New Main Event For 98

BJJ_BLUEBELT

Frank Mir is injured' date=' so his bout with Lesnar is off, the new main event for UFC 98 is Quinton Jackson vs Rashard Evans. Which is stupid because that is only like 2 months away.[/quote']

Wow thats gonna be an insane fight . I think 2 months should be sufficient enough time to train since they say fighters need 6 weeks to prepare for a fight. and Jackson didnt go through too much abuse from Jardine. Well they know better than I we do so if they can go then they will go... Ill take Rashad in a KO over Rampage

Wow thats gonna be an insane fight . I think 2 months should be sufficient enough time to train since they say fighters need 6 weeks to prepare for a fight. and Jackson didnt go through too much abuse from Jardine. Well they know better than I we do so if they can go then they will go... Ill take Rashad in a KO over Rampage

Rashad got a lucky as$ Ko over Liddell, he had his hand loaded waiting and Liddell came in with his chin high and arms low swinging anywasy and got caught,

I will go with a Rampage right to put Rashad in the hospital

6 weeks to prepare?

and even though he didnt go through much with Jardine, the fact is he has to now train for a totally different fighter. Rampage wont say no to the fight, and many others ( like kos ) have been very active in fighting multiple times in as many months, but still, 2 months to prepare for a title fight is kinda short. They should move up Matt hughes/Serra instead since both of those fighters have not fought recently. Let Rampage enjoy the win, take a couple days off then get him back training and coming up with a strategy for Rashad instead of rushing him back in the gym.

6 weeks to prepare?

and even though he didnt go through much with Jardine' date=' the fact is he has to now train for a totally different fighter. Rampage wont say no to the fight, and many others ( like kos ) have been very active in fighting multiple times in as many months, but still, 2 months to prepare for a title fight is kinda short. They should move up Matt hughes/Serra instead since both of those fighters have not fought recently. Let Rampage enjoy the win, take a couple days off then get him back training and coming up with a strategy for Rashad instead of rushing him back in the gym.[/quote']

I just did the math and it wont be for another 11 weeks. Im just a spectator so i dont know how long a fighter needs to prepare for a fight so is 11 weeks un realistic? I suppose it would be hard going all the way back to England and not spenidg much time at home but I think he can do it if he is Medicaly cleard. How long do you think one needs?

I just did the math and it wont be for another 11 weeks. Im just a spectator so i dont know how long a fighter needs to prepare for a fight so is 11 weeks un realistic? I suppose it would be hard going all the way back to England and not spenidg much time at home but I think he can do it if he is Medicaly cleard. How long do you think one needs?

For a Title match, I would think a camp would be at least 8 weeks or more, and that is after they haven't fought in awhile, he has to prepare for a totally diferrent fighter as Crippler said, It seems as if they were haveing jardine fight Rampage so that he would have personal input into Rashads training.

6 weeks to prepare?

and even though he didnt go through much with Jardine' date=' the fact is he has to now train for a totally different fighter. Rampage wont say no to the fight, and many others ( like kos ) have been very active in fighting multiple times in as many months, but still, 2 months to prepare for a title fight is kinda short. They should move up Matt hughes/Serra instead since both of those fighters have not fought recently. Let Rampage enjoy the win, take a couple days off then get him back training and coming up with a strategy for Rashad instead of rushing him back in the gym.[/quote']

Hughes / Serra is already on the 98 card and Rampage will be ready anyway.

For a Title match' date=' I would think a camp would be at least 8 weeks or more, and that is after they haven't fought in awhile, he has to prepare for a totally diferrent fighter as Crippler said, It seems as if they were haveing jardine fight Rampage so that he would have personal input into Rashads training.[/quote']

Of course thats why they wanted to fight Jardine. I think Rampage trained to fight Rashad for this fight. I think he knew he could beat jardine just by showing up. And that gives him a huge advantage. Rampage is a very smart fighter and knows whats best for his fights. I think he got a headstart with the Jardine fight and will be very well prepared when it comes time to fight Rashad IMO

Honestly, I feel 12 weeks or more is good for a title match. My reason is the extreme cardio you need and preparation. If you are not prepared then it just isnt worth seeing IMO. If Rampage is not cleared then I DEFINITELY want this fight to be held back. I just cannot see 8 weeks being enough IMO.

Honestly' date=' I feel 12 weeks or more is good for a title match. My reason is the extreme cardio you need and preparation. If you are not prepared then it just isnt worth seeing IMO. If Rampage is not cleared then I DEFINITELY want this fight to be held back. I just cannot see 8 weeks being enough IMO.[/quote']

you are right, and it won't matter. rampage will be cleared to fight and he won't be on form against Rashad and if he looks like he did tonight he'll lose anyways. i didn't see anything from Rampage that made me think he's capable of beating Evans anyway. Two jackson camps in a row means see ya later. rashad by UD.

you are right' date=' and it won't matter. rampage will be cleared to fight and he won't be on form against Rashad and if he looks like he did tonight he'll lose anyways. i didn't see anything from Rampage that made me think he's capable of beating Evans anyway. Two jackson camps in a row means see ya later. rashad by UD.[/quote']

I was impressed with only one thing by Rampage, and that was his change up of levels. He finally went for a clear takedown which I havent seen him do in awhile. I like that. That makes me believe he is trying new things. He NEEDS to be more solid and fluid with his defense and offense in striking. Rashad grows faster then weeds when it comes to skill in MMA, and with Rampage just playing on one part basically, there is no way he can beat Rashad. I still feel confident in my pick of Rampage, but I am never doubting that Rashad can do this. Rashad and Lyoto now may be the two true LHW champs and their fight could ultimately decide the true champion. Now, I feel only time will tell more so then ever.

I was impressed with only one thing by Rampage' date=' and that was his change up of levels. He finally went for a clear takedown which I havent seen him do in awhile. I like that. That makes me believe he is trying new things. He NEEDS to be more solid and fluid with his defense and offense in striking. Rashad grows faster then weeds when it comes to skill in MMA, and with Rampage just playing on one part basically, there is no way he can beat Rashad. I still feel confident in my pick of Rampage, but I am never doubting that Rashad can do this. Rashad and Lyoto now may be the two true LHW champs and their fight could ultimately decide the true champion. Now, I feel only time will tell more so then ever.[/quote']

+1

I still think that Machida will come out on top at the end of the day vs any of the other lhw's. As good as Rashad is with his wrestling, i still dont see him taking Machida down, I mean just look at the fight he had with Tito.

Rampage really needs to apply his wrestling/power and ground and pound alot more and be less predictable on the feet for him to keep pace with being considered a dominant champion.

+1

I still think that Machida will come out on top at the end of the day vs any of the other lhw's. As good as Rashad is with his wrestling' date=' i still dont see him taking Machida down, I mean just look at the fight he had with Tito.

Rampage really needs to apply his wrestling/power and ground and pound alot more and be less predictable on the feet for him to keep pace with being considered a dominant champion.[/quote']

Definitely agree. Rampage is missing MT big time. There were so many times when I felt he could have used excellent knees, especially where he knew he could prevent Jardines weak takedowns. No offense to Jardine, but Rampage has incredibly better wrestling and it showed big time in this fight. Page NEEEEEEEEDs to learn to use more deceptive striking formats.

Definitely agree. Rampage is missing MT big time. There were so many times when I felt he could have used excellent knees' date=' especially where he knew he could prevent Jardines weak takedowns. No offense to Jardine, but Rampage has incredibly better wrestling and it showed big time in this fight. Page NEEEEEEEEDs to learn to use more deceptive striking formats.[/quote']

I think the real problem is going to be Evan's speed. I think he can duck the heavy hands. I don't think rampage can avoid his shots, though. I see Evans being too fast for him. In the past quick fighters have raped him a few times. (wandy twice and shogun) Although he has improved his defense he still is vulnerable to speed. He can't train for that. He'll never have Rashad's hand speed or head movement. I think Rashad will just keep it standing and win on points.

I think the real problem is going to be Evan's speed. I think he can duck the heavy hands. I don't think rampage can avoid his shots' date=' though. I see Evans being too fast for him. In the past quick fighters have raped him a few times. (wandy twice and shogun) Although he has improved his defense he still is vulnerable to speed. He can't train for that. He'll never have Rashad's hand speed or head movement. I think Rashad will just keep it standing and win on points.[/quote']

I believe Raw strength is Rampages, but punching power is near equal. Speed is Rashad and fist movement. I just dont know if Rashads chin can handle Rampages power. If it can he will win, if not then we will finally see what Rashad looks like when he gets bombed on.

