Lyoto Machida and Dana White?

jester71

What's up Dana? Why aren't you giving Lyoto Machida a chance for the title fight? After watching Rampage and Jardine as the main event I wanted my money back. This was like watching a boring 3 round boxing match of one dimensional unskilled fighters. Lyoto Machida deserves a title fight before Rampage and especiall deserves a title shot before the end of this year.

It makes me wonder if White has a problem with Machidas style because Machida would clearly wipe the floor with Rampage, Jardine, and Evans. What a joke this match was while the most skilled fighter in the class sits on the sidelines. I almost doubt Machida will get a shot.

What a joke.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's up Dana? Why aren't you giving Lyoto Machida a chance for the title fight? After watching Rampage and Jardine as the main event I wanted my money back. This was like watching a boring 3 round boxing match of one dimensional unskilled fighters. Lyoto Machida deserves a title fight before Rampage and especiall deserves a title shot before the end of this year.

It makes me wonder if White has a problem with Machidas style because Machida would clearly wipe the floor with Rampage' date=' Jardine, and Evans. What a joke this match was while the most skilled fighter in the class sits on the sidelines. I almost doubt Machida will get a shot.

What a joke.[/quote']

Your a Joke.

End of thread.

Machida will get a shot. I hate to say it, but if Rampage believes that his performance tonight was good enough to beat Machida he is sadly mistaken. Machida wont make the same ignorrant mistakes that Jardine made, and will still be kicking and striking a lot more accurate. Machida has excellent Sumo too so that will help prevent a lot of Pages power, but not all. I believe Machida definitely can still get the UD after watching this fight.

Machida isn't the most exciting fighter around by far, having said that, he knows how to win, more difficult to catch than a greased weasel. I'd love to see him fight for the title. Please Mr White, as one bald man to another, please make it happen

Machida isn't the most exciting fighter around by far' date=' having said that, he knows how to win, more difficult to catch than a greased weasel. I'd love to see him fight for the title. Please Mr White, as one bald man to another, please make it happen[/quote']

Excuse me meatball, two no skill ogres going after each other isn't fun to watch, like tonight. Machida has skill in all aspects of the game and would crush any of those pretend contenