THIS ticks me off! The Irritation Thread; The Venting Thread

Megasoup

I'm surprised we don't have one of these.  I've only just thought about it, and it seems so necessary.  Here's what got it started:

I had a perfectly good iphone, still have it, but I "upgraded" a couple months ago because a smooth-talking salesman built value and here I am.  This doesn't happen often, but it did a couple months ago, and now I have a slightly newer iphone.  Anyway...

...the phone constantly automatically dims to a degree where I can't even see it.  Like, it literally will do it within minutes after I adjust it to a normal setting.   I find that I'm on this thing way more than I should, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here.  I don't like screwing around with my phone all the time, constantly tapping and adjusting and going from page to page and logging into this and logging into that and switching screens.  It's not fun to me.  You want to go on a 30 mile bike ride or paddle down a river?  Alright.  Dance some salsa with some chicks in their 20s, get drunk and maybe screw one of them?  Sure.  Geeking out on a phone and being fascinated by the latest apps?  No.  That's not it. 

So I'll endure it a little, whatever I'm trying to look at, if I'm using the map or looking at my account information or responding to a text or whatever.  The industry has certainly found a way to have us all locked into place, staring at our phones.  I don't feel like making the process even longer by tapping my phone, swiping to settings, clicking, clicking on whatever and then clicking on whatever after that, then adjusting the brightness.  But I can't freaking see!  Every freaking time I looked at my phone, I had to adjust the brightness, and within a revolution or two of the clocks second hand, I'd have to readjust it again.  Ridiculous and unnecessary, and I cannot imagine there's a reasonable explanation which exists.  

I finally broke down, googled "how to stop iphone from dimming" and fixed it permanently.  It didn't take long.  BUT...

..,why did I have to research that?  I'm not trying to research my phone, dude.  I'm not a phone scientist.  I have no interest in trying to be "good" at my phone, I'm not a freaking dork.  Why did that problem exist in the first place?  Dimly lit phones?  WTF?  Is there a widespread demand out there of people who prefer to barely see the crap that's on their phones?  They like it dim?  They like to read books from across the room of a single candlelight or something?  Or is there some deckhead out there who thought this would be funny?  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

Hell, I thought I'd try something different, but I guess it wasn't so different after all.  

Basically, the whole fora is for venting. 

I made a similar mistake once when I tried to create a forum 'roast' thread and it was pointed out that the whole fora exists for that purpose. 

It was a solid effort though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People who walk the dogs on retractable leash and let the dog go like a mile from them but hey “the dog is on the leash” 

People riding bikes on the bike lane but instead of being inside the lane they ride literally on the line!!!

People that are txting me back and fourth within seconds but when I decide to call them they don’t pick up the phone

• Like 2

8 hours ago, skillandpower said:

People who walk the dogs on retractable leash and let the dog go like a mile from them but hey “the dog is on the leash” 

People riding bikes on the bike lane but instead of being inside the lane they ride literally on the line!!!

People that are txting me back and fourth within seconds but when I decide to call them they don’t pick up the phone

Ok boomer

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I honestly think every bloke over the age of 29 feels like they're in their late 20s.

Do you mean *39?

Cause 29 years would definitely mkle you feel like you're in your late 20s m8 lol.

I'm also 29 years old, which means in a year, I can say I have spent three different decades of my life on this forum.

Ooooooooof

Edit - nevermind, on a second read, I'm an idiot. Disregard the first stanzas of this post 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On second thought,  im gonna add to your thread, Soup. Things that irritate or annoy me off top of my head:

-when people say "me personally" before they describe their opinion on something. 

-when lights are left on unnecessarily (in the house)

-people who drive 55-60mph in the left lane

-Gum. Just in general, I've never chewed gum and find it revolting (probably an unpopular opinion). People that chew it obnoxiously with their mouth open. Even just blowing bubbles. **** is nasty. Not to mention, people in general throw their gum everywhere but a trash can.

-People who don't put up the divider at the checkout. 

-People who ask if they can go in front of you at the checkout line "cause they only have a few items" when there's clearly three or four open self-checkouts, but they're lazy to walk to them and/or are too incompetent on using them

-People who take their sweet ****ing time at self-checkouts. Not that complicated pal

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Nyte said:

-People who don't put up the divider at the checkout. 

-People who ask if they can go in front of you at the checkout line "cause they only have a few items" when there's clearly three or four open self-checkouts, but they're lazy to walk to them and/or are too incompetent on using them

IRONICALLY, I went to the grocery store today and these two things transpired... but not verbatim on my post lol.

Guy in front of me was holding two items. Two small **** items in the same hand

Lady in front of him let him go in front of her (nice lady). Yet, I look at the self-checkout stands and they're completely empty. Yet this guy would rather stand in line for an extra 5-10min just to wait for the cashier to checkout his two items. I did irrationally get irritated at this

Secondly the divider - the lady in front of me did the opposite of my post. Not only did she put the divider up right away, she looked back and made direct eye contact with me and then made a hand gesture to show there's space I can put my stuff there. Such a pleasant lady.

