Dana says Leon is 100% next for Usman

BarbaricBob

More mickey-mouse match-making (if you'll pardon the alliteration).

Leon last fought on 12th June. Usman fought for the belt on November 6th.  Given the lack of a clear number 1 contender, why didn't they put Leon v Belal, or Luque, or even Hazmat on the same card. Make it a clear no. 1 contender fight, have the winner storm the octagon and all that nonsense.

Still feels like Edwards hasn't done quite enough to warrant a shot. I know he's on a 9 fight win-streak, but 7 of those are decisions (one of which was an SD), and the names on the list aren't exactly top drawer.

Only plus point I suppose is that i know British fighters getting title shots rustles @OzPride

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

More mickey-mouse match-making (if you'll pardon the alliteration).

Leon last fought on 12th June. Usman fought for the belt on November 6th.  Given the lack of a clear number 1 contender, why didn't they put Leon v Belal, or Luque, or even Hazmat on the same card. Make it a clear no. 1 contender fight, have the winner storm the octagon and all that nonsense.

Still feels like Edwards hasn't done quite enough to warrant a shot. I know he's on a 9 fight win-streak, but 7 of those are decisions (one of which was an SD), and the names on the list aren't exactly top drawer.

Only plus point I suppose is that i know British fighters getting title shots rustles @OzPride

I'd be ok if a good British fighter got a title shot.

Assuming such a thing exists 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, i'm impressed you can remember any of the cans from that show.

All i can remember is George and Ross as coaches. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel by then.

Laughs in "soon to be MW champion twice as many times as Rich Franklin" 

8 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Oh well might as well just get this one out of the way.

Agreed time to shut Leon up.  He would've gotten beat up when Marty was training with Sanford.  Now Juiceman trains under a coach that only trains 2 other fighters.  Rose and Gaethje.  If Nate makes you do the stanky leg... come on man Marty finna kill this bum.  He won't even need his designer steroids and EPO.

The card better be stacked though if this headlines a PPV card.  Absolutely no casual fan knows who Leon is nor do that give a damn about him being a decision machine on a win streak.  He's got 1 fight in 4 years and Nate put him on skates 24 minutes into the fight.  Only win worth a damn and over an actual welterweight was 5 years ago against Vicente Luque.  They can't have Luque body him in a rematch and continue to hear him complain about a title shot.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, JoshNOS said:

I don't think Dana knows what the term "100%" actually means so I would take this with a grain of salt lmao

Dana be like "Leon you're gonna fight on your current contract for this title shot or we'll give it to Luque or Khamzat.  Maybe even Wonderman on back to back losses.  Colby or Jorge a 3rd shot.  Either Diaz brother.  It's now or never, dipchit.  Do you wanna be a ****ing fighter?!"

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Dana be like "Leon you're gonna fight on your current contract for this title shot or we'll give it to Luque or Khamzat.  Maybe even Wonderman on back to back losses.  Colby or Jorge a 3rd shot.  Either Diaz brother.  It's now or never, dipchit.  Do you wanna be a ****ing fighter?!"

My same thoughts