Dana White CHERRYpicking which prospects hes helping

VertFTW

So he gave Joe Pyfer money and where to live for a year? Cool.

But...

Clearly this guy is a blue chip prospect and very soon wont need help...so Dana is only helping blue chip guys to his benefit? for sure hes not helping all the DWCS scrubs unless he sees monetary benefit.

Will keep this thread going to document.

Edited by VertFTW
  • Confused 2

I think the word you're looking for is "Cherrypicking", not "Nitpicking".

Nitpicking, ironically is what I am doing by picking up on using the wrong word.  Cherrypicking is what you are accusing DFW of doing.

Reminds me with some nostalgia of when you used to expect answers to "rhetorical questions" and everyone used to pile on vis-a-vis the whole top20 university thing.

Fun fora times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• VertFTW changed the title to Dana White CHERRYpicking which prospects hes helping
2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Nitpicking, ironically is what I am doing by picking up on using the wrong word.  Cherrypicking is what you are accusing DFW of doing.

Reminds me with some nostalgia of when you used to expect answers to "rhetorical questions" and everyone used to pile on vis-a-vis the whole top20 university thing.

Fun fora times.

yeah was looking for the right adjective but had issues...have updated the thread.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Ya mean the the English calling the trunk of a car a "boot", and the hood a "bonnet" ?

Tell me, what do you call high laced leather footwear & a ladies different style of head gear ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

They no longer have to disclose it, but go ahead and look up the payouts for the old DWCS. It was $5,000 win/show across the board. Nobody was special and got more than anybody else. 

Considering they've been paying $50,000 as a bonus for about twenty years now, I wouldn't say it's far fetched to think they're still paying the exact same thing to DWCS fighters. When you think about it that way, the answer to Megan's question is that this makes it so Bo gets to fight for $10,000 again, instead of getting a real paycheck for his second fight. Pretty sure I've heard that there was a clause in the contracts, so he can't just go fight for Bellator after that first DWCS fight. He's basically obligated to fight for another ten grand after he signs on to fight the first guy for ten grand. 

That's my best guess.

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

They no longer have to disclose it, but go ahead and look up the payouts for the old DWCS. It was $5,000 win/show across the board. Nobody was special and got more than anybody else. 

Considering they've been paying $50,000 as a bonus for about twenty years now, I wouldn't say it's far fetched to think they're still paying the exact same thing to DWCS fighters. When you think about it that way, the answer to Megan's question is that this makes it so Bo gets to fight for $10,000 again, instead of getting a real paycheck for his second fight. Pretty sure I've heard that there was a clause in the contracts, so he can't just go fight for Bellator after that first DWCS fight. He's basically obligated to fight for another ten grand after he signs on to fight the first guy for ten grand. 

That's my best guess.

Yeah will be interesting to see once he signs how much he will get... guessing it has to be a step above a normal starters check since he is getting ratings