The Undercard of UFC 97

ricoj3323

The undercard for UFC 97 is just as stacked as the main card, it could be one of the most stacked and best undercards ever. The matchups have the potential to be real exciting and some of the fights on the undercard of UFC 97 could have easily been on the main cards of UFC 95 or UFC 96. I really hope all of these fights get televised because they are all worth watching

Here is the current UFC 97 undercard:

Denis Kang vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokum: this fight will be great because Kang will look to bounce back but Xavier Foupa- Pokum is no joke man, hes got some good hands

Jason MacDonald vs. Nate Quarry: this fight will no doubt be exciting because both of these guys bring it no matter what.

David Loiseau vs. Ed Herman: Who wouldnt want to see the return of The Crow??

Mark Bocek vs. David Bielkheden: fast paced grappling type of fight with alot of scrambling

Ryo Chonan vs. TJ Grant: TJ Grant is real good and i cant wait for his debut, this kid has alot of talent

Matt Wiman vs. Sam Stout: very exciting lightweight matchup, this fight will be a back and forth battle and it could go either way

Yeah' date=' if the old Crow, and the real Kang show up, those are two guys I hope we get to see during the PPV at some point.[/quote']

The "real Kang" showed up in his last fight. He was dominating it till he got caught. It happens. If they fight 99 more times, Kang would probably win them all.

The "real Kang" showed up in his last fight. He was dominating it till he got caught. It happens. If they fight 99 more times' date=' Kang would probably win them all.[/quote']

I agree that Kang is certainly head and shoulders above Belcher. however, the real kang has been finding ways to lose recently. He had a twenty-plus fight streak without a loss and has been around .500 recently. I don't know what his problem mentally is but he has no business not running through most of the UFC 185 division. He might actually be the most talented fighter in the division outside of Silva and Marquardt. he matches up reasonably well with Anderson too. after seeing him jump into a sub against mousasi and then Belcher too, when there is really no question about his BJJ I kind of wonder if he could beat Belcher 99 times. something mentally needs to turn around for this guy. He is so talented that it's ridiculous to lose to subpar japanese guys and Belcher. him and Mousasi should go either way but it finished prematurely.

Ya TJ Grant in my Muay Thai and BJJ trainer....hes really good and hes an insane wrestler. I cant F'IN WAIT!!!!!!!

sometimes being awesome in smaller shows doesn't translate into UFC success. I hope for the guy but I want to see him first. Bocek was supposed to walk through alot of the lesser LWs in the UFC and it didn't happen. although, I think he hasn't been fighting at his potential either.

sometimes being awesome in smaller shows doesn't translate into UFC success. I hope for the guy but I want to see him first. Bocek was supposed to walk through alot of the lesser LWs in the UFC and it didn't happen. although' date=' I think he hasn't been fighting at his potential either.[/quote']

This is so true. Not too many Aussies make the UFC but a guy from our gym had a bash a year or so ago. It was really awful! He's such a legend at home, I would have thought he would have made a great showing.

I'm looking forward to Jason MacDonald vs. Nate Quarry, I think it will be an exciting fight.

This is so true. Not too many Aussies make the UFC but a guy from our gym had a bash a year or so ago. It was really awful! He's such a legend at home' date=' I would have thought he would have made a great showing.

I'm looking forward to Jason MacDonald vs. Nate Quarry, I think it will be an exciting fight.[/quote']

Thats a good call. Potential to be an exciting fight. Quarry hits hard, Macdonald SUBs out of nowhere...

Was Elvis Sinosic from Australia?

Thats a good call. Potential to be an exciting fight. Quarry hits hard' date=' Macdonald SUBs out of nowhere...

Was Elvis Sinosic from Australia?[/quote']

Yeah, although some like to claim Elvis, some don't. I think it's an Aussie thing, we tend to put our best down unless they are really achieving. He has a gym here with Anthony Perosh. Sorry for the hijack.

Yeah' date=' although some like to claim Elvis, some don't. I think it's an Aussie thing, we tend to put our best down unless they are really achieving. He has a gym here with Anthony Perosh. Sorry for the hijack.[/quote']

Elvis is good tho. Its jsut really hard to keep a full time job and train to fight in the UFC at the same time. lol

Archived