UFC Fight Night 194/ Rodriguez vs Dern/ Apex

Bezerker101

1 hour ago, skillandpower said:

What is this ? LOL

I rather just re watch some old card and still be more pumped re watching classic fights.

The highlight of this card will be literally Dern’s azz that’s it.

Quality nap time guaranteed by Boston Strong -  Charles "Dosa" Rosa

.................................       image.png.8acac1a01dc82be2088bae3aba593a9d.png

They used a very unflattering picture of Dern for that event poster. Either way, I hope she loses. I love it when BJJ hype trains get beat, and Rodriguez is no joke. Her only loss in the UFC is a questionable split decision to Carla Esparza, and while Dern is a far more accomplished submission artists than Carla, her wrestling is nowhere near as good. If Rodriguez shows up for this fight I think she has a good chance and slapping the fake accent out of Dern.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ijosef said:

They used a very unflattering picture of Dern for that event poster. Either way, I hope she loses. I love it when BJJ hype trains get beat, and Rodriguez is no joke. Her only loss in the UFC is a questionable split decision to Carla Esparza, and while Dern is a far more accomplished submission artists than Carla, her wrestling is nowhere near as good. If Rodriguez shows up for this fight I think she has a good chance and slapping the fake accent out of Dern.

Dern is naturally thick ,.. Rodriguez looks boney, that and their respective skillsets seems enough for me

to roll with Dern here . Dern has a lot to lose should she falter  👈

11 hours ago, Bwana said:

Dern is a nasty horse teeth broad with big jugs, that doesn't look good in any pictures...I think she's Bethe Correai's sister, you can have her.

Yeah...i really don't get the obsession over the Dern's and Betche's of this world.  These thirsty dudes on here like @skillandpower need more Kate Beckinsale in their life tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ijosef said:

If Dern lands a takedown with two or more minutes left in the round, she'll get the sub. Her wrestling isn't great, but her subs are the best on the womens side. If you can get laid on by Esparza, you should be able to get subbed by Dumpy Dern.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 6:06 AM, cashfl0w said:

If Dern lands a takedown with two or more minutes left in the round, she'll get the sub. Her wrestling isn't great, but her subs are the best on the womens side. If you can get laid on by Esparza, you should be able to get subbed by Dumpy Dern.

That's a good point. Very few in her division have the ability to defend against her subs for a meaningful period of time. Even those who have legit BJJ credentials avoid going to the ground with her. So far Dern's biggest weakness is when she faces a superior striker who can avoid her big haymakers and sloppy takedown attempts - that's exactly what happened when Amanda Ribas beat her. I think Rodriguez can do the same, but as you said, if she does end up on the ground for too long it could spell disaster.

If Dumpy Dern (thanks for that name, by the way) wins this one, I think she should get a big step up in competition. Joanna, or maybe the loser of the Zhang/Rose rematch could be next.