Sign in to follow this  
skillandpower

Most Delusional Fighter ?

49 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Canor-Im going to get an immediate title shot and knock out Usman when I return.

Yeah at this moment he is a top delusional one.

Masdival also talking about a title shot makes me roll my eyes

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bwana said:

O'Malley and Diaz.

At least Diaz bros made a name in the sport and we gotta acknowledge that

but Omalley yeah that’s the classic example of a delusional fighter

• Like 1

Notice how every one of our candidates so far benefit from Dana seeing dollar signs. They get matchups they don't deserve or are able to pick and choose opponents. 

That's the only way O'Malley will see a title shot anytime soon. If he fights and beat Edgar, I bet they over rank him and get him into a #1 contender fight. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Notice how every one of our candidates so far benefit from Dana seeing dollar signs. They get matchups they don't deserve or are able to pick and choose opponents. 

That's the only way O'Malley will see a title shot anytime soon. If he fights and beat Edgar, I bet they over rank him and get him into a #1 contender fight. 

Totally agree.

As a matter of fact, I think that’s the whole reason why they are betting on him beating Frankie.

The sad part is that he is not on a level AT ALL to fight the big dogs

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Totally agree.

As a matter of fact, I think that’s the whole reason why they are betting on him beating Frankie.

The sad part is that he is not on a level AT ALL to fight the big dogs

10 out of the top 15 in that division have a strong wrestling base. He's going to be exposed eventually if he doesn't dramatically improve. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

10 out of the top 15 in that division have a strong wrestling base. He's going to be exposed eventually if he doesn't dramatically improve. 

Honestly ? No hate but Im not sure how many guys he can beat on the top 10

Conor isn't delusional, it's just him desperately trying to stay relevant while he watches his star power slowly diminish. 

Jones fought smart to keep his title,  he showed up to fight 5 rounds & win on points. I'm interested to see how he fights when he has nothing on the line again.

Edited by agtx

6 hours ago, SmallBall said:

Sadly, Jon Jones. He just ain't the same killer, and I think a part of him knows it.

Who.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

HW - Black Beast

LHW - Gus 

MW - Weidman / Kelvin

WW - Colby / Leon

LW - Poirier / Lee

FW - Ortega

BW - TJ / Sterling

FLW - Benevitez

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzPride said:

HW - Black Beast

LHW - Gus 

MW - Weidman / Kelvin

WW - Colby / Leon

LW - Poirier / Lee

FW - Ortega

BW - TJ / Sterling

FLW - Benevitez

I agree with that full list except Poirier.

13 hours ago, SmallBall said:

Sadly, Jon Jones. He just ain't the same killer, and I think a part of him knows it.

Welcome back, Moe

We missed you

• Like 3

Some delusional folks:

Weidman

Holland

Lee

RDA thinking Khabib will come out of retirement to fight him LMAO

Sterling no comments needed

Ben Rothwell always acting like he is the biggest new thing at the HW division 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Some delusional folks:

Weidman

Holland

Lee

RDA thinking Khabib will come out of retirement to fight him LMAO

Sterling no comments needed

Ben Rothwell always acting like he is the biggest new thing at the HW division 

I honestly don't know if I can agree with this one cause Kevin is just a ****ing wild man lol.

I don't really think it's ****ing delusion with him.

5 minutes ago, JoshNOS said:

I honestly don't know if I can agree with this one cause Kevin is just a ****ing wild man lol.

I don't really think it's ****ing delusion with him.

Well it is a good discussion but I think he was acting like he was going to run the division although being super one dimensional 

10 hours ago, Bwana said:

I agree with that full list except Poirier.

DP is delusional in the fact he thinks he'll get a bigger fanbase and legacy by just chasing money fights and ducking the belt imo

Edited by OzPride
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, OzPride said:

DP is delusional in the fact he thinks he'll get a bigger fanbase and legacy by just chasing money fights and ducking the belt imo

I agree based on his past choices, but view that as greed not delusional.

