Marlon Moraes is unretiring, headed to PFL

cashfl0w

16 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Let's bet on it. YouTube singing bet.

I don't dislike Marlon or wish anymore failure.  What he did to Sterling was awesome because I hate that bum

He definitely has a bantamweight weight frame.  However he got banned from fighting in California because he rehydrated like 21 pounds or something overnight.  I've heard walks at 165 not in camp.  Maybe the cuts are getting to him.  He keeps gassing this should help.  I got him losing his last 6 but the Merab fight was suspect.  I know he once again gassed and got finished but you could justify 2 different moments to stop the fight in Marlon's favor in the 1st round.

Big weight cutters that are aging coming into a promotion that banned IV's post weigh in can change things.  That whole concept is stupid.  It's just an easier way to get your fluids back.  They banned IV's Masvidal went up because the last 4 or 5 pounds to 155 was tough.  Nate fought one fight at lightweight under USADA.  Pettis jumped.

I'd like to see footage of Alex Pereira's weight cuts.  He started his fight camp at 233 pounds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I don't dislike Marlon or wish anymore failure.  What he did to Sterling was awesome because I hate that bum

He definitely has a bantamweight weight frame.  However he got banned from fighting in California because he rehydrated like 21 pounds or something overnight.  I've heard walks at 165 not in camp.  Maybe the cuts are getting to him.  He keeps gassing this should help.  I got him losing his last 6 but the Merab fight was suspect.  I know he once again gassed and got finished but you could justify 2 different moments to stop the fight in Marlon's favor in the 1st round.

Big weight cutters that are aging coming into a promotion that banned IV's post weigh in can change things.  That whole concept is stupid.  It's just an easier way to get your fluids back.  They banned IV's Masvidal went up because the last 4 or 5 pounds to 155 was tough.  Nate fought one fight at lightweight under USADA.  Pettis jumped.

I'd like to see footage of Alex Pereira's weight cuts.  He started his fight camp at 233 pounds.

He's gonna be fighting with Burgos, so there's at least one power puncher over there, but I struggle to put any of the other guys they have in that category. They really don't have anybody that's gonna take his head off. The Loughnane that showed up and damn near lost to a random Asian person a couple fights back would get his brain knocked out by Moraes. Bubba Jenkins is a walking L, dude could lose to a potato on the right day. Same with Chris Wade. 

PFL isn't necessarily swimming in beasts at FW.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

He's gonna be fighting with Burgos, so there's at least one power puncher over there, but I struggle to put any of the other guys they have in that category. They really don't have anybody that's gonna take his head off. The Loughnane that showed up and damn near lost to a random Asian person a couple fights back would get his brain knocked out by Moraes. Bubba Jenkins is a walking L, dude could lose to a potato on the right day. Same with Chris Wade. 

PFL isn't necessarily swimming in beasts at FW.

They most likely aren't getting Burgos at 145.  In the PFL you fight 5 times a year and he told Ariel he's definitely thinking about 155.  He's a big guy plenty big enough to 155.  He said after dieting down he doesn't cut drastic weight but he's tired of worrying about diet all the time.  It's like Poirier at 145.  The man was counting how many almonds he could eat for breakfast.

Obviously the amount of fights if you keep winning is something he has to consider.  Those cuts will eventually suck.  He didn't completely rule out 145 but it sounds like he's ready to focus more on getting better in his prime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

They most likely aren't getting Burgos at 145.  In the PFL you fight 5 times a year and he told Ariel he's definitely thinking about 155.  He's a big guy plenty big enough to 155.  He said after dieting down he doesn't cut drastic weight but he's tired of worrying about diet all the time.  It's like Poirier at 145.  The man was counting how many almonds he could eat for breakfast.

Obviously the amount of fights if you keep winning is something he has to consider.  Those cuts will eventually suck.  He didn't completely rule out 145 but it sounds like he's ready to focus more on getting better in his prime.

Ehhh.. I don't like that for him. He needs to cut to featherweight.

4 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Ehhh.. I don't like that for him. He needs to cut to featherweight.

I always thought he looked huge in there.  Like 5'11" 76" reach that's Tony Ferguson size who looks extremely drawn out at 155.  Shane wouldn't even give Ariel an exact answer when asked about his weight.  He just said "I'm pretty big right now."

Fighting twice a year is obviously 2 cuts.  From the way he was explaining this fat bag PFL gave him it's for double digit fights and you have 2 fights before you even get in the tournament.  That he's contractually obligated to fight 5 times per year if he goes all the way to the finals.

He's fought 3 times once in his career and never more than twice per year in the UFC.

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

I don't even see how it's possible TBH.

Right next to Reyes half naked in a picture he was clearly the bigger guy.  When Romero and Costa fought each other I thought it was insane Costa rehydrated to 214 opposite 207 for Romero.

Alex will never be allowed to fight in California if he's gaining back 35 pounds.  That's 19% they've banned a lot of guys for 14 and 15% gains.  Marlon is one of them.

Screen_Shot_2022_08_31_at_11.43.46_AM.0.