Jake Paul vs. Nate Diaz

Megasoup

This is being bantered about, but can we all agree that if Jake Paul can knock out Tyron Woodley and just the other night beat Anderson Silva in a striking contest, that Nate Diaz doesn't have a chance in hell here? 

Can we just all agree on that?  No poll necessary, and we can talk about this or anything else related to this topic...but we all have to agree that while most of us here would follow the videos, interviews, stories and hype surrounding such a match, this would be a completely unnecessary contest, whose outcome is undeniable and unwavering.  

Jake should just go fight actual boxers 

Nate should have the skillset to beat Jake, but I wouldn't put it passed the judges to give Jake every round like they did against Anderson (still don't understand how he didn't win).

Nate doesn't really lose much even if he does lose. The build up and in fight antics would be great from Nate.

52 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Anderson was the better fighter, he's just old and didn't throw enough volume. 

Nate sucks and Jake has some skills but I could see Nate jab and out cardio Paul.

How many rounds do you think they agree to?

Diaz would be fine in 12, but I would imagine Paul would only agree to 8 like against Anderson.

• Like 1

Diaz will lack power, volume, ... and you know he's gonna be clowning- Jake is 25 and has taken no damage in his 6 fight career .

Nate is 37 and hasn't had a TKO since 2013  (the Ultimate Fighter)-  Diaz is being exploited via his name and rabid stoner fanbase .

Nate knows this chit and he knows he will most likely lose .  His goals are to not get ko'd, go the distance, and get the big check .

** Look at it this way >  What is the chance of Diaz having the volume and durability over the distance that Anderson Silva showed ?

7 hours ago, Nyte said:

How many rounds do you think they agree to?

Diaz would be fine in 12, but I would imagine Paul would only agree to 8 like against Anderson.

The commission won't let boxers engage in 12 round bouts unless it's a for the title in one of the recognized organizations.  They probably can't do a 10 rounder either, because this would be Nate Diaz's first official boxing match (probably, I don't actually know whether or not Diaz has ever had a pro boxing match.) I don't think it would be a wise move, anyway.

Edited by Megasoup
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

This **** isn't happening.  Jake Paul will duck Nate Diaz and Mike Perry.  Nate vs Platinum for the BKFC main event with the 175 title on the line.  All hands and SuperBowl weekend.

Why do you think he'd duck Nate Diaz?  He just beat Anderson Silva, who is larger, a much better striker and a far, far better overall fighter than Nate Diaz.  

7 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

That fight was fixed.  You don't clown Chavez Jr and lose to Jake Paul.

We might have to accept that Jake Paul is becoming a very good boxer.  This isn't a tremendous leap, as both of the Paul brothers are very good athletes, and this sport has become Jake's obsession.  Also, the people who have competed against Jake, while they are very good, are handicapped enough that these become winnable fights; they're older and have never competed specifically as boxers. 

Another thing...while their fights with Jake have been pretty good paydays, none of these fighters were broke.  All of these MMA guys were millionaires already, they don't need to take fixed fights when they can take real fights for similar paydays, particularly if it would mean they would avoid looking a clown fighting someone people still view as a YouTube guy.   It wasn't like these were easy fights and they didn't take any damage.  

I'm not a fan, I don't like the guy.  But I give him credit for these fights.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Megasoup said:

We might have to accept that Jake Paul is becoming a very good boxer.  This isn't a tremendous leap, as both of the Paul brothers are very good athletes, and this sport has become Jake's obsession.  Also, the people who have competed against Jake, while they are very good, are handicapped enough that these become winnable fights; they're older and have never competed specifically as boxers. 

Another thing...while their fights with Jake have been pretty good paydays, none of these fighters were broke.  All of these MMA guys were millionaires already, they don't need to take fixed fights when they can take real fights for similar paydays, particularly if it would mean they would avoid looking a clown fighting someone people still view as a YouTube guy.   It wasn't like these were easy fights and they didn't take any damage.  

I'm not a fan, I don't like the guy.  But I give him credit for these fights.  

Tyron was actually broke as ****.  That came directly out of his mouth basically.  He said as champion he thought those paydays were going to be there forever and then Marty took his title and his PPV points.  After that Woodley was destroyed 3 more times.

Those kneegrows can't leave the house without 2 million dollars worth of jewelry on.

