Jump to content

KKF vs Moreno for interim belt. Straya!


OzPride
 Share

Recommended Posts

Figgy has a hand injury so they're working on this. 

 

The first fight was fun and KKF has really found his rhythm since. Looks like we'll be having yet another Champ here in Australia boys! 

 

 

Screenshot_2022-05-10-18-56-06-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Kai will probably take it

Kai has looked good but has zero 5 round experience.  He's been finished 5 times in his 9 losses.  He's a BJJ blue belt that was able to deal with Askarov's grappling but Moreno is a BJJ black belt.  Moreno has never been finished.  Moreno has gone 5 rounds with Pettis, Figx2 and finished Fig.

I see Kai winning some rounds but maybe fading late.  One mistake in a scramble and Moreno will have his back and his neck.  Should be a good, competitive midget fight.  Probably goes all 5 rounds but it was less than 2 years ago that Royval subbed him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Kai has looked good but has zero 5 round experience.  He's been finished 5 times in his 9 losses.  He's a BJJ blue belt that was able to deal with Askarov's grappling but Moreno is a BJJ black belt.  Moreno has never been finished.  Moreno has gone 5 rounds with Pettis, Figx2 and finished Fig.

I see Kai winning some rounds but maybe fading late.  One mistake in a scramble and Moreno will have his back and his neck.  Should be a good, competitive midget fight.  Probably goes all 5 rounds but it was less than 2 years ago that Royval subbed him.

I like this take.

As a member of the KKF hype train this tempers my fanboyism. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Kai has looked good but has zero 5 round experience.  He's been finished 5 times in his 9 losses.  He's a BJJ blue belt that was able to deal with Askarov's grappling but Moreno is a BJJ black belt.  Moreno has never been finished.  Moreno has gone 5 rounds with Pettis, Figx2 and finished Fig.

I see Kai winning some rounds but maybe fading late.  One mistake in a scramble and Moreno will have his back and his neck.  Should be a good, competitive midget fight.  Probably goes all 5 rounds but it was less than 2 years ago that Royval subbed him.

KKF could just knock him dead though 

 

 

DismalOptimisticFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

..... WMMA is a disgrace to humanity and a serious embarrassment to a once great sport,

10 years ago when sports-bars here would show a UFC event, .. they would change the channel 

by demand every time there was a women's fight up .  Gamblers and .001% of sports fans

care about WMMA .  Hey Dana,  when do we get blessed with Schevchenko vs Carmouche 3  ?

 

KKF vs Moreno, .. I personally don't know anyone that cares except my bookie .

(men don't weigh 125lbs,  overweight wimmen weigh 125lbs)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

..... WMMA is a disgrace to humanity and a serious embarrassment to a once great sport,

10 years ago when sports-bars here would show a UFC event, .. they would change the channel 

by demand every time there was a women's fight up .  Gamblers and .001% of sports fans

care about WMMA .  Hey Dana,  when do we get blessed with Schevchenko vs Carmouche 3  ?

 

KKF vs Moreno, .. I personally don't know anyone that cares except my bookie .

(men don't weigh 125lbs,  overweight wimmen weigh 125lbs)

I'd be willing to bet that there are Moro Filipino men under 125lbs than over 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2022 at 5:51 AM, OzPride said:

KKF could just knock him dead though 

 

 

DismalOptimisticFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Good luck.  Cody has been knocked unconscious 6 times.  Then he goes full Dillashaw like pulling 10 more pounds off is somehow going to help.  I won't go hunting but when all of you dummies were saying the snake via head kick KO I said Henry knocks him out in one round.  I think that fight lasted 30 seconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Good luck.  Cody has been knocked unconscious 6 times.  Then he goes full Dillashaw like pulling 10 more pounds off is somehow going to help.  I won't go hunting but when all of you dummies were saying the snake via head kick KO I said Henry knocks him out in one round.  I think that fight lasted 30 seconds.

Don't lump me in with those dummies bro I actually watch this chit. And yeah he's warn but KKF still has some legit hands and power, can't be denied. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2022 at 6:19 AM, OzPride said:

Don't lump me in with those dummies bro I actually watch this chit. And yeah he's warn but KKF still has some legit hands and power, can't be denied. 

 

 

Oh I wouldn't count the little bastard out.  He can crack for a midget.  Moreno is obviously durable though he's ate numerous Fig Bombs.

Like I said I would have to favor Moreno because one mistake in a scramble could cost Kai his neck.  I kinda hope he proves me wrong though because if Moreno wins then Fig will fight him 4 straight times.  I think he would need to be calculated and probably win on points.  Little Kiwi bastard might could get that little beaner out of there if he gives him a proper smack early.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kinda wondering where Pantoja fits in this mess.  Does this man ever get a title shot?  He finished Royval and Royval is calling to be the back up for Moreno and Kai.  He's fought both finishing Kai and getting stopped by Moreno.

When you look at records from like the top 7 or so flyweights it's like one big circle jerk.  They all hace wins several surprisingly by stoppage against each other.  I was looking at it last night and it's all over the place.  They can all be like I beat this guy and that guy.  However guys that they beat have wins over guys that they lost against.

I wish they would scratch flyweight and make bantamweight super deep.  The little chits commonly miss weight as a collective division.  Kai and Moreno look healthy on the scales but some of those dudes look near death.  I've seen it during fight week if they give an interview.  They often look really drawn out like they aren't doing a water load cut.  Just starving themselves like a featherweight Dustin Poirier.  Who when he woke up he had to count the amount of almonds he could eat.  Then go train... twice

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...