Jahmal Hill

VertFTW

27 minutes ago, agtx said:

The LHW roster is stale that is why this guy got to the top so quick & he beat up a man who was too old for this **** & only one day from retirement. 

Are you talking about Shogun or Glover lol

2 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Well I think thats the purpose of the DWCS tho: to find talents ?

Close.

The purpose of DWCS is adding another program to the ESPN+ roster for 10 weeks or so of the year, and ensuring a really cheap production. The last time it was being published, the winners made ten grand and the losers made five. It's a cheap two hours of fights for them to put on. Plain and simple.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Close.

The purpose of DWCS is adding another program to the ESPN+ roster for 10 weeks or so of the year, and ensuring a really cheap production. The last time it was being published, the winners made ten grand and the losers made five. It's a cheap two hours of fights for them to put on. Plain and simple.

Yes it does make sense

2 hours ago, agtx said:

The LHW roster is stale that is why this guy got to the top so quick & he beat up a man who was too old for this **** & only one day from retirement. 

The LHW used to be the most exciting division back in the days and now is the most pathetic along with 125ers honestly 

• Like 1

I think where i was going with this thread is how come this guy had to go through DWCS if he was this good his agent should have made a deal with dana based on prospect status...but i guess that is why dana did DWCS(to circumvent due process)

Edited by VertFTW

4 hours ago, VertFTW said:

I think where i was going with this thread is how come this guy had to go through DWCS if he was this good his agent should have made a deal with dana based on prospect status...but i guess that is why dana did DWCS(to circumvent due process)

Bo Nickal had to go through DWCS, and he has more hype than anybody ever.

• Like 3

Hill was 5-0 when he got a shot on DWCS. His most recent win at that point was over a guy with a record of 5-6. After that win, Hill's wins were over two guys with losing records and two with 0-0 records. He had exactly one meaningful win in his life. Almost nobody gets to leap right into the UFC after five can crusher fights, and exactly one worthwhile win in their career.

It would have actually been super strange if he got to leap right on to the roster. I don't know if OP is stupid or just doesn't understand how this **** works.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Hill was 5-0 when he got a shot on DWCS. His most recent win at that point was over a guy with a record of 5-6. After that win, Hill's wins were over two guys with losing records and two with 0-0 records. He had exactly one meaningful win in his life. Almost nobody gets to leap right into the UFC after five can crusher fights, and exactly one worthwhile win in their career.

It would have actually been super strange if he got to leap right on to the roster. I don't know if OP is stupid or just doesn't understand how this **** works.

From past experience, i suggest both of the above.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

From past experience, i suggest both of the above.

Seems like it.

This thread is basically "Why didn't Baldie sign this guy to fight for twenty grand instead of ten in his first fight, when he had a huge win over Dequan Townsend already?"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Bo Nickal had to go through DWCS, and he has more hype than anybody ever.

good post, yeah Bo is a way bigger example of guys that are good enough not to NEED to be on a Danas scam DWCS but here we are. Im pretty sure Bo has decent representation right now so feels like these fighters are waaaaaaaay underleveraged to do anything.

On 1/22/2023 at 3:41 PM, skillandpower said:

The LHW used to be the most exciting division back in the days and now is the most pathetic along with 125ers honestly 

Yes and no.  

Remember, Israel Adesanya moved up to fight for the title and got annihilated.  He didn't have a chance, and no one else would, either.  A lot of Heavyweights wouldn't do well at 205, either.  

And it's even better than it appears.  The big problem is they're keeping all these over the hill stars in the title picture, wringing the last dollar out of them, when there's a lot of young and hungry, athletic and able talent that these guys aren't fighting.   

We get one of these young athletes to fight for the title, someone whose in the middle of the pack, and he wins.  Why'd they choose him for the title?  I don't know, but maybe they thought he was going to lose, keeping the title in the hands of a star.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

LOL I just saw that and I’m not surprised that call out would happen.

Pereira is my home boy (literally from my hometown) but he needs to do his homework work at 185 first. He just won the title and needs to defend it at least once or twice ffs

Alex would need to do damage early or he'll lose to Hlil's volume and gas tank -  I'm concerned about the precedent the UFC set w/ Moreno/ Figueiredo,

...... Pereira vs Adesanya IV  ?  I personally don't ever want to watch another Adesanya fight .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Alex would need to do damage early or he'll lose to Hlil's volume and gas tank -  I'm concerned about the precedent the UFC set w/ Moreno/ Figueiredo,

...... Pereira vs Adesanya IV  ?  I personally don't ever want to watch another Adesanya fight .

I usually agree with all your opinions mate but Hill could not finish a grandpa so why would Pereira have a problem going 5 rounds with him when he finished Izzy on the 5th ?

I agree: not interested on Pereira vs Izzy rematch either

• Like 1