1 hour ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Tyron was actually broke as ****.  That came directly out of his mouth basically.  He said as champion he thought those paydays were going to be there forever and then Marty took his title and his PPV points.  After that Woodley was destroyed 3 more times.

Those kneegrows can't leave the house without 2 million dollars worth of jewelry on.

That weakens part of my argument, but not a part that matters.   He got knocked out, that was legitimate; he didn't take a dive.  So that means Jake Paul is at least THAT good.  It's reasonable that with those skills, and his youth and work ethic, he could put on a better fight over the course of 6 rounds against a 47 year-old Anderson Silva. 

It doesn't take anything away from Anderson Silva.  It's been more than 16 years since a prime Anderson SIlva blew through a prime Rich Franklin and went on that amazing run; undefeated in the UFC and champion for 7 years, 16 straight wins in the UFC fighting the best that was alive and competing.  He was age 31 when he entered the UFC and he was age 38 before he started losing.   He was the greatest while his age allowed for it, and then bad injury and father time took turns with him.  He's had losses since then, but they were mostly decision losses and they were usually against the best in the world.  

His last three contests, though...they aren't so good for his legacy, particularly this Jake Paul fight. If he would've stopped him, it would have been one hell of feather in his cap, might've helped redeem some of those losses he's piled up in this later part of his career.  I don't think he took a dive in this fight for a few extra bucks, I think it was just too much of a fight for the aging Silva to win.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

Hory sheet.

He's got huge cajones.

As soon as he fights a legit wrestler he's cooked though.

Nah, Jake is gonna hire Paddy Pimblett judges

He'll go undefeated even though he'll get controlled for 14:55 of the fight

47 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

FFL entries are open, as well as other threads 

Great! Where do I sign up to join? In the FFL thread or the Official Guitar Thread?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

Hory sheet.

He's got huge cajones.

As soon as he fights a legit wrestler he's cooked though.

Actually, those Paul boys were pretty good wrestlers in high school.  His brother Logan went to State and placed, I don't remember what place he finished (I ain't googlin' that shipt.). I think this dude is going to go beat at least a few fighters with some je ne sais quoi.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nyte said:

Nah, Jake is gonna hire Paddy Pimblett judges

He'll go undefeated even though he'll get controlled for 14:55 of the fight

Great! Where do I sign up to join? In the FFL thread or the Official Guitar Thread?

M8 dont let the Paddy judges keep your bum hurt all this year too.

Or maybe you can use that hurt bum as motivation for your 5lb a month plan.

14 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

M8 dont let the Paddy judges keep your bum hurt all this year too.

Or maybe you can use that hurt bum as motivation for your 5lb a month 

Smh. Why even mention that second part?

My bad man, I didn't realize Paddy's nuts were that deep down your throat

Must have really triggered you to the point you had to find an insult from the fitness thread 

Go ahead and mark this confused now

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Actually, those Paul boys were pretty good wrestlers in high school.  His brother Logan went to State and placed, I don't remember what place he finished (I ain't googlin' that shipt.). I think this dude is going to go beat at least a few fighters with some je ne sais quoi.  

If by je ne c'est quoi you mean favorable matchmaking, fighting smaller/older people.. yes.

What he's done thus far has been slightly impressive. On a scale of 1-10, it's a 4. Simply signing a contract with PFL doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be good at MMA. Look at Clarissa Shields. Champion boxer, managed to get humped for a majority of a fight by a random potato everybody involved hand-picked for her.

Paul's been called out by Jeremy Stephens, Anthony Pettis, small people. lol.. While those guys are established fighters, they're both at the ending of their careers and much smaller than him. The great thing about the PFL though is they have total potatoes in their heavier divisions. (They have no MW division, if I remember right.) Their million dollar winner frequently would not beat a top fifteener in the UFC. There are win-able fights there if he has even half of the ability in a cage that he has in a boxing ring. But then again, he's calling out an inflated lightweight, so who knows? If he does fight someone who should probably be at 155, as a guy who should probably be fighting middleweights, I'm gonna have a problem rating that as something too impressive again.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nyte said:

Smh. Why even mention that second part?

My bad man, I didn't realize Paddy's nuts were that deep down your throat

Must have really triggered you to the point you had to find an insult from the fitness thread 

Go ahead and mark this confused now

No insults homes, just a bit of banter as Bubba the pram pusher would say. 

• 2 weeks later...