The REAL celebrity boxing match

Bubba_Sparks

This is wayyy more interesting than a You-Tuber against a has been.

Both men at the very top of their respective professions.  Larratt stepped in when Eddie Hall got injured whilst training for his "grudge" match with The Mountain.

Thor is twice the size, has been training for over a year, Larratt can't actually straighten his arms....but Thor's a bit of a nonce and seems to be dressing like Conor these days, so I've got my boy Devon by KO in the 8th. Just like when he arm-wrestles, he'll take the sting out of the contest early and use his superior endurance to win the day.

Who've you got?

• Like 2

Devon was 20 years special forces.  All of the behemoths that can lift way more in the arm wrestling community are afraid of him.

He's old with destroyed arms from being champ both right and left.  Thor is a bit awkward and just goofy.  When I look at Thor I see stiffness.  He's stiff as a board. @cashfl0w could roll off the bed and give this weight lifting Bell's Palsy can the hands.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Devon was 20 years special forces.  All of the behemoths that can lift way more in the arm wrestling community are afraid of him.

He's old with destroyed arms from being champ both right and left.  Thor is a bit awkward and just goofy.  When I look at Thor I see stiffness.  He's stiff as a board. @cashfl0w could roll off the bed and give this weight lifting Bell's Palsy can the hands.

Wasn’t that tranny who just had her debut and VERY NEARLY lost to a French woman a veteran of the Special Forces? (the answer is yes.) The military doesn’t teach anything of value, as far as hand-to-hand combat goes.  

With all due respect…

Specials ops guys are way, way overrated. Marines and soldiers in general are overrated.  The military isn’t about toughness, it’s about obedience.  You’re either tough, or you’re not.   Wearing Camouflage and answering “yes sergeant” to some Low IQ idiot who can’t pass his PT test isn’t going to prepare you much for a boxing match.  

I think Devon Larrat has a helluva chance because of his mental toughness, and he may have an advantage in mobility and endurance (we actually don’t know this,) but Hapthor is mentally tough as well, and he’s been training his **** off. 

I can’t really pick one, but I’m going with The Mountain.  I think he’s going to bring a lot more than what the public has seen in the videos he’s released showing boxing training footage.  

Edited by Megasoup

8 minutes ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

Arm wrestling is the only real combat sport and a dummy who trains his entire life to lift things when we have machinery is too stupid to understand the sweet science

A man his size and strength with some basic boxing and jujitsu slaughters pretty much the entire UFC roster, excluding the very top guys at Heavyweight and Light-Heavy.

I just found this.  Devon looks really bad and I can tell he's not faking it to throw off his opponent.  Back when I used to box, my coach would not have allowed anyone who was this inexperienced to spar with me.  There is absolutely no way Devon wins a boxing match with anybody.   I like the guy, he's funny and he's got the heart of a champion, but he doesn't have the skills of one in this sport.  

7 hours ago, Megasoup said:

A man his size and strength with some basic boxing and jujitsu slaughters pretty much the entire UFC roster, excluding the very top guys at Heavyweight and Light-Heavy.

He's WAY too ****ing slow.  Francis would take this dude's head clean off with the patented bull rush where he's just throwing hammers until he kills you.

rozenstruik-ufc.gif

Now I realize you said excluding the top guys.  Alright if you even know who this is Tanner Boser would beat the absolute **** out of Thor in any form of combat and he's a light heavy that doesn't cut weight and fights heavyweight around 230 and 6'2".  It wouldn't be the least bit competitive against an unranked heavyweight.

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Thor's got 50lbs on him.

It won't be enough...

Man I hope so but I just watched a little of that video Soup posted.  I don't like it.  His elbows are so damaged that he can't physically throw a straight, not even the jab is a functional move for him.

I kinda hope Thor will be able to maybe end it early so Devon doesn't get hurt.  I won't act like Devon has never used but Thor is on all of the right PED's  He's leaned out enough to probably not gas super quickly.

With all of that said though I won't forgot Thor's first exhibition where he landed zero punches.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Man I hope so but I just watched a little of that video Soup posted.  I don't like it.  His elbows are so damaged that he can't physically throw a straight, not even the jab is a functional move for him.

I kinda hope Thor will be able to maybe end it early so Devon doesn't get hurt.  I won't act like Devon has never used but Thor is on all of the right PED's  He's leaned out enough to probably not gas super quickly.

With all of that said though I won't forgot Thor's first exhibition where he landed zero punches.

