Jump to content

Something Interesting About UFC 282 …


skillandpower
 Share

Recommended Posts

First of all I think this card is actually stacked with a bunch of good bangers and a potential bunch of finishes and I dont see many of these fights being boring.

However, what caught my attention is that different from other PPVs cards it only got one title fight and not two …

The only thing I can think of is that the main event was perfectly planed so either Jan or Ankalev are the plan B to replace Jiri (interim title with Glover) or to replace Glover …

Well it might sound obvious but I wonder if baldy knows something already …

Anyways, if something like that happens what “fight replacement” would you rather watch ?

 

Edited by skillandpower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I just don’t understand why Glover couldn’t fight for the interim tho

That's what I'm wondering too 

He's already beaten Jan

Wonder if he was offered Ankalaev instead? Probably a worse match up for him? Idk, I hope he clears the air. 

Still developing on that end

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nyte said:

That's what I'm wondering too 

He's already beaten Jan

Wonder if he was offered Ankalaev instead? Probably a worse match up for him? Idk, I hope he clears the air. 

Still developing on that end

There is definitely something more to all this story.

I know Glover is a *** warrior but I hate to say it he probably ducked Ankalev and baldy told him to kick rocks instead because it simply makes no sense to remove Glover from the card and not give him the chance of an interim title until Jiri comes back

I think we gonna hear some drama soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2022 at 1:45 AM, skillandpower said:

First of all I think this card is actually stacked with a bunch of good bangers and a potential bunch of finishes and I dont see many of these fights being boring.

However, what caught my attention is that different from other PPVs cards it only got one title fight and not two …

The only thing I can think of is that the main event was perfectly planed so either Jan or Ankalev are the plan B to replace Jiri (interim title with Glover) or to replace Glover …

Well it might sound obvious but I wonder if baldy knows something already …

Anyways, if something like that happens what “fight replacement” would you rather watch ?

 

They wanted Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic for the interim title to headline this card.  Jon is asking for crazy money and Stipe might never fight again.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:24 PM, skillandpower said:

I just don’t understand why Glover couldn’t fight for the interim tho

Glover was training for an orthodox fighter.  Ankalaev is a southpaw.  Glover said he would fight an orthodox fighter in Jan on 2 weeks notice.  He said he would fight Ankalaev but in Brazil at UFC 283.  No one even knows who the **** Ankalaev is in the casual world.  Glover was denied.

 

On 11/23/2022 at 5:44 PM, skillandpower said:

There is definitely something more to all this story.

I know Glover is a *** warrior but I hate to say it he probably ducked Ankalev and baldy told him to kick rocks instead because it simply makes no sense to remove Glover from the card and not give him the chance of an interim title until Jiri comes back

I think we gonna hear some drama soon

There's no such thing as an interim title when the champion vacates the title.  Jiri is badly injured and not fighting anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ankalaev being the LHW champ would be the worst LHW champ since Jan. In terms of marketing. 

Speaking of which, Jan becoming the LHW champ again would be the worse LHW champ since Jan himself.

Idc who wins, but Jan or Ankalaev definitely are gonna be a fight night type of main event. Put them in UFC Austin defending against Glover or whoever the ****.

Nobody is paying to see either in a main event ppv. Much less Ankalaev.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...