7 hours ago, OzPride said:

I think he thinks he'll get more money by chasing money fights.... that's not delusional. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I think he thinks he'll get more money by chasing money fights.... that's not delusional. 

Notice I didn't mention that part 

On 8/20/2021 at 4:20 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Overeem still thinks Stipe tapped out and that he's going to defend his belt in Amsterdam. 

Stipe did tap out...

18 hours ago, carnages said:

Khabib, ninja thinks he is p4p with like two title defenses LMFAO

thats two more title defenses than conor mcnuggets has ever had, yet his fans seem to think he's the greatest. even after khabib took conors balls from him and hung them on his mantle.

Edited by -idyb-

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

thats two more title defenses than conor mcnuggets has ever had, yet his fans seem to think he's the greatest. even after khabib took conors balls from him and hung them on his mantle.

There's only one reason Khabib seems like the LW Goat and it's that guys like BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar and Benson Henderson all fell off so hard after their prime it really impacted their legacy.

I personally still hold Frankie in high regard cause dude was a Bantamweight fighting at Lightweight, and he beat the up until that point, LW Goat TWICE, and KO'd Gray Maynard who was literally 3 times his size, not to mention those two great fights with Benson, which really should have been a trilogy cause that second fight was highway robbery. Frankie didn't get to defend his title much either cause he ended up in 3 separate immediate rematches with Penn, Maynard and Benderson. BJ by extension because of how Lightweight was constructed early on on paper seems like the GOAT but because of how ****ing hard he fell off, I don't know. HIs fall was about ten times worse than Frankie or Bendo's. 

Khabib, sure, he's 29-0. For that reason I kind of go back and forth between him and Frankie. Especially since while he only defended the title 3 times, it was against absolute killers. 

-Conor McGregor (before Conor started sucking)

-Dustin Poirier 

-Justin Gaethje 

While that's only 3 title defenses, its against absolute killers. I know that a number of people on the forum don't hold Dustin or Justin in high regard (Lookin' at you @carnages, at least with Poirier. I love ya though man, you're awesome.) and that Justin is considered mostly overrated since his style before the Ferguson fight was literally "whoever dies first loses." And well, Conor's self explanatory after he went off the deep end afterwards and has looked like he doesn't even belong in the Top 15, let alone the Top 5 lately.

I think Charles Oliveira can cement himself, but of course he has absolute killers to deal with as well, Islam Makachev especially being on the horizon.

Stylistically he should beat Dustin Poirier, since other than Striking, he's better everywhere else. The gap in striking between the two isn't nearly as big as the gap in wrestling or grappling in my opinion, though Charles does need to avoid the Guillotine, he's lost to that thing on multiple occasions. That thing usually has him doing his best Michael "I'm a submission expert, but get tapped easily" Chiesa impression, and it's literally Dustin's best submission. So maybe he clinches Dustin and just backpacks him, that's the smarter approach. 

Now, as for my personal most delusional fighters?

It's a decently sized list.

- Conor McGregor

- Aljamain Sterling

- Luke Rockhold

- Paulo Costa

- Jon Jones

- Marvin Vettori 

- Khamzat Chimaev (at least for now, though I like the guy.)

- Yair Rodriguez (this dude's an actual troll, and not the funny kind.)

- Alexander Volkanovski (just cause of the way he talks sometimes.)

- Calvin Kattar (Hopefully after he got his **** beat by Holloway he stops talking so much chit about literally everyone he faces and how he's superior.)

- TJ Dillashaw

- Cody Garbrandt

- Sean O'Malley

- Renato Moicano (Every time this dude has talked ****, he got absolutely blasted. Aldo, Korean Zombie, and Fiziev. Also generally thinks he's great.)

- Kelvin Gastelum (especially after he thinks he won the Cannonier fight)

- Ryan Bader

- Chris Weidman

- Colby Covington (This dude's delusional for a different reason.)

