Shane Carwin

arlovskiviako

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta go with Rashad on this one. I think hes too multi dimensional for Rampage. I dont know if Rampage ever had any problems with kicks to his legs before Forest Griffin fight but it seems like everyone wants to exploit that now and Rashad has the Logs to do it.

1 head kick KO does not mean Rashad has good leg kicks.. lol.. yes it was a nice KO, but as far as leg kicks go i dont rate Rashad anywhere in the top 10. maybe not even top 20.

Rashad should stick to his gameplan and put Rampage on his back as much as possible to tire and frustrate Rampage. A tired and frustrated rampage becomes very one dimensional and will start stalking and tend to leave himself open, that is when Rashad can start working his standup and try picking apart Rampage.

1 head kick KO does not mean Rashad has good leg kicks.. lol.. yes it was a nice KO' date=' but as far as leg kicks go i dont rate Rashad anywhere in the top 10. maybe not even top 20.

Rashad should stick to his gameplan and put Rampage on his back as much as possible to tire and frustrate Rampage. A tired and frustrated rampage becomes very one dimensional and will start stalking and tend to leave himself open, that is when Rashad can start working his standup and try picking apart Rampage.[/quote']

What happens when Rashad gets caught with a Rampage hook coming out of the clinch.

What happens when Rashad gets caught with a Rampage hook coming out of the clinch.

night night rashad!

I am picking Page for that fight by UD.

Rashad's best chance to beat Page is to get page on his back and win a Decision himself.

Standing up, ill give the decision to Rampage ( or even a KO ), Rashad has a good chin, but he has been knocked down by that big ogre farm boy that i cant remember his name atm, but the guy he fought to win the TUF HW competition.

So there is no reason for anyone to believe Page wont KO him.

night night rashad!

I am picking Page for that fight by UD.

Rashad's best chance to beat Page is to get page on his back and win a Decision himself.

Standing up' date=' ill give the decision to Rampage ( or even a KO ), Rashad has a good chin, but he has been knocked down by that big ogre farm boy that i cant remember his name atm, but the guy he fought to win the TUF HW competition.

So there is no reason for anyone to believe Page wont KO him.[/quote']

Do we have a Brad Imes? Is that the name you were looking for.

Idk. But I would take Carwin in that fight hands down. But then again' date=' I would take anyone against Brock ;)[/quote']

I think at this stage in their respective careers, Carwin just has more experience and a better fight game than Brock. The key difference between them is Brock is younger, and has more potential down the road, as Carwin is entering his late 30's and I dont see him being a Randy Couture fighting in his mid 40's. Carwin should be in line for a title shot in the next few months, so I look for him to win the belt. But will not be as dominant a champion that Brock can be fully matured.

I think at this stage in their respective careers' date=' Carwin just has more experience and a better fight game than Brock. The key difference between them is Brock is younger, and has more potential down the road, as Carwin is entering his late 30's and I dont see him being a Randy Couture fighting in his mid 40's. Carwin should be in line for a title shot in the next few months, so I look for him to win the belt. But will not be as dominant a champion that Brock can be fully matured.[/quote']

Isn't Brock in his 30s also.

i picked Carwin in the 1st, but i was actually thinking at BWWs that Gonzaga would win. Gabe nailed him with some good shots and i thought it was the beginning of the end, but sure enough Carwin fought through and cracked him in the mouth.

i still say Brock beats him.

31' date=' carwin is 34 or 35.

so i see Brock atleast getting in another 5-7yrs in the sport and only see Carwin another 2-3.

i wish carwin was younger! lols.. he is my pick for HW champ till he retires![/quote']

He appears to be in great condition, and his body doesn't seem that wore down. He might have 5 or more years left in him, Which would be awesome.

He appears to be in great condition' date=' and his body doesn't seem that wore down. He might have 5 or more years left in him, Which would be awesome.[/quote']

Then brock is going to have to wait 5 yrs to become the real "Next big Thing" in the HW division LOL!

WAR CARWIN!!!!!!!

carwin looked awful. i can't believe the war cries and retire as champ crap being spouted here. Couture completely dominated gonzaga. carwin should have lost and landed one punch. I won't call it lucky but it wasn't like he made gabe into a can. He'll always have hella power and a puncher's chance but Lesnar is stronger, faster, and a better wrestler. I actually don't like Carwin's chances at all in that one. Bandwagon opinions tonight.