This thread works in mysterious ways I tell you.

Edited by Nyte
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 3:19 AM, Megasoup said:

I'm surprised we don't have one of these.  I've only just thought about it, and it seems so necessary.  Here's what got it started:

I had a perfectly good iphone, still have it, but I "upgraded" a couple months ago because a smooth-talking salesman built value and here I am.  This doesn't happen often, but it did a couple months ago, and now I have a slightly newer iphone.  Anyway...

...the phone constantly automatically dims to a degree where I can't even see it.  Like, it literally will do it within minutes after I adjust it to a normal setting.   I find that I'm on this thing way more than I should, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here.  I don't like screwing around with my phone all the time, constantly tapping and adjusting and going from page to page and logging into this and logging into that and switching screens.  It's not fun to me.  You want to go on a 30 mile bike ride or paddle down a river?  Alright.  Dance some salsa with some chicks in their 20s, get drunk and maybe screw one of them?  Sure.  Geeking out on a phone and being fascinated by the latest apps?  No.  That's not it. 

So I'll endure it a little, whatever I'm trying to look at, if I'm using the map or looking at my account information or responding to a text or whatever.  The industry has certainly found a way to have us all locked into place, staring at our phones.  I don't feel like making the process even longer by tapping my phone, swiping to settings, clicking, clicking on whatever and then clicking on whatever after that, then adjusting the brightness.  But I can't freaking see!  Every freaking time I looked at my phone, I had to adjust the brightness, and within a revolution or two of the clocks second hand, I'd have to readjust it again.  Ridiculous and unnecessary, and I cannot imagine there's a reasonable explanation which exists.  

I finally broke down, googled "how to stop iphone from dimming" and fixed it permanently.  It didn't take long.  BUT...

..,why did I have to research that?  I'm not trying to research my phone, dude.  I'm not a phone scientist.  I have no interest in trying to be "good" at my phone, I'm not a freaking dork.  Why did that problem exist in the first place?  Dimly lit phones?  WTF?  Is there a widespread demand out there of people who prefer to barely see the crap that's on their phones?  They like it dim?  They like to read books from across the room of a single candlelight or something?  Or is there some deckhead out there who thought this would be funny?  

I am right there with ya, Soup. It’s intention is to auto adjust to the ambient lighting in your surroundings be that natural or artificial light, and ultimately reduce eye strain. I always found it irritating and had to find out how to keep it at max brightness at all times. I couldn’t see what was on my screen for the life of me otherwise.  But you’re right. If someone goes into a setting and turns it up or down, it should damn we’ll stay that way! Clearly I don’t like what the phone is doing left to it’s own devices. Annoying to say the least. 

On 11/28/2022 at 10:00 PM, Nyte said:

Do you mean *39?

Cause 29 years would definitely mkle you feel like you're in your late 20s m8 lol.

I'm also 29 years old, which means in a year, I can say I have spent three different decades of my life on this forum.

Ooooooooof

Edit - nevermind, on a second read, I'm an idiot. Disregard the first stanzas of this post 🤦‍♂️

We joined the exact same month. Possibly the same day. Did you always go by Nyte? There have been so many GUI updates on the fora that I don’t remember if you can change your initial username or not while keeping the same account, so I can’t tell. I hadn’t realized you were an OG. You’ve spent your best formative years here. Not sure that’s a good thing?! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Nyte said:

IRONICALLY, I went to the grocery store today and these two things transpired... but not verbatim on my post lol.

Guy in front of me was holding two items. Two small **** items in the same hand

Lady in front of him let him go in front of her (nice lady). Yet, I look at the self-checkout stands and they're completely empty. Yet this guy would rather stand in line for an extra 5-10min just to wait for the cashier to checkout his two items. I did irrationally get irritated at this

Secondly the divider - the lady in front of me did the opposite of my post. Not only did she put the divider up right away, she looked back and made direct eye contact with me and then made a hand gesture to show there's space I can put my stuff there. Such a pleasant lady.

This thread works in mysterious ways I tell you.

I always head right to the self check in any store. It's a God send.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, *BEG* said:

We joined the exact same month. Possibly the same day. Did you always go by Nyte? There have been so many GUI updates on the fora that I don’t remember if you can change your initial username or not while keeping the same account, so I can’t tell. I hadn’t realized you were an OG. You’ve spent your best formative years here. Not sure that’s a good thing?! 🤣

I was originally NyteRyder. Shortened it well long ago 

Yeah joined the fora at the tender age of 16. Was finishing up my junior year in high school.

I've had many forum hiatus', I started posting again regularly Jan or Feb of this year and before that, I probably averaged like < 25 posts in 2021 + 2020.