- Jorge Masvidal (Even though I like him)

- Nate Diaz (Even though I like him)

- Rory McDonald (please just retire already Rory and stop making excuses like your family is the only reason you've been doing poorly lately.)

- Patricky Pitbull (Not Patricio, the one who just lost to A.J. McKee, Patricky's always been far more delusional than Patricio.)

- Tony Ferguson (Even though I like him)

- Kevin Lee (I'm sure you were all wondering where he fit into this.)

• Confused 1

On 8/23/2021 at 3:19 AM, JoshNOS said:

- Conor McGregor

- Aljamain Sterling

- Luke Rockhold

- Paulo Costa

- Jon Jones

- Marvin Vettori 

- Calvin Kattar (Hopefully after he got his **** beat by Holloway he stops talking so much chit about literally everyone he faces and how he's superior.)

- TJ Dillashaw

- Cody Garbrandt

- Sean O'Malley

- Renato Moicano (Every time this dude has talked ****, he got absolutely blasted. Aldo, Korean Zombie, and Fiziev. Also generally thinks he's great.)

- Ryan Bader

- Chris Weidman

- Rory McDonald (please just retire already Rory and stop making excuses like your family is the only reason you've been doing poorly lately.)

- Patricky Pitbull (Not Patricio, the one who just lost to A.J. McKee, Patricky's always been far more delusional than Patricio.)

There's about seven, maybe eight "slap your damn self" moments in this post mate, get to it

On 8/20/2021 at 11:20 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Overeem still thinks Stipe tapped out and that he's going to defend his belt in Amsterdam. 

He has a HW title fight booked in the Netherlands ( not Amsterdam sadly but Arnhem )on the 23rd of October with Glory against Rico Verhoeven and will make that Anderson Silva money for sure..

who`s delusional now Bubba ?  😜  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, OzPride said:

There's about seven, maybe eight "slap your damn self" moments in this post mate, get to it

Other than Khamzat I can't really see any of the other "slap myself" moments.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:49 PM, JoshNOS said:

- Conor McGregor

- Aljamain Sterling

- Luke Rockhold

- Paulo Costa

- Jon Jones

- Marvin Vettori 

- TJ Dillashaw

- Cody Garbrandt

- Sean O'Malley

- Ryan Bader

- Chris Weidman

It seems like you're confusing delusional for confident.  If you're going to step into a cage and let some other dude punch you in the face, you need a certain type of confidence.

Pick the 3 most delusional from that list. It's far too long.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

He has a HW title fight booked in the Netherlands ( not Amsterdam sadly but Arnhem )on the 23rd of October with Glory against Rico Verhoeven and will make that Anderson Silva money for sure..

who`s delusional now Bubba ?  😜  

85139220.jpg

Also adding Palhares to the most delusional list for thinking that Nate was greasing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It seems like you're confusing delusional for confident.  If you're going to step into a cage and let some other dude punch you in the face, you need a certain type of confidence.

I agree there are at least 7 worth slapping himdamnself

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

85139220.jpg

Also adding Palhares to the most delusional list for thinking that Nate was greasing.

The refs were delusional.

Palhares was just too good, too fast and too strong. a wild animal in a zoo and scared all the competition aka GOAT 

Overeem is going to lose against verhoeven btw 

• Thanks 1

Darren Till still believes he could make welterweight and is open to facing Kamaru Usman for the title.

Till moved up to middleweight following his knockout loss to Jorge Masvidal and since then has gone 1-1 with a decision victory over Kelvin Gastelum and a decision loss to Robert Whittaker. However, as he prepares to face Derek Brunson in the main event of UFC Vegas 35, Till says he would be open to dropping down back down to welterweight to face Usman who has mentioned the Englishman’s name.

Till is low-volume, low IQ and when he loses to Brunson on the 4th,  .. he goes to auto-fade (unless he's fighting Weidman) 👀

On 8/25/2021 at 3:42 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

How about 5?

McGregor, Sterling, Rockhold, Costa and Vettori

• Thanks 1