbs?format=jpg&name=large

now im not a doctor, but it appears to me that he broke his leg.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

i guess weidman probably wont be making that june return.  good god. the bones looks like they have snapped right off.

here in canada we just duct tape it back together for free, and send them back on the ice.

Edited by -idyb-

On 4/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, cashfl0w said:

Only if Nate wins. If Edwards wins, they'll make him fight Wonderbread while Usman rematches another guy that's been hanging out since he got beat up the last time.

He is 110% ducking Wonderboy. It couldn't be any more obvious. I cringed so hard at those "lapping people" comments Usman made. He needs to give that chit a break.

I think even a 40 year old Wonderman styles on him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I think even a 40 year old Wonderman styles on him.

Usman will be diving at feet the minute the bell rings.

ive seen alot of shіt on the internet before, but that x-ray of weidmans snapped leg kinda makes me squirm just a litle bit. 

Edited by -idyb-