rampage should be in jail

nameschoice40

ok so i have checked many articles on the whole rampage hissy fit for losin so he decides to play monster truck on highway and exist arrest. now being an american and lovin my country i thought i paid taxes and believed in a country that sticks to the law. if rampage was a regular guy like us on here (except for nyg1) they would have been sent to jail and still be in there. rampage being somewhat of a celebrity gets out and basically gets in no trouble. in other sports if something like this happens they are suspended. not good old rampage he gets a shot at wandi a top contendor at the belt. so rampage hit and ran what if there was a person in that car that got hurt and he ran off like a huge VA-j-j then exist arrest, and then the guy gets rewarded instead of punished by the ufc. now he is out there sayin who is good and who isnt good for the promotion! YOU SIR OR NO GOOD FOR THIS PROMOTION! the only cage rampage should be in is a cell and the only people he should be fightin is other convicts from makin him his b*tch. rampage=mike tyson a dominatin guy but with the mind of a child! also could be compared to master blaster in thunderdome

I suggest you look into this a little bit more before going of on a tirade. Rampage in fact pleaded guilty to charges of one felony count of evading a peace officer and driving against traffic and one misdemeanor count of driving recklessly.

Based on the negotiated plea agreement, Jackson could receive up to six months in jail and probation at his sentencing. Prior to sentencing, Jackson is required to complete 200 hours of community service, attend mental health therapy, pay restitution, and comply with other terms and conditions.

If he complies with all the terms and conditions within the year, the felony charge may be dropped, however the judge will have the discretion to still sentence him to probation or up to a maximum of six months.

He will be sentenced on Jan. 7, 2010.

I suggest you look into this a little bit more before going of on a tirade. Rampage in fact pleaded guilty to charges of one felony count of evading a peace officer and driving against traffic and one misdemeanor count of driving recklessly.

Based on the negotiated plea agreement' date=' Jackson could receive up to six months in jail and probation at his sentencing. Prior to sentencing, Jackson is required to complete 200 hours of community service, attend mental health therapy, pay restitution, and comply with other terms and conditions.

If he complies with all the terms and conditions within the year, the felony charge may be dropped, however the judge will have the discretion to still sentence him to probation or up to a maximum of six months.

He will be sentenced on Jan. 7, 2010.[/quote']

why isnt he in jail right now someone paid off his bail? if i hit an ran and existed arrest i would be in jail way longer then six months i feel. guy is a celebrity and will get off with nothin just like the rest of these people. i just dont see how the ufc just let him off scott free. guy should have been suspended for a fight if not more

You do know that Rampage was suffering from delusions brought on from complete dehydration. He was hospitalized and held for observation.

Rampage was bailed out by Dana. Contrary to what most people think, Dana cares a lot about his fighters and thinks of them as friends as well and did everything he could to make sure Rampage was given proper medical care and to make sure he was mentally sound.

If you have a problem with Rampage plea bargaining down his charges, don't take it up with him, take it up with the States Attorney Office.

first of all it's resisting arrest not existing arrest. If he existed arrest he wouldn't have charges at all. What are you talking about with celebrities getting off easy anyway. OJ is the only celebrity that ever got off easy and the legal system just more than made up for that recently. tyson got 4 years for rape, which is way more than you or I would have gotten if we would even have been convicted. even Paris Hilton went to jail for absolutely nothing. Martha Stewart did what everybody else with a fortune 500 company does and she went to jail. I guess Kobe Bryant got off with rape, but that's only because of shotty work from the DA. You are way off base my friend. not even in the realm of reality. Nice try on an entertaining thread but you are really bringing ignorance into the equation in a serious way.

Thanks for some sensible comments guys. If I had got here first I would have bust out with something like "this whole thread should go to the kitchen, open a drawer, grab a spoon, and eat my vanilla flavoured starfish"......

But that would be silly and slightly immature.

The whole point is, if someone has a mental breakdown they should get help. There are enough rapists, murderers, wife beaters, drug dealers, etc, to fill the jails over and over again. He has admitted what he has done, will do alot of community service, and will make ammends. To compare him to Tyson THE RAPIST is plain stupid. How is there any parity there? A victimless crime versus ruining a young womans whole life?!?!? Get a grip.

As for Dana letting him fight. His job is fighting. Any employer worth his salt (not to mention a friend) will do what he can to help his employee get over his demons. It would be terrible man-management not to. Sometimes the best idea is to throw him back in the deep end. And for the record Wandy was nowhere near being a title contender, and alot of champs that lose a decision would get a straight away rematch, Rampage got a fight with a hell of alot of emotional baggage, against someone who is nowhere near the title. Thats not throwing him a bone, thats seeing where his head is in terms of an asset to the company. Good business by Dana.

Brewster explains the finer points much better than me, but I had to get this off my chest. Ridiculous. It made me angry to even read some of the diatribe that was written.

And for the record ----- I would say the exact same thing had it been Matt Hughes, Ken Shamrock. or Tito Ortiz. All guys which I have gone on the record as saying I completely despise.

The same goes for all friends, family, and people I know, and even for any of you guys that at the moment are just avatars and monikers. Even guys that I disagree with on a regular basis (albeit usually over Bisping related issues! lol). Nobody should be judged with the extreme measure that has been suggested. There is no way what happened with Rampage should be talked about in the same breath as rapists, etc.....

Meh Rampage should just move to Canada. We dont have laws around here unless you rape, murder, sell heavy illegal narcotics such as cocaine, heroine, E or X etc., armed robbery and that is about it. Even if you get caught with a couple pounds of marijuana where I live there is a chance you wont do time.

You do know that Rampage was suffering from delusions brought on from complete dehydration. He was hospitalized and held for observation.

Rampage was bailed out by Dana. Contrary to what most people think' date=' Dana cares a lot about his fighters and thinks of them as friends as well and did everything he could to make sure Rampage was given proper medical care and to make sure he was mentally sound.

If you have a problem with Rampage plea bargaining down his charges, don't take it up with him, take it up with the States Attorney Office.[/quote']

Excuses.

ok so i have checked many articles on the whole rampage hissy fit for losin so he decides to play monster truck on highway and exist arrest. now being an american and lovin my country i thought i paid taxes and believed in a country that sticks to the law. if rampage was a regular guy like us on here (except for nyg1) they would have been sent to jail and still be in there. rampage being somewhat of a celebrity gets out and basically gets in no trouble. in other sports if something like this happens they are suspended. not good old rampage he gets a shot at wandi a top contendor at the belt. so rampage hit and ran what if there was a person in that car that got hurt and he ran off like a huge VA-j-j then exist arrest' date=' and then the guy gets rewarded instead of punished by the ufc. now he is out there sayin who is good and who isnt good for the promotion! YOU SIR OR NO GOOD FOR THIS PROMOTION! the only cage rampage should be in is a cell and the only people he should be fightin is other convicts from makin him his b*tch. rampage=mike tyson a dominatin guy but with the mind of a child! also could be compared to master blaster in thunderdome[/quote']

Perhaps he was running late and did the only sensible thing ie drive like a looney in order to get to his destination a minute or so earlier

Archived