wheres the love for hamill

uticafan

what more does matt have to do to get some real respect? he was an animal on the show ,beat the snot outof bispbing who was made a superstar,then last night he easily gets ko of the night and instead of giving him ko of the night like they do in every ufc event i can remember watching (and i watch them all) they instead give (turning point of the night to carwin) what the heck is that , not to mention there is nothing about matts ko on the ufc homepage,they do however mention veras stoppage which was an undercard fight and in my opinion not nearly as good as matts ko (munoz was out cold) any other fighter would have made hightlights that we would see over and over again, why?

I don't know, his performance was good and he did his thing.

Hamill definitely deserves some respect. They did have a video of him post-fight on the homepage, but I'm not sure if it is still there. I watched it but had a hard time understanding what he was saying. I know it sucks, but it's the truth.

Either Carwin or Hamill deserve KO of the night' date=' or maybe both. I think they should name this PPV Knockout Night[/quote']

It sure was knockout night, it was great to watch. Unfotunately it ends the party early but at least I got to watch the barn cat fight.

Anyway, my vote would be for the Hamill KO.

Matt Hamill is a beast. I did not see that head kick coming at all. He looks better and better every time he fights and he needs to face some serious competition soon. Possibly Jardine or Vera.

Vera will KILL him if he tries to stand with Vera. Vera also has good wrestling so may be able to prevent takedowns, plus Vera has great BJJ. He is a very well rounded fighter and can take the fight to Hamill at any point

I think Hamill could hold his own against Vera. Kieth managed to beat him and Hamill has much better wrestling and just as heavy handed as Jardine. I think a Hamill vs. Jardine fight would be interesting to watch.

I like that match up better. I believe it would show how good Hamills striking is.

Vera though I believe is a top ten LHW, but he just seems to keep falling off the track now. He has a lot of talent and you can tell. I believe he has better control over his body now and is going the extra mile to get to the top.

I like that match up better. I believe it would show how good Hamills striking is.

Vera though I believe is a top ten LHW' date=' but he just seems to keep falling off the track now. He has a lot of talent and you can tell. I believe he has better control over his body now and is going the extra mile to get to the top.[/quote']

I agree. I really wish Vera would make his way up to the top in this division. He was a freak at Heavy weight. I guess he just had a rough time getting used to the weight cut and the division. I think he will be able to pull through though.

Vera will KILL him if he tries to stand with Vera. Vera also has good wrestling so may be able to prevent takedowns' date=' plus Vera has great BJJ. He is a very well rounded fighter and can take the fight to Hamill at any point[/quote']

sorry but disagree. matts wrestling is better than any part of veras game. veras standup is more technical without any argument, however matt has serious power, more than most people realize. if he hits you (and he will) he can do some real damage, not to mention if he gets ahold of you you are in big trouble. look back at his fights(w/bispbing is my favorite) and notice the look on their faces. he wears guys down quickly. remember "the rape choke" as Rogan put it. he will fight vera maybe even his next fight so i guess we will find out

Personally Hamill won that fight with Bisping and the only reason Bisping won it was because the judges were biased against americans

Even though they were American judges who voted for Bisping as the winner, along with the American ref, yet the European judge scored Bisping right? Way to make **** up

sorry but disagree. matts wrestling is better than any part of veras game. veras standup is more technical without any argument' date=' however matt has serious power, more than most people realize. if he hits you (and he will) he can do some real damage, not to mention if he gets ahold of you you are in big trouble. look back at his fights(w/bispbing is my favorite) and notice the look on their faces. he wears guys down quickly. remember "the rape choke" as Rogan put it. he will fight vera maybe even his next fight so i guess we will find out[/quote']

Matt has excellent wrestling, but Vera has very powerful MT and technical to boot. Vera also has good wrestling which could cause Matt problems with the takedown. If Matt tries to stand and bang with Vera, he will get hurt, I promise. Veras ground game is excellent as well. I have only seen him get outclassed once, and then they stopped the fight very prematurely.

Even though they were American judges who voted for Bisping as the winner' date=' along with the American ref, yet the European judge scored Bisping right? Way to make **** up[/quote']

First off Hamill should have won the fight and you know it, I dont care if they were american judges that voted for Bisping they clearly went for the UK favorite. I watched the PPV so you dont have to tell what judge scored what.

First off Hamill should have won the fight and you know it' date=' I dont care if they were american judges that voted for Bisping they clearly went for the UK favorite. I watched the PPV so you dont have to tell what judge scored what.[/quote']

You were the one that made the post saying they were "biased" which you know apparently from watching the PPV that it was clearly an unbiased vote.

That fight was close, and again it could have gone either way. The judges gave strong reasoning as to why Bisping won, so go argue with them in that case. I still think it was close though

How about Hamill V Bader?

hmm this is interesting. I kind of like this fight just because they are very similar. Hamill needs to train more MT. He has so much power and such bad technique its sad. That and his BJJ training needs to be amped up to 1000X better then it is now so he can actually do something on the ground.

Bader would beat Hamill.

It would just come down to who has the better wrestling. And if neither did then it would come down to who hits harder. IMO Bader hits hard, and is probably learning more diverse striking, where as Hamill proves more and more to me each fight he is FAR from learning anything else other then terrible boxing. He needs a camp change IMO

In short Bader I think would TKO or UD Hamill as well.

Hamill has tons of heart, mediocre striking, lots of power, and great wrestling....

If he gets into a real gym with trainers who can improve on the areas where he's weak he'll be a force. His striking is almost like watching slow motion, he can still connect, but it feels very telegraphed.

Hamill has tons of heart' date=' mediocre striking, lots of power, and great wrestling....

If he gets into a real gym with trainers who can improve on the areas where he's weak he'll be a force. His striking is almost like watching slow motion, he can still connect, but it feels very telegraphed.[/quote']

Yeah thats a good point about his heart, this is obviously a dude that is used to overcoming difficult situations.

They mentioned during the coverage a movie was being made about him. I can see it now, mark wahlberg as matt, jason statham as michael bisping....

Yeh i don't like Hamill much in general. I dont think he is very good - I mean look how mediocre Tim Boetsche has proven to be - , and wont be able to match up to top level guys (even after being knocked out with a liver kick, he still keeps that stupidly high guard up exposing his body).....but........

That head kick was awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Yes in Wesley Snipes's words "even the sun shines on a dogs a** some day. I mean you can put a cat in the oven, but that dont make it a biscuit", but let the boy have his moment in the sun!

Archived