Conor has the most power you've ever seen?

agtx

On 9/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, skillandpower said:

When he had his head in the game he was definitely something else.

Yeah, and made for some entertaining press conferences

I've never been more uninterested in Conor McGregor. Could not care less if he returns or not

Doubt he could hang with the top 5 of the division, top 10 maybe, but his drive to win the belt isn't there anymore. Doesn't need it though, he's a god damn millionaire

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nyte said:

Yeah, and made for some entertaining press conferences

I've never been more uninterested in Conor McGregor. Could not care less if he returns or not

Doubt he could hang with the top 5 of the division, top 10 maybe, but his drive to win the belt isn't there anymore. Doesn't need it though, he's a god damn millionaire

He actually prophesied his own downfall....back in the day he made a point of how he would spend all his fight bonus straight away so that he stayed hungry.

Completely missed opportunity IMO. Since he beat Aldo 7 years ago, he's fought Diaz, Alvarez, Cerrone, Khabib and PeaHead.  Only one of those fights felt like a legitimate fight that he deserved.  Imagine how much more entertaining it would have been to fight Edgar, rematch Aldo, fight a resurgent Max, and perhaps then step up to LW.  

Stupid thing is that the casuals have lapped it up, the UFC and Conor have made a fortune from it all and meanwhile the whole product has been devalued.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

He actually prophesied his own downfall....back in the day he made a point of how he would spend all his fight bonus straight away so that he stayed hungry.

Completely missed opportunity IMO. Since he beat Aldo 7 years ago, he's fought Diaz, Alvarez, Cerrone, Khabib and PeaHead.  Only one of those fights felt like a legitimate fight that he deserved.  Imagine how much more entertaining it would have been to fight Edgar, rematch Aldo, fight a resurgent Max, and perhaps then step up to LW.  

Stupid thing is that the casuals have lapped it up, the UFC and Conor have made a fortune from it all and meanwhile the whole product has been devalued.

Hindsight is 20/20. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

I enjoyed watching him absolutely piece up Alvarez and become double champ. A candle burning at both ends aint gonna last Bubs. Be glad your casual **** got to witness greatness. 

Who knows maybe jakt Conor can make a run when he comes back. Im certainly not writing the guy off and it will be appointment viewing when he does finally return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yep. The Mayweather boxing match in 2017, in hindsight, was really the nail in the coffin.

2016 was pretty much the end to his MMA career. He had an aura about him after that Alvarez KO, but wasn't the same when he returned - destroyed by Khabib, then didn't fight once in 2019. Then we all know everything forward.

He's still only 34; definitely would be a big draw if/when he returns. There's only a handful of fighters who were his age and up who have been successful (Daniel Cormier, Anderson Silva, Stipe).

I don't even know what his plan is at this point. If it's at LW or WW. Or just moneyfights, which is there even one? Masdival? Nate III?

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

Hindsight is 20/20. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

I enjoyed watching him absolutely piece up Alvarez and become double champ. A candle burning at both ends aint gonna last Bubs. Be glad your casual **** got to witness greatness. 

Who knows maybe jakt Conor can make a run when he comes back. Im certainly not writing the guy off and it will be appointment viewing when he does finally return.

Alvarez was a great night.  The fora was in meltdown, casual Cole was still hear bandwagoning, and I won a very longggg bet with that Conor hater Nangaparbatwinter.

But that's it. One fight in 7 years worth getting excited about. It was fun while it lasted...and it could, and should, have lasted a heck of a lot longer.

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Alvarez was a great night.  The fora was in meltdown, casual Cole was still hear bandwagoning, and I won a very longggg bet with that Conor hater Nangaparbatwinter.

But that's it. One fight in 7 years worth getting excited about. It was fun while it lasted...and it could, and should, have lasted a heck of a lot longer.

We all got together in my buddies backyard and watched the Mayweather fight on a projection screen. It was an epic night and we were all pumped for that fight.

You weren't excited for the Khabib fight ? Sure maybe it was a long shot Conor would win but the hype around the fight was certainly there.

And the Nate fight is one of the best upsets followed by the best post fight octagon interview ever. The trash talk leading up to that fight was legendary. Conors first loss in the UFC when he looked unstoppable. 

Again I think theres some hindsight going on here. In the midst of those fights, the build up was a lot of fun to watch and take part in here. 

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

We all got together in my buddies backyard and watched the Mayweather fight on a projection screen. It was an epic night and we were all pumped for that fight.

You weren't excited for the Khabib fight ? Sure maybe it was a long shot Conor would win but the hype around the fight was certainly there.

And the Nate fight is one of the best upsets followed by the best post fight octagon interview ever. The trash talk leading up to that fight was legendary. Conors first loss in the UFC when he looked unstoppable. 

Again I think theres some hindsight going on here. In the midst of those fights, the build up was a lot of fun to watch and take part in here. 

I guess you enjoy circuses more than I do. Each to their own. Conor's run to FW champion was epic.  Everything after that felt contrived in comparison, with the exception of the Eddie fight.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I guess you enjoy circuses more than I do. Each to their own. Conor's run to FW champion was epic.  Everything after that felt contrived in comparison, with the exception of the Eddie fight.

A good circus is often better than the actual fight its based around. Elephants and clowns go brr m8.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 2:57 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

He couldn't make the weight anymore.  The cuts for Chad and Jose nearly killed him.  Once these USADA geniuses decided to ban IV's that was it.  He was already 27 and cutting a lot.  He bulked when he won the Cage Warriors LW title.

I don't doubt for one second they still got him an IV for those fights though.  It was scary the way he looked but I'll always give him props for making weight and not pulling out of fights.

BTW as much as I respect Frankie Edgar come on man.  Prime Conor would've slept him in violent fashion.

He didn't owe Holloway a damn thing.  He blew his ACL 6 minutes into a 15 minute fight and still whooped his ****.

Aldo did deserve a rematch.  But at what weight class?  Would he jump to 155 or do a 150 catchweight?  Look at his interviews for his last 2 cuts to 145.  Dude was dying.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

He didn't owe Holloway a damn thing.  He blew his ACL 6 minutes into a 15 minute fight and still whooped his ****.

Aldo did deserve a rematch.  But at what weight class?  Would he jump to 155 or do a 150 catchweight?  Look at his interviews for his last 2 cuts to 145.  Dude was dying.

Conor vs Aldo will forever be the most disappointing fight ever for me

So much hype and Jose gets slept in 8 seconds . Props to Conor I suppose lol 

That's a rematch I wish would have happened. 

• Confused 1