Sign in to follow this  
Identity2

Tew hot

This my yearly rant about how fooking hot it is.

Like 30 degrees yesterday. UK homes should have ac as standard from here on out.

This is the real issue this country faces 

• Like 1

Frankly this perennial thread of the year contender should be stickied.

Stay safe @Identity2.  For additional sympathy (or possibly derision), i reccommend translating into Fahrenheit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Frankly this perennial thread of the year contender should be stickied.

Stay safe @Identity2.  For additional sympathy (or possibly derision), i reccommend translating into Fahrenheit.

Most likely the bold.

We have a solid three months of the weather in OP here, and I live in the north. lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

Most likely the bold.

We have a solid three months of the weather in OP here, and I live in the north. lol

Yeah, although i can confirm that 90 degrees in humid England feels a lot warmer than 100 degrees in dry heat. @fobar used to have running battles with @StompGrind about dew points and humidity indexes I seem to recall.

13 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

UK is a chithole

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, although i can confirm that 90 degrees in humid England feels a lot warmer than 100 degrees in dry heat. @fobar used to have running battles with @StompGrind about dew points and humidity indexes I seem to recall.

giphy.gif

dont even have AC.....might as well be living with Vert

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Most likely the bold.

We stay between 90 and 105 (32 to 40 C) almost all summer. The good thing about the area I live in is that no matter how hot it gets, it will cool down to 55 to 60 (12 to 15 C) overnight.  

3 hours ago, classicboxer said:

We stay between 90 and 105 (32 to 40 C) almost all summer. The good thing about the area I live in is that no matter how hot it gets, it will cool down to 55 to 60 (12 to 15 C) overnight.  

same weather here pretty much

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

giphy.gif

That was Fobar messing with Sober but i used to joke i don't wanna hear about how hot it is until they spend a summer in LA. Till then you know nothing about humid hot weather Jon Snow. 

We call it humidity btw. I don't fk with dew points. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

That was Fobar messing with Sober but i used to joke i don't wanna hear about how hot it is until they spend a summer in LA. Till then you know nothing about humid hot weather Jon Snow. 

All that really matters for human comfort is VPD(Vapor Pressure Deficit), be it summer/hot or winter/cold.

11 hours ago, -idyb- said:

same weather here pretty much

Yes, I was in Las Vegas and the high temperature was 115, and the low at night was 90.

Edited by classicboxer

19 hours ago, Bwana said:

All that really matters for human comfort is VPD(Vapor Pressure Deficit), be it summer/hot or winter/cold.

Never heard of her...is she DTF? 🤣

20 hours ago, StompGrind said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Never heard of her...is she DTF? 🤣

No 😂....it's the true relationship of temperature & humidity vaporization. Where dew point isn't really relevant to anyone other than farmers and road crews in the winter. VPD is the actual variance in water prior to saturation levels, where dew point calculations predict dew or frost possibility...which means chiit to human comfort levels, unless you sleep on the grass in your front yard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bwana said:

No 😂....it's the true relationship of temperature & humidity vaporization. Where dew point isn't really relevant to anyone other than farmers and road crews in the winter. VPD is the actual variance in water prior to saturation levels, where dew point calculations predict dew or frost possibility...which means chiit to human comfort levels, unless you sleep on the grass in your front yard.

tenor.gif

idk nutting bout dat...but i know dat when i walk to get the mail, my nuts stick to my legs and me butt crack is like a waterfall of sweat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a typical VPD chart, plotting comfort against humidity for summer....there are much bigger scale charts, ranging from 0 F-120 F. Obviously you can see the comfort zone swing as higher temps can hold more moisture.

I'm more than just a pretty face bro's.

VPD-2.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

tenor.gif

idk nutting bout dat...but i know dat when i walk to get the mail, my nuts stick to my legs and me butt crack is like a waterfall of sweat 

Pretty much. Went to the park yesterday & just walked around. Was literally drenched from WALKING & it wasn't even that sunny out lol.

I actually love this heat for exercise but if you just wanna chill outdoors you better find some shade & cold drinks or you will have swamp butt lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

Here's a typical VPD chart, plotting comfort against humidity for summer....there are much bigger scale charts, ranging from 0 F-120 F. Obviously you can see the comfort zone swing as higher temps can hold more moisture.

I'm more than just a pretty face bro's.

VPD-2.png

Bro this is some nerd $hit that i don't need to know. :P

All i know is dat we have two seasons here. Humid AF over 9000%  & fake winter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Bro this is some nerd $hit that i don't need to know. :P

All i know is dat we have two seasons here. Humid AF over 9000%  & fake winter. 

We have hot as chiit & cold as a witch's teet, nerd $hit tells you how to dress. Morons like me sit in a tree for 10-12 hours at a time in brutal weather, VDP is my life line....other than beer and family of course.

• Like 1