Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Most dominant UFC WMMA champ of all time, in association with IJosef and Denison

Most dominant UFC female fighter of all time  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• JJ
    • Ronda
    • Nunes
    • Shevchenko
    • Other - please specify

There's a pleasing symmetry in WMMA at the moment.  After Saturday night, Shevchenko has 5 title defences at WSW.  Nunes also has 5 defences at WBW.  JJ had 5 defences at WFlW, and if you stretch things a bit (by saying that Ronda v Carmouche should really have been for the vacant WBW strap), then Ronda also had 5 defences (although officially, she has 6).

Apart from those four, only Cyborg has had more than one defence of a wimmen's belt.

So that got me thinking.  Who has been the most dominant UFC women's champion, and why?  You could make an argument for all of them. Ronda finished all of her defences...but was mainly crushing cans and got smashed when she fought Holm/Nunes.  JJ probably has the weakest case, although she was fighting decent competition in all her defences.  Bullet just looks so well rounded, and has been largely untroubled in all her fights, and of course Nunes owns wins against both Ronda and Shevchenko (although one of those was a highly dubious SD).

Please use the below poll. Thank you kindly.

NamaGOATs has beaten JJ, communism, ptsd caused by breaking windows and so on. Definitely up there.

Also she was winning the andrade fight until she lost, so according to the fora she would be undefeated in title fights.

Edited by amunera
NOcake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

GSP.  

he's like the alpha male version of amanda nunes. they both won belts in multiple divisions, cleaned out multiple divisions, became the GOATs of their gender, they both werent born in america, they are intellergent enough to be able to speak more than one language, and they both have sex with women.   the only real significant difference between the two is that GSP has defeated every single opponent that he's ever faced.

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

GSP.  

he's like the alpha male version of amanda nunes. they both won belts in multiple divisions, cleaned out multiple divisions, became the GOATs of their gender, they both werent born in america, they are intellergent enough to be able to speak more than one language, and they both have sex with women.   the only real significant difference between the two is that GSP has defeated every single opponent that he's ever faced.

Can you stop gaying every thread up with GSP nonsense please?

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Tough call but I'd have to say Shevchenko. She's continuously improving and I actually like her chances in a hypothetical trilogy fight with Amanda.

The commentary team on Saturday kept saying how "huge" Valentina is for 125, but she really isn't. She may look that way compared to a midget like Andrade, but she's very much an average sized 125er and was a tiny 135er. She was at a considerably size disadvantage to Amanda (who is a big 135er) and looked small against Holly Holm as well. I think the size and accompanying reach disadvantage is one of the reasons she lost the second fight with Amanda (although many would argue she should've gotten the nod).

Amanda is a two division champion for sure, but it's difficult to lend credibility to the 145 title outside of Cyborg. I gotta admit that seeing her flatten Cyborg was impressive, though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Can you stop gaying every thread up with GSP nonsense please?

no. but you can feel free to make your own forum dedicated to goat st pierre, the  pound for pound greatest fighter of all time, and if its worthy of my time i will post over there instead.

• Haha 1

Rousey was the most dominant through 5 fights but what happened after excludes her from the conversation for me. 

Between Shevchenko and Nunes I think it has to be Nunes. She has a higher finish rate in championship fights and has beat tougher competition. 

Out of 5 fights, 3 of Shev's opponents have .500 or lower records in the UFC. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ijosef said:

Tough call but I'd have to say Shevchenko. She's continuously improving and I actually like her chances in a hypothetical trilogy fight with Amanda.

The commentary team on Saturday kept saying how "huge" Valentina is for 125, but she really isn't. She may look that way compared to a midget like Andrade, but she's very much an average sized 125er and was a tiny 135er. She was at a considerably size disadvantage to Amanda (who is a big 135er) and looked small against Holly Holm as well. I think the size and accompanying reach disadvantage is one of the reasons she lost the second fight with Amanda (although many would argue she should've gotten the nod).

Amanda is a two division champion for sure, but it's difficult to lend credibility to the 145 title outside of Cyborg. I gotta admit that seeing her flatten Cyborg was impressive, though.

Yeah, Valentina was small for 135, not big for 125.  Andrade's fought in all 3 divisions, so hard to really judge what her natural wc is.  Shevchenko should also have got a title shot much much earlier if it wasn't for Nicco's nonsense.

26 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

no. but you can feel free to make your own forum dedicated to goat st pierre, the  pound for pound greatest fighter of all time, and if its worthy of my time i will post over there instead.

Done. Please follow the below link with instructions how to join.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Rousey was the most dominant through 5 fights but what happened after excludes her from the conversation for me. 

Between Shevchenko and Nunes I think it has to be Nunes. She has a higher finish rate in championship fights and has beat tougher competition. 

Out of 5 fights, 3 of Shev's opponents have .500 or lower records in the UFC. 

This is a good argument.  Nunes' defences are mostly legit (would argue Pennington is a bit meh, but certainly none below .500).  

Recency bias is probably going to swing the poll for Valentina though i think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

being a lol wmma champion is like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome

• Haha 1

Nunes being disliked for being a "Dad" has skewed the poll with inequality for #genderblenders, I'm scam exiting this Wickle's level poll to prevent a crowd of rainbow flag carrying dyykes from invading my property.

Edited by Bwana
  • Haha 2

Meant to pick Nunes, took Rousey. Restart poll so I can choose correctly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also lol at JJ having zero votes. People used to be on here saying she would retire with 0 losses. Now she's losing a poll to Ronda

• Like 1

Honestly, I voted Nunes, but the truth is, I can't decide between Nunes or Shevchenko. 

The only reason I voted Nunes is that she (other than De Randemie) has completely beaten down opponents and finished most of them.

Whereas Shevchenko has pulled the Anderson Silva maneuver a few times where she just goes "I'm way better than this woman, I don't need to fight seriously"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Also lol at JJ having zero votes. People used to be on here saying she would retire with 0 losses. Now she's losing a poll to Ronda

I used to think no one would touch her for a while either -- which I absolutely hated because she is completely insufferable. 

Now, just like Ronda who you mentioned ironically, she's a complete and utter sore loser.