Carwin IMO has the skill to beat Lesnar, but not without a couple rounds to prove it. I dont think he can KO lesnar in 1 or 2 rounds. I think it will take a 3rd. I believe Lesnar is still the true champion of the UFC HW division until someone proves that wrong. He is developing quickly, but Carwin has more skills at this point. It just depends on who is better at learning. Carwin I know now does NOT have the weight and strength advantage from visuals, but I can tell that Carwin is FAAAAAR from a game to play with. If Fedor comes to the UFC, I feel that his true challenge is eithe Carwin or Lesnar, in 1 year. No one else will EVER stand a chance IMO better then those two men (plus Barnett, but he is not in the UFC obviously)

Napao is a fool for taking Carwin to the floor after he hurt him with that 2nd big punch. He gave Carwin time to recover. Carwin's got some crazy pop behind his punches, dude was freakin' flat-footed when the threw that punch and it still dropped Napao like a ton of bricks. That $hit is scary.

Carwin is the man! I want to see him and Lesnar. Who cares about Mir he is so going to get killed in he first round with Lesnar after his lucky leg submission in Lesnars debut, Lesnar out for blood and a quick fight! I want to see if Lesnar can take Carwin's right hand! Carwin has a bigger fist according to Joe Rogan! I have seen carwin workout in my gym in the offseason and all i can say is the dude strength is unmatched by anyone! I seen him benching 500lb without a spotter multiple times! I think he has a bright future in the UFC!

Carwin IMO has the skill to beat Lesnar' date=' but not without a couple rounds to prove it. I dont think he can KO lesnar in 1 or 2 rounds. I think it will take a 3rd. I believe Lesnar is still the true champion of the UFC HW division until someone proves that wrong. He is developing quickly, but Carwin has more skills at this point. It just depends on who is better at learning. Carwin I know now does NOT have the weight and strength advantage from visuals, but I can tell that Carwin is FAAAAAR from a game to play with. If Fedor comes to the UFC, I feel that his true challenge is eithe Carwin or Lesnar, in 1 year. No one else will EVER stand a chance IMO better then those two men (plus Barnett, but he is not in the UFC obviously)[/quote']

I guess i just maybe don't see the skill set that you do. I thought he looked bad tonight. He won, and that's what really matters but I can't see Lesnar getting worked that bad. I think Brock would avoid being nearly KOed by Gabe. I also am not sold on his wrestling. Lesnar is WAAAAAAAY faster than him and is a more accompished wrestler. I think Carwin might be better standing but I don't think it would be a straight standup anyway. I think Lesnar probably holds him and doesn't give him the chance for a big shot. Lesnar also takes this guy down IMO. But even if he couldn't, he'd win in the clinch. He's a better athlete. He would be in better position all night.

I guess i just maybe don't see the skill set that you do. I thought he looked bad tonight. He won' date=' and that's what really matters but I can't see Lesnar getting worked that bad. I think Brock would avoid being nearly KOed by Gabe. I also am not sold on his wrestling. Lesnar is WAAAAAAAY faster than him and is a more accompished wrestler. I think Carwin might be better standing but I don't think it would be a straight standup anyway. I think Lesnar probably holds him and doesn't give him the chance for a big shot. Lesnar also takes this guy down IMO. But even if he couldn't, he'd win in the clinch. He's a better athlete. He would be in better position all night.[/quote']

I'm with Dave on this. If they stand and trade, I could see it going 50/50 as they both have knockout power. After that, Lesner would be controlling him against the cage or on the mat. Most likely the mat.

I'm with Dave on this. If they stand and trade' date=' I could see it going 50/50 as they both have knockout power. After that, Lesner would be controlling him against the cage or on the mat. Most likely the mat.[/quote']

Well, Brock was the stronger, faster, bigger fighter vs couture, and Randy showed that he can wrestle with Brock, even get up 2 times from Brock's takedowns..

Being the Bigger, Faster athlete is always a great advantage, but we have seen smarter athletes find ways around those.

Carwin at this stage of their careers ( talking about Brock ), I feel is the better fighter. Potential wise, Brock will pass Carwin in a yr or two, and Brock is still my favorite to beat Fedor down the road.

right to the what are you stupids. Pace yourself man' date=' you just walked into figurative KO. You'll be lucky to last 69 seconds with storm.[/quote']

lol i was building myself up for a response to that crap and then i noticed this and laughed. i will let him slide for now. if it continues, i cannot be so sure.

i think some of u are giving Carwin too much credit.

Even before this fight, I already made statements that Carwin > Brock.

its not me giving him "too much credit", its me following up on what ive always thought, that at this point Carwin is the better fighter over Brock. Ofcourse that can ( most likely change ) down the road as the potential of Brock outweighs Carwins. But as of right now, if they fought, Carwin imo would come out on top.

Well' date=' Brock was the stronger, faster, bigger fighter vs couture, and Randy showed that he can wrestle with Brock, even get up 2 times from Brock's takedowns..

Being the Bigger, Faster athlete is always a great advantage, but we have seen smarter athletes find ways around those.

Carwin at this stage of their careers ( talking about Brock ), I feel is the better fighter. Potential wise, Brock will pass Carwin in a yr or two, and Brock is still my favorite to beat Fedor down the road.[/quote']

Randy didn't show that he could wrestle with Brock. He showed that he could hold on when they were on the ground and Brock decided it was pointless to go back there. He took him down at will in the first round. Randy also used his wrestling to dominate Gabe and I didn't see Carwin do that tonight. I feel that Lesnar is a better wrestler. Strength is close, size is close (although I think Brock has a slight edge in both), and the main factor in a wrestling match between two bohemoths is speed and Lesnar will easily be quicker to position that shane. In a straight amature wrestling match Lesnar ties him in a knot. With strikes Carwin has a chance but I would bet on Brock to win quite easily.

lol i was building myself up for a response to that crap and then i noticed this and laughed. i will let him slide for now. if it continues' date=' i cannot be so sure.[/quote']

sometimes there is just so much to say and so little to say at the same time. i saw his comment and thought, OMFG this dude is lookin for it. it's probably better to ignore him. he's probably got ADHD and is fighting with someone on Sherdog by now.

Randy didn't show that he could wrestle with Brock. He showed that he could hold on when they were on the ground and Brock decided it was pointless to go back there. He took him down at will in the first round. Randy also used his wrestling to dominate Gabe and I didn't see Carwin do that tonight. I feel that Lesnar is a better wrestler. Strength is close' date=' size is close (although I think Brock has a slight edge in both), and the main factor in a wrestling match between two bohemoths is speed and Lesnar will easily be quicker to position that shane. In a straight amature wrestling match Lesnar ties him in a knot. With strikes Carwin has a chance but I would bet on Brock to win quite easily.[/quote']

Well with this win over Gabe, to go along with his streak, i hope that Carwin will be up next after the Mir/Lesnar fight finally happens. Either way, these two behemoths are( will be the top of the food chain) in the HW division. Carwin, to have finished every oppopnent he has ever faced in the first round ( not only in the first but i believe none went farther than 1:30) seems like he is being called lucky. Big name or no name, to win every fight in the manner ha has deserves credit, instead of being put down.

Lesnar to me is the better all around athlete. He has only been training for a short time and only has a few pro matches to prove it. But right now it seems Carwin is at a higher level for the time being. Brock down the road will be ridiculous, but right now Carwin is the guy for Brock to beat. Mir IMO does not want to fight Brock anymore because even if he wins he will not surpass Carwin AT ALL. Carwin will kill him. I will be worse then Gonzaga. Gonzaga is basically the perfect fighter to beat Mir and he was just abolished by Carwin. Carwins jaw is also pretty good. Which makes me wonder only one thing and that is if Brocks chin is that good. IF Brocks chin is granite, then he IS the future and there is no way he is not. If Brocks chin is worse then Carwins then his championship reign ends after Mir.

Whatever u will all see! Carwin is for real! I cant wait to say i told u so!

see u have it wrong. i have followed Carwin since before his UFC days and yes he is good. no one is doubting or questioning that. but ur making it seem like u consider him to be the A. Silva of the HW division when it just isnt true. does he have a chance at beating Lesnar? yes, of course, but imo he isnt ready for it. Gonzaga is KNOWN for his bjj game and has recently become more so known for his striking (mainly due to CroCop fight). Gonzaga rocked him early and even took him down. Lesnar arguably hits harder, and is much strong and better at getting and keeping people down then Gonzaga is. i also feel that Lesnar is quicker then both Gonzaga and Carwin. i agree with David here. Carwin won, but didnt impress at all. i would like to see Carwin/Cain in the future, but i doubt that would happen as they both could be possible title contenders.

Well with this win over Gabe' date=' to go along with his streak, i hope that Carwin will be up next after the Mir/Lesnar fight finally happens. Either way, these two behemoths are( will be the top of the food chain) in the HW division. Carwin, to have finished every oppopnent he has ever faced in the first round ( not only in the first but i believe none went farther than 1:30) seems like he is being called lucky. Big name or no name, to win every fight in the manner ha has deserves credit, instead of being put down.[/quote']

i believe a title shot is VERY much so in his future. he is an extremely marketable fighter, but when the fight actually happens, i think Lesnars size, quickness, and overall athleticism will be enough for him though.

ftr, i am not trying to put Carwin down.

Archived