-idyb-

Absolutely the most incredible thing you will ever read! Georges St-Pierre immortalized in his hometown. He now has his own statue, and an area of the city dedicated to him!

13b241d6dd1437948b0aa0860d0e64fe.jpeg

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/sports-de-combat/2021-06-09/georges-st-pierre-immortalise-dans-son-patelin.php

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/sports-de-combat/2021-06-09/georges-st-pierre-immortalise-dans-son-patelin.php

(english translation)

Saint-Isidore has 2,800 inhabitants. Nineteen wind turbines. And now a bronze statue of the most famous mixed martial arts combatant.   It is located in the center of Place GSP, octagonal in shape, near the town hall of the small municipality of Montérégie.

what a true GOAT

• Like 1

But that suit, black lapels ?, vest and everything....but no tie, damn.

Looks like he just left a hookers wedding.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

But that suit, black lapels ?, vest and everything....but no tie, damn.

Looks like he just left a hookers wedding.

well if theres one thing ive learned  from Cole, its that you always take your shirt off before you get into a street fight.

having a tie would make it harder for GSP to remove his shirt and throw fisticuffs in the center of Place GSP.      plus when he shoots for the double, his victim could just lay in his guard and pull at the tie, potentially leading to some kind of a sweep, or a choke.

ever since GSP vs Serra 1, GSP chooses to fight smart.  which is why i'm sure he's aware of all of that and chosen not to wear a tie for that very reason

plus its rather rude and very un-canadian to kick somebodies аss while wearing a suit and tie

talk about class

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

im not the kind of person to care about a statue getting defaced or toppled,   but if anybody goes near the Statue Of Georges with ill intentions, there's gonna be hell to pay.

this is truly a monumental day. idyb is ecstatic

gsp got his own statue and area of the city dedicated to his greatness.  this ones going down in the history books.   june 9th should become a national holiday, where the entire country celebrates GSP and his contributions and accomplishment to the great sport of ufc

this may very well have been the most honorable thing that the great country of canada has ever done. and thats saying alot.  i've never felt so proud to be a canadian. my red, white, and blue is gonna be in full display tonight as i take the party to the streets, late into the morning.

gsp bless!

Edited by -idyb-

yo @Bwana ive finally found a purpose for Butch, and it doesnt involve predicting fights this time

we're gonna hire your cat to keep watch of the Statue of Georges.  gotta make sure no birds try to crap on it.

and i'm gonna hire some Chinese Chefs to keep watch of Butch. if your cat gets the wrong idea and tries to shіt on the statue while giving shout-out's to matt serra, it will be the last thing the cat ever shіts on.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

They really captured his greased up look

they should have attached the welterweight and middleweight titles that he still hasnt lost

or they should have erected 2 statues of him, to represent the 2 weight divisions that he cleaned out during his stint in the ufc.

7 minutes ago, agtx said:

Gsp is coming out of retirement to fight Uncle Ben!?

first obama. now uncle ben? i gotta say, the Statue Of Georges really doesnt really look too much like GSP

if GSP is coming out of retirement to kick anyones аss that isnt named khabib, it better be the guy who sculpted his statue

i am not impressed by his sculpting performance

Edited by -idyb-

12 hours ago, -idyb- said:

im not the kind of person to care about a statue getting defaced or toppled,   but if anybody goes near the Statue Of Georges with ill intentions, there's gonna be hell to pay.

I'll cut that foglets head off m8

4 hours ago, OzPride said:

I'll cut that foglets head off m8

youre just mad that the city of albuquerque never erectioned a statue of jon jones.   and if they were to dedicate a public space to him, it would either be a section of the drunk tank, or a jail cell.

Sure this wasn’t a prank like the David Beckham statue prank? David’s statue probably looks more like him than gsps though.

zpXh6xyLD0cljvIH6Tc04fG2MFvuQ_gTyu4mNwPz

25 minutes ago, agtx said:

Sure this wasn’t a prank like the David Beckham statue prank? David’s statue probably looks more like him than gsps though.

zpXh6xyLD0cljvIH6Tc04fG2MFvuQ_gTyu4mNwPz

no, this seriously legit,  and the sculptor of the Statue of Saint Georges needs to seriously legit get his аss kicked

there is no O in GSP or Georges St Pierre, so i'm not sure why the hell he decided to sculpt Obama! i don't see the resemblance at all between the two,  but i damn sure do on the statues

Edited by -idyb-

the david beckham one was bad too but at least that was a legitimate troll job before they put up the real one.        i dont think that this is the same case with GSP.   perhaps somebody must have trolled the sculptor by giving him a picture of Obama!

somebody is going to answer to this. their day of reckoning is upon them

Edited by -idyb-

Its also a bad pose, theres a lot of decent shots of him, why not one like this, without Anderson obviously. Gsp is too Canadian to get upset that his statue that stands in his home town looks bad. Superman punch the sculptor in the groin Gsp.

10373747_659549270760748_551131123746704

6 hours ago, agtx said:

Its also a bad pose, theres a lot of decent shots of him, why not one like this, without Anderson obviously. Gsp is too Canadian to get upset that his statue that stands in his home town looks bad. Superman punch the sculptor in the groin Gsp.

10373747_659549270760748_551131123746704

Great pic of the GOAT but we need to move that french fggt out of the way

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, skillandpower said:

George Saint Obama ?

OSP

no not ovince st preux.     obama st. pierre

• Haha 1