2021 NFL Thread

gadgets19

14 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I lost because of Zeke and Ridley this week. I really didn't want to draft them but there wasn't anything better at the time. 

As for the Vikings vs Bengals game, it wasn't a fumble and refs suck. 

In all seriousness though, you did not need to make that many yards, just take the gains and kick a field goal...the call I don't know, it was a shame that the original call was fumble,  there was not enough evidence for either call 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amunera said:

In all seriousness though, you did not need to make that many yards, just take the gains and kick a field goal...the call I don't know, it was a shame that the original call was fumble,  there was not enough evidence for either call 😕

The bad thing about the call was that they never signaled a fumble until the Bengal had the ball, which means they never actually saw the ball come out. 

Bad way to lose but it's an away game and they need to be more disciplined so hopefully that'd an early wake up call. Getting Barr and Dantzler should help a lot

• Like 1

For the uneducated/non-researched pick
I went with CIN moneyline +126

Pros
I am a Joe Burrow believer
I actually like CIN offence
They are playing the BEARS!

Cons
@ Soldier Field
CHI defence should be better than Week 1
Andy Dalton revenge game (now he probably only gets a quarter/maybe half then Fields in and I'm probably screwed)
CIN defence couldn't hold 10 point lead last week

Just couldn't wrap my head around CIN being underdogs to CHI

On 9/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, gadgets19 said:

For the uneducated/non-researched pick
I went with CIN moneyline +126

Pros
I am a Joe Burrow believer
I actually like CIN offence
They are playing the BEARS!

Cons
@ Soldier Field
CHI defence should be better than Week 1
Andy Dalton revenge game (now he probably only gets a quarter/maybe half then Fields in and I'm probably screwed)
CIN defence couldn't hold 10 point lead last week

Just couldn't wrap my head around CIN being underdogs to CHI

The Bungles may not score at all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

Yup, that was ugly.

They thought about winning but that doesn't help me.

A fool and his money...

I had forty bucks or so on the Bungles too. It was hard for me to imagine a worse football team than the Bears. It turns out, the defense is going to drag them to some unearned wins this season.

The defense really only gave up seven points yesterday. The field goal early on really only happened because of the questionable roughing the passer penalty on 3rd down, when the Bears should have stopped them. Then that needless pass late in the fourth quarter, when they should have been running the ball, and the clock down, gave them a free touchdown that they didn't earn. Had no business passing there. Score should have been 20-7.

5 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

They are truly one of the worst offenses in my lifetime, and the Bears had like 22 QBs over a ten year span at one point.

I don't know how good Fields will be, but I always question Ohio State and Alabama QBs over the last 10 years. How much of their college success is due to having the best talent around them, and how much is actual QB talent?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Let me get this straight

The NFL goes live for 5 hours, but there’s only actually about 40 minutes of game play

Another reason why Muricans are retarded 

In soccer they jog around for 88 minutes, and do 2 minutes of actual running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, classicboxer said:

I don't know how good Fields will be

He'll flop out of the NFL very shortly. The Bears ALWAYS hold on to a bum at QB for two seasons too long, but by then, it will be painfully obvious he's not enough of a passing threat. Sure, he's fairly mobile, but so are all of the RB, WR, KR, etc. You can run the wildcat occasionally with your choice of those guys. It doesn't pay off to have a bum QB with decent legs playing the entire game.

Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar - Super Bowl Halftime Show.

This is must watch for the controversy in either direction.

"Went way too far, won't someone think of the children!"

"Tame af, no swears, no nwords.  Sell outs all of them!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've only seen one of Gruden's comments but it wasn't a reason to fire him. It wasn't even racist like people were claiming. 

Not sure what else is out there to get him fired. Especially after 10 years. The raiders can't make it through a season without drama though

5 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I've only seen one of Gruden's comments but it wasn't a reason to fire him. It wasn't even racist like people were claiming. 

Not sure what else is out there to get him fired. Especially after 10 years. The raiders can't make it through a season without drama though

The email was written in 2011 in an exchange between Gruden, who is white and was an analyst for ESPN at the time, and Bruce Allen, who was then the president of the Washington Football Team.

“Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin tires,” Gruden wrote about Smith in the exchange.  

(Comment about DeMaurice Smith, the head of the player's union.)

Just think, every single forum member ( except maybe Bubba) all have skeletons in their closet because of comments on the UFC Forum! Honestly, is Mr. Roids qualified to treat black patients?!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, classicboxer said:

The email was written in 2011 in an exchange between Gruden, who is white and was an analyst for ESPN at the time, and Bruce Allen, who was then the president of the Washington Football Team.

“Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin tires,” Gruden wrote about Smith in the exchange.  

Just think, every single forum member ( except maybe Bubba) all have skeletons in their closet because of comments on the UFC Forum! Honestly, is Mr. Roids qualified to treat black patients?!!!!

I would happily have every comment I've ever made on here read out to my boss, my wife, and the queen!

Apart from all the ones about Clash of Clans. They make me sound like a nerd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Coach fired for lip comment :

• Like 1

The reffing in this game is atrocious. Multiple pass interference no calls in favor of Tampa. A PI call against the eagles in the end zone when Evans was also pushing and pulling, then a terrible taunting call against the Eagles with a couple of minutes left in the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Weird random stat. 

The Vikings haven't lost a game where they were leading at the beginning of the 4th quarter since Blair Walsh missed the field goal vs Seattle in 2016. They are 45-0 since that time. 

Amazing stat. Blown 4th quarter leads are a major prop bet

Have studied all the numbers for blown 4th quarter leads between 2011-14

The lowest number was 5 and the highest was 19

The highest winning percentage was 56% - and I think only 3 teams actually won more games than they lost after blowing the lead in the 4th.  2 more had a 50% winning percentage. During that time the Viking are below average but nowhere near the worst.

It was the Bears who had only 5 - and they lost all 5 games. 

• Like 1

6 weeks in and not too many big surprises.

Doing better than expected?

Cardinals/Rams/Cowboys/BiIls/Chargers/Raiders/Bengals

The only team there I believe in is the Cards

Doing worse than expected?

Pats/Chiefs/Browns/Seahawks

Its early but to me the biggest surprise on the page is the Chiefs. I think they turn it around.