Yeah, that was not a man moving comfortably.  And Thor has been training for 1.5 years....massive hespect to Devon for even stepping in, but as much as my heart says Larratt all day, it's kinda hard to convince myself.

• Like 1

I would like to see this for 10 bucks if dad can order it through satellite cable.  He's somehow only 6 miles from city limits and still can't get legit high speed internet.  Tomorrow is my 36th birthday he'll take me to a steakhouse and get half sweet/half unsweet tea.  I'll get a water, a bourbon and a bottled beer.  Then we were going to see watch Romero debut against someone who will panic wrestle.  Horrible matchmaking.

Oh yeah he'll have a card signed by step mother, sister and him with a Ben Franklin inside.  Mom and I don't care about birthdays or holidays anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, that was not a man moving comfortably.  And Thor has been training for 1.5 years....massive hespect to Devon for even stepping in, but as much as my heart says Larratt all day, it's kinda hard to convince myself.

Yeah that looked like a 46 year old and coming off his previous training camp it should be expected.  For Michael Todd he just put on as much weight as he possibly could while traveling Canada and constantly pulling everyone.  He did some grip exercises and that was it.  He knew had to be huge though so Todd couldn't even employ the King's Move.

Pretty much all of that weight was in his gut.

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

He's WAY too ****ing slow.  Francis would take this dude's head clean off with the patented bull rush where he's just throwing hammers until he kills you.

rozenstruik-ufc.gif

Now I realize you said excluding the top guys.  Alright if you even know who this is Tanner Boser would beat the absolute **** out of Thor in any form of combat and he's a light heavy that doesn't cut weight and fights heavyweight around 230 and 6'2".  It wouldn't be the least bit competitive against an unranked heavyweight.

Neither one of us actually know how that match-up would go.  I think it would go one way, you think it would go another.  Here's where it gets interesting:

Hafthor, while he likely cannot beat Francis Ngannou, can surely beat up the average man who weighs above 205 pounds.  I don't think anyone would question that he would beat the hell out of a slightly above average man, also.  At what point does he start to run into trouble?  What sort of man can beat "The Mountain?"

He's a a physical speciman, a really special human being and a world-class athlete, literally the very strongest man on the planet just a couple years ago, and certainly still far stronger than any man who has ever competed in the UFC.  He has been training in boxing for a year and a half, and he does look pretty good, and he has taken this training so seriously that he has lost over 100 pounds.  He  doesn't have that world-class champion slickness, but with his size and strength, does he really need it?  .  

Let's not for even a second discount the role strength plays in grappling.  And size, too.  It's just harder to choke out people with huge necks, hard to position yourself around them; harder to do a lot of things when someone's torso and limbs are so much longer than the average man.  And do you think anyone in the UFC can muscle this guy against the fence?  Can anyone kimura him?  If he was to sign up with the UFC, do you think he's not going to have at least a few months to learn some basic grappling?  He might not be able to stop Gable Steveson from taking him down, but do you really think Tanner Boser is going to bully him around the octagon?  Not for a minute.

21 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Neither one of us actually know how that match-up would go.  I think it would go one way, you think it would go another.  Here's where it gets interesting:

Hafthor, while he likely cannot beat Francis Ngannou, can surely beat up the average man who weighs above 205 pounds.  I don't think anyone would question that he would beat the hell out of a slightly above average man, also.  At what point does he start to run into trouble?  What sort of man can beat "The Mountain?"

He's a a physical speciman, a really special human being and a world-class athlete, literally the very strongest man on the planet just a couple years ago, and certainly still far stronger than any man who has ever competed in the UFC.  He has been training in boxing for a year and a half, and he does look pretty good, and he has taken this training so seriously that he has lost over 100 pounds.  He  doesn't have that world-class champion slickness, but with his size and strength, does he really need it?  .  

Let's not for even a second discount the role strength plays in grappling.  And size, too.  It's just harder to choke out people with huge necks, hard to position yourself around them; harder to do a lot of things when someone's torso and limbs are so much longer than the average man.  And do you think anyone in the UFC can muscle this guy against the fence?  Can anyone kimura him?  If he was to sign up with the UFC, do you think he's not going to have at least a few months to learn some basic grappling?  He might not be able to stop Gable Steveson from taking him down, but do you really think Tanner Boser is going to bully him around the octagon?  Not for a minute.

I would stomp this can's knee into oblivion on the first exchange, and he would fall over and ****ing die.