Colorado passed open scoring.

cashfl0w

I think it's worth a try to see what effect it has on fights. Of course some people will try to coast to a decision but they would do that anyway. It will also lead to some fights where the person losing gets a finish or goes out on their shield. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I think it's worth a try to see what effect it has on fights. Of course some people will try to coast to a decision but they would do that anyway. It will also lead to some fights where the person losing gets a finish or goes out on their shield. 

This will obviously up the amount of cans coasting on winning the first two rounds, but I feel like it will provide an equal amount of fighters trying to kill somebody in the third round. So I think it's probably worth it in the long run.

I was at Rodriguez vs. Korean Zombie in Denver in Nov. 2018. I believe that's the last time UFC even went to Colorado. There's a real chance we don't ever get to see this in action, aside from local promotions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

This will obviously up the amount of cans coasting on winning the first two rounds, but I feel like it will provide an equal amount of fighters trying to kill somebody in the third round. So I think it's probably worth it in the long run.

I was at Rodriguez vs. Korean Zombie in Denver in Nov. 2018. I believe that's the last time UFC even went to Colorado. There's a real chance we don't ever get to see this in action, aside from local promotions.

If it's good enough for Rich Franklin, it's good enough for me.

I guess there's all kind of permutations, but some of the worst fights are when both fighters reckon they're winning and decide to coast the last round. That can never happen, and hopefully it will encourage guys to go head-hunting a bit more in the later rounds.

TBH, boxing benefits more from this than MMA.  Over a 3 round fight it's a lot easier to be fairly certain of the score going into the last round; much harder over 12 rounds.

• Like 1