I think Rashad takes it. Not only does he have a HUGE speed advantage in his hands and movement, I think his explosiveness and athletisim will lead to an advatange on the ground. I think Rampage will just slowly press forward, looking the the bomb, and will get picked apart by a bouncy Rashad. Rampage's best shot will be in the clinch, where he can use his strength, but I see the faster man avoiding that scenario. Rashad 70/30

well , that`s a nice main event and i really hope that rashad dominates rampage in the first 4 minutes , takes him down , ground and pounds , the round stops and in the first 20 seconds of the second round he KO`s rampage to close those mouths that say rampage deserves another title shot before Lyoto. theres nothing UFC can provide to interest me more than undefeated Lyoto vs undefeated Rashad. this match wil surely come sooner or later cause rampage is no match for rashad.

till then ... EME vs BROCK ftw! :cool:

well ' date=' that`s a nice main event and i really hope that rashad dominates rampage in the first 4 minutes , takes him down , ground and pounds , the round stops and in the first 20 seconds of the second round he KO`s rampage to close those mouths that say rampage deserves another title shot before Lyoto. theres nothing UFC can provide to interest me more than undefeated Lyoto vs undefeated Rashad. this match wil surely come sooner or later cause rampage is no match for rashad.

till then ... EME vs BROCK ftw! :cool:[/quote']

Its not that Lyoto is not the more deserving, its the fact that Quinton in most peoples opinion should not have lost that decision to Forrest. And his two most recent wins, i dont see anything wrong with him getting a title shot. Even Rampage has said, he wants Forrest one more time before getting the shot vs Rashad.

If only we had

Machida vs Rashad

Rampage vs Griffin

and the respective winners face off, then everyone will be happy.

Either way we will see Rampage vs Machida in the end, and that is what Dana wants as his next BIG fight.

This has nothing to do with Machida not getting a shot or getting passed over. Dana/UFC is simply wanting to have a BIG Main Event later this year, and Machida vs Rampage will be that fight.

machida vs rampage? how can machida vs rampage even exist is rampage is fighting rashad and rashad will cut trough rampage?

dana said that machida will get a title shot till the end of the year.

Still pure speculation.

I just stated that the big fight Dana is looking for is Rampage vs Machida for the belt.

if it happens it happens, if Rashad finds a way to beat Rampage then good for him, but if you end up with a Rashad vs Machida main event, Rashad might as well hand the belt over to him lols

Rashad has skills no doubt, but if Imes can knock him down 3-5 times in a three round fight, there is no reason to believe a guy with Rampage's power cant KO him at any point in the fight.

Rashad should avoid the standup with Rampage and take page down as much as possible and put him on his back, that is really to me his best chance to win.

Page on the other hand has to keep it standing while not stalking. We all know that Rashad has good power and can put guys to sleep, but Pages chin is not made of glass.

I rather see a Rampage vs Machida for the belt Main event over a Machida vs Rashad.

well , machida vs rampage or machida vs rashad will surely be a huge fight.

the thing is that rashad and machida are undefeated and i cant remember the last title fight between two undefeated guys. that`s why i`m so pumped up. i can see rashad losing at one point but i still cant see machida losing so .. the sooner the better :)

well ' date=' machida vs rampage or machida vs rashad will surely be a huge fight.

the thing is that rashad and machida are undefeated and i cant remember the last title fight between two undefeated guys. that`s why i`m so pumped up. i can see rashad losing at one point but i still cant see machida losing so .. the sooner the better :)[/quote']

a record is a record. I think too much emphasis on undefeated records is overrated. Its a great feat, but some of the best fighters in the world ( athletes in any sport really) have a saying, that if you have not lost, then you are not fighting/playing the right people/team. I know it can be perceived as an excuse or a dumb saying, but to me, i would be more pumped up for a Rampage vs Machida, just for the simple reason, Rampage is/was the top dog in LHW after beating Liddell and Henderson, and Machida has now caught the public eye with his last fight, and showed he is not a boring fighter, and can be the aggressive-aggressive fighter as well as the defensive-aggressive fighter. So it poses a much more interesting fight strategy for Rampage and Machida to me.

• 2 months later...

I think if Rashad wins Tito should so be able to fight him again. Sure in some of the fights Rashad has shined and others not so well but Tito is technically the only one in my book to beat Rashad by a bogus call for holding the cage. Rashad has speed, his conditioning is decent. He has proven knock out power but its not devestating. If someone can out run and out gun him Rashad has no chance because he has no other technic. Machida is literally going to beat the **** out of Rashad first round with a kick to the head.

Archived