Best trash talker in the UFC

VertFTW

26 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Not so much ‘Trash talking’

But Sean Strickland and Colby are leading by a country mile 

Colby was good but since he got beat down by masvidal he has not been the same.

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Not so much ‘Trash talking’

But Sean Strickland and Colby are leading by a country mile 

They're both putting on facades.

Sean plays the "guy who who says everything on his mind mixed with every curse word in the dictionary"

Colby plays a classic heel. Though, I feel his gimmick is tired at this point and he's super annoying

Best trash talker is Dominick Cruz. As long as he's on the roster and still fighting, it's Dom. His ability to get under his opponents skin with his higher IQ-trash talk is top tier. It's Dom.

• Like 2

There are levels to this chit.....

Strickland and Colby are bang average.  Colby's heel gimmick combined with "clever" names all sounds a bit rehearsed.  Strickland talks, looks and indeed fights like a poor man's Michael Bisping.

Conor and Chael in their prime were GOATs.  Conor was the more spontaneous of the two, and in his earlier days genuinely just seemed to be having a laugh about everything.  His interaction and banter with the fans was second to none (Who the fook is that guy, plus the Eddie Alvarez voice crack q&a). Chael had these killer pre-planned lines that he delivered with panache, and were almost WWE-esque in terms of the pop he got.

But @Nyte is right. Cruz would just persistently and repetitively tell people the facts of why they were garbage and he would beat them easily. He took it to another level.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Strickland and Colby are bang average.  Colby's heel gimmick combined with "clever" names all sounds a bit rehearsed.  Strickland talks, looks and indeed fights like a poor man's Michael Bisping.

Conor and Chael in their prime were GOATs.  Conor was the more spontaneous of the two, and in his earlier days genuinely just seemed to be having a laugh about everything.  His interaction and banter with the fans was second to none (Who the fook is that guy, plus the Eddie Alvarez voice crack q&a). Chael had these killer pre-planned lines that he delivered with panache, and were almost WWE-esque in terms of the pop he got.

But @Nyte is right. Cruz would just persistently and repetitively tell people the facts of why they were garbage and he would beat them easily. He took it to another level.

It's even more impressive considering Cruz had all those ACL tears, a long time off, 4 years(?), and not to mention TJ could have been using EPO or whatever during that time, and Cruz still got the W in the talk and the fight.

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Cruz is good but hes not really relevant anymore...so who is the best right now?

• Thanks 1

There is no good trash talkers rn

off the top of my head I’d say strickland and colby. Maybe Paulo but he can barely speak english. Jones?? Sean???

Most of these guys are mid. Nobody in the ufc knows how to trash talk or sell a fight anymore.

look at these current/former champs/ic 

Adesanya: cringe as ****

gane: nice guy

usman: old man boring trash talk not funny just cringe

pereria: can’t speak a word of english

Leon: nice guy cringe when tries to trash talk 

Volk: nice guy

islam: inbred 

Aljo: cringe 

Porier: cringe

nobody knows how to put together a good insult or joke. 

I would have to say colby though.

• Like 1

TO me a trash talker is someone who;

1. Has good english/good mic skills/ not nervous in front of crowds

2. Can rile up a opponent to the point where their mic skills can alter a opponent to their advantage

3. Can rile up fans negative or positive(live in stadium or on the internet)

4. Tells things like they are even if its against their own boss or views are against the conventions

5. creativeness

6. comedy aspects

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

2. Can rile up a opponent to the point where their mic skills can alter a opponent to their advantage

4. Tells things like they are even if its against their own boss or views are against the conventions

5. creativeness

6. comedy aspects

I like these.

I'm gonna score all the proposed trash-talkers out of 10 in each category and report back to the fora.

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

5. creativeness

6. comedy aspects

So Sean Strickland and Colby

Cheers

• Haha 1

I'll start with Strickland.

1. English/mic skills: 7 (can string a few sentences together)

2. Riles up opponents: 3 (can't recall anyone getting mad at him)

3. Riles up fans: 3 (most people are pretty meh on Strickland)

4. Tells things like it is: 8 (that's kind of his gimmick)

5. Creativeness: 2 (his whole thing is basically i tell it how i see it)

6. Comedy aspects: 5 (he's averagely funny)

Total: 28

Next up: Colby

1. English/mic skills: 6 (can also string a few sentences together, but tends to blather a bit)

2. Riles up opponents: 7 (Definitely got Masvidal a bit hot under the collar. Possibly Usman too)

3. Riles up fans: 6 (To a point, although most people can see through his heel turn)

4. Tells things like it is: 5 (not so much. Plays on the whole heel thing too much)

5. Creativeness: 6 (Good at nicknames tbf)

6. Comedy aspects: 3 (he's not actually funny at all)

Total: 33

• Like 2

Prime Jon Jones

1. English/mic skills: 5 (Fairly articulate, tells a good story)

2. Riles up opponents: 8 (If he got every opponent worked up like DC, it would be a 10...)

3. Riles up fans: 8 (Massively polarising fighter in his prime)

4. Tells things like it is: 7 (Kind of. But also a bit bipolar)

5. Creativeness: 4 (Not at all. Pretty standard fair, although the "Hey ****, are you there" was good)

6. Comedy aspects: 4 (he's not really funny either)

Total: 36

Cruz

1. English/mic skills: 9 (Very articulate, can talk for days)

2. Riles up opponents: 9 (I mean...Cody wanted to come next door and fight him. Faber also fought sloppy)

3. Riles up fans: 4 (Fighting style made a lot of people meh...)

4. Tells things like it is: 9 (That's his weapon really)

5. Creativeness: 2 (Pretty standard stuff)

6. Comedy aspects: 6 (not hilarious, but keep your fling on a string was  amusing)

Total: 39

• Haha 1

Chael

1. English/mic skills: 10 (Never stutters, always got a line)

2. Riles up opponents: 6 (Not so much, apart from Tito and Wanderlei...but anyone can rile Tito. His talk was mainly about himself)

3. Riles up fans: 5 (Only Brazillian ones)

4. Tells things like it is: 7 (To a point)

5. Creativeness: 9 (Very creative. Even though a lot sounds rehearsed, still clever stuff)

6. Comedy aspects: 7 (Not hilarious, and there are a few swings and misses. But much funnier than most fighters today)

Total: 44

• Like 1

Conor (before he became a twat)

1. English/mic skills: 9 (Always speaks well, when not coked up)

2. Riles up opponents: 10 (Pretty much everyone since Max has been pissed at him)

3. Riles up fans: 10 (Arguably the most polarising fighter ever)

4. Tells things like it is: 6 (Even when he was trash-talking Faber, he was telling him the truth! Bit deluded at times though)

5. Creativeness: 8 (High level. Red panty night is adopted fora speak, for example)

6. Comedy aspects: 9 (Pre Khabib Conor was hilarious. I miss that guy :()

Total: 52

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That's all i can be bothered with for now. So in summary:-

1. Conor (52)

2. Chael (44)

3. Cruz (39)

4. Jones (36)

5. Colby (33)

6. Strickland (28)

Shows how much trash-talking has fallen away tbh.  Who else should we rank? CCC? Holland?

Bubba clearly defined everyone to the point we will adopt this as the official list

I would add for Chael - he definitely got under Anderson Silva both times

For first fight - Anderson made it a point to try to sub him cause Chael kept ragging on Big Nog and their jiu-jitsu.

And for the second fight, Anderson popped him with his shoulder at weigh-ins. And immediately when the fight started, Anderson went in hot throwing a combo, just to get taken down immediately. He def got under Anderson's skin more than any other of Anderson's opponents.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

None of these guys can talk. It's brutal. 

Also this

Besides what Bubba pointed out - trash talk is weak amongst everyone

Everyone tried copying Conor's style and just end up embarrassing themselves at press conferences. Kevin Lee x Michael Chiesa cringeworthy "Don't talk bout my mama" immediately comes to mind

• Like 3

Just now, Nyte said:

Also this

Besides what Bubba pointed out - trash talk is weak amongst everyone

Everyone tried copying Conor's style and just end up embarrassing themselves at press conferences. Kevin Lee x Michael Chiesa cringeworthy "Don't talk bout my mama" immediately comes to mind

He didn't even say anything negative about his Mama either. Chiesa just had a breakdown for hearing about her at all. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nyte said:

Bubba clearly defined everyone to the point we will adopt this as the official list

I would add for Chael - he definitely got under Anderson Silva both times

For first fight - Anderson made it a point to try to sub him cause Chael kept ragging on Big Nog and their jiu-jitsu.

And for the second fight, Anderson popped him with his shoulder at weigh-ins. And immediately when the fight started, Anderson went in hot throwing a combo, just to get taken down immediately. He def got under Anderson's skin more than any other of Anderson's opponents.

True, i should change it to Tito plus Brazillians in general

16 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

He didn't even say anything negative about his Mama either. Chiesa just had a breakdown for hearing about her at all. lol

Lol, i just watched that clip for nostalgia. Hadn't noticed before that Joanne Calderwood looks at Chiesa with a strange mix of pity and disgust. 

That whole fight was brutally embarrassing for Chiesa. Got in a tizz because Lee mentioned his mother, then walked straight into an overhand right, then got choked out in the fight but claimed he wasn't out and was just flexing his neck. And he did it all with a mullet...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

True, i should change it to Tito plus Brazillians in general

Lol, i just watched that clip for nostalgia. Hadn't noticed before that Joanne Calderwood looks at Chiesa with a strange mix of pity and disgust. 

That whole fight was brutally embarrassing for Chiesa. Got in a tizz because Lee mentioned his mother, then walked straight into an overhand right, then got choked out in the fight but claimed he wasn't out and was just flexing his neck. And he did it all with a mullet...

Say what you want about MTP, but he properly retired Michael Chiesa.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That's all i can be bothered with for now. So in summary:-

1. Conor (52)

2. Chael (44)

3. Cruz (39)

4. Jones (36)

5. Colby (33)

6. Strickland (28)

Shows how much trash-talking has fallen away tbh.  Who else should we rank? CCC? Holland?

Look I appreciate all of that work.

It's Chael and prime Conor.  No one else is even close.  Personally I have to say Chael was better than any version of Conor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Three more for you:-

Triple C

1. English/mic skills: 6 (Quite fluent for a Mexican i suppose)

2. Riles up opponents: 6 (Not much; his shtick is so extreme nobody seems that fussed)

3. Riles up fans: 5 (Nobody gets riled up by a midget)

4. Tells things like it is: 4 (Not really. Doesn't say much apart from "kiss the ring")

5. Creativeness: 5 (See above. Gets a bonus point for proposing he could be the intergender champ)

6. Comedy aspects: 3 (Honestly don't remember laughing at anything he says)

Total: 29

Kevin Holland

1. English/mic skills: 7 (Talks well, even when fighting)

2. Riles up opponents: 3 (Don't think he really tries to do this)

3. Riles up fans: 3 (See above)

4. Tells things like it is: 8 (Does tend to highlight his weaknesses quite readily)

5. Creativeness: 9 (The whole talking during the fight was maybe not original, but being in empty arenas during covid gave him a bit of a platform. Fair play.)

6. Comedy aspects: 8 (I guess he overdoes the in-fight talking, but a lot of stuff was genuinely funny at the time. Even his opponents laugh)

Total: 38

• Like 1

Paddy Pimblett

1. English/mic skills: 8 (Speaks well, even if you yanks can't understand a word he actually says)

2. Riles up opponents: 6 (Not universally, but seems to annoy people he's not actually fighting)

3. Riles up fans: 7 (Clearly gets a pop. Suspect he has a growing band of detractors)

4. Tells things like it is: 6 (Would have scored him higher, but he became delusional after his last fight)

5. Creativeness: 5 (Not really doing anything nobody has done before)

6. Comedy aspects: 5 (He's a good lad, but he's not exactly a comedy genius)

Total: 37

Yeah, Strickland isn't a trash-talker at all; he's mainly an incoherent idiot.

In the interests of completeness, I'm removing him completely, and adding two more legendary trash talkers:

Michael Bisping

1. English/mic skills: 8 (See Paddy's entry)

2. Riles up opponents: 8 (Got under a lot of fighters skin; Yolo, the dude he spat at, GSP, Hendo, Rockhold)

3. Riles up fans: 8 (Behind Jones and Mcgregor, probably the most polarising fighter on here. @OzPride and @agtx are still rustled by the fact he won the belt)

4. Tells things like it is: 7 (Pretty honest straight-up guy. )

5. Creativeness: 3 (His talking was about as creative as his striking tbh)

6. Comedy aspects: 8 (No killer one-liners, but came into his own in the pre-fight banter)

Total: 42

Nate Diaz

1. English/mic skills: 4 (Barely coherent even before being punched in the head multiple times)

2. Riles up opponents: 7 (Definitely rustled Conor. Could rise to the occasion)

3. Riles up fans: 5 (Not particularly polarising. Often people's 2nd favourite Diaz, and nobody hated him that much)

4. Tells things like it is: 8 (Pretty much )

5. Creativeness: 4 (Nate's not the smartest)

6. Comedy aspects: 7 (Mainly incoherent, but came out with the odd killer line over time (playing touch-butt with that dork in the park, for example)

Total: 35

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, Strickland isn't a trash-talker at all; he's mainly an incoherent idiot.

In the interests of completeness, I'm removing him completely, and adding two more legendary trash talkers:

Michael Bisping

1. English/mic skills: 8 (See Paddy's entry)

2. Riles up opponents: 8 (Got under a lot of fighters skin; Yolo, the dude he spat at, GSP, Hendo, Rockhold)

3. Riles up fans: 8 (Behind Jones and Mcgregor, probably the most polarising fighter on here. @OzPride and @agtx are still rustled by the fact he won the belt)

4. Tells things like it is: 7 (Pretty honest straight-up guy. )

5. Creativeness: 3 (His talking was about as creative as his striking tbh)

6. Comedy aspects: 8 (No killer one-liners, but came into his own in the pre-fight banter)

Total: 42

Nate Diaz

1. English/mic skills: 4 (Barely coherent even before being punched in the head multiple times)

2. Riles up opponents: 7 (Definitely rustled Conor. Could rise to the occasion)

3. Riles up fans: 5 (Not particularly polarising. Often people's 2nd favourite Diaz, and nobody hated him that much)

4. Tells things like it is: 8 (Pretty much )

5. Creativeness: 4 (Nate's not the smartest)

6. Comedy aspects: 7 (Mainly incoherent, but came out with the odd killer line over time (playing touch-butt with that dork in the park, for example)

Total: 35

Hmm seems like you short changed nate..his "youve taken everything ive worked for" line was brilliant..he should get more points in 5 , 4 2 and 3 imo

1 hour ago, slam72 said:

I know who the leader of the uk is and am the one with zero IQ. Good take dummy

Zero I.Q. confirmed. Arguing with two different people and not realising it.

Plus an installed puppet is not a leader by anyone's definition. More proof that scousers are deficient in every quality that encompasses a functioning member of society.