Ufc99

Siam_Dornadair

Most MMA sites say 13 June.

I spoke to Lanxess Arena yesterday and they said the date is confirmed, but it did not put me at ease as their website sais nothing, the lady was German but helpful in English, but she could have believed I was talking about the wrestlemania there in May. She said pre-sale would start next week already and for me to check website, so it was a weird conversation all in all.

This from an article on UFC 100 and UFC 99: "White did not commit to a specific date for the German card, stating only that it would take place in June or July. Croatian striker Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic was also discussed as a potential competitor for the German event."

So I am holding off booking hotel and trainticket.

Stubhub (official ticketpartner) has nothing on UFC99 where UFC 100 is already mentioned.

I think there is alot of finalizing to be done. Surely this fightweekend the press will be all over White on 99, hope to hear something more definitive.

Most MMA sites say 13 June.

I spoke to Lanxess Arena yesterday and they said the date is confirmed' date=' but it did not put me at ease as their website sais nothing, the lady was German but helpful in English, but she could have believed I was talking about the wrestlemania there in May. She said pre-sale would start next week already and for me to check website, so it was a weird conversation all in all.

This from an article on UFC 100 and UFC 99: "White did not commit to a specific date for the German card, stating only that it would take place in June or July. Croatian striker Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic was also discussed as a potential competitor for the German event."

So I am holding off booking hotel and trainticket.

Stubhub (official ticketpartner) has nothing on UFC99 where UFC 100 is already mentioned.

I think there is alot of finalizing to be done. Surely this fightweekend the press will be all over White on 99, hope to hear something more definitive.[/quote']

Thanks for the info , i'll hold off booking my flights just yet and hope some more info is forthcoming shortly.

Thanks again

Ticket info will be hard to find for 99 right now considering that we just got the info for 98 this week. Everything I can find says you're right about the date and location though. This is from wiki...

UFC 99 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on June 13, 2009 in Cologne, Germany.[1]

....when it comes to the decision of purchasing plane tickets, I don't know if I would put alot of stock in some of the details (like the card) until more information surfaces but I think the date and location are a pretty safe bet.

yeah it is a bit of a shame cause hotels around Lanxess Arena are deadcheap now for these dates, but that will change after the news breaks in a matter of days surely. Booking flights this far in advance would also be good for the wallet, but without full confirmation I wouldnt. Im all over it where I can, will update here if I find any good hotel deals or hear anything.

I'm pouring out my heart here MMA and your just kicking a man when hes down.

Its looking less and less likely i'll be going now as well. :(:(:(

I hear you mate as you well know, I was also in the process of going to Cologne until our plans fell flat.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived