Sign in to follow this  
headon58

Submission of the Night????

I can't think he meant any disrespect by what he said. he's 22. He has alot to learn. He was in his UFC debut. I do know the kid and he is night and day from that out of the octagon. He's respectful, quiet, grateful for what he's been given by Nick and his sponsors. I am not him so I cant say why he said what he said. If there are reprocussions to him being an MMA fighter, who was pumped about about a **** who obviously doesnt know that you can break an arm in a armbar, then I guess he has it coming. Congrats Steve, can't wait until the next fight!

Threadz- To call Al Hassan a **** who doesn't know that you can break an arm in an armbar is just stupid. Remember he was in his UFC debut as well and obviously didn't want to tap. Face it Steve shouldn't have said what he said and hopefully he will just watch it in the future. I can't wait to see his next fight too, hopefully it's against an elite level fighter who'll knock his teeth out and then laugh his tits off about it in the post fight interview! And you probably don't even know Cantwell, that's sad

I dont have to prove my self to you. you believe what you believe. I even kinda cringed at what he said, and im sure the higher ups at the UFC already talked to him. The fact is I'm stoked for him. He has worked hard for what he has, and reguardless of popular opinion of him, I going to continue to root for the kid. If he has reprocussions from his actions they are on him, but im behind reguardless, because I DO know him. Thanks for your reply.

Bonehead comment...I've lost a lot of respect for Cantwell.

Go to his fighter profile for another comment:

Favorite grappling technique: Nothing in particular, but I do prefer to break something rather than putting someone to sleep.

Hey Steve, watch out for Karma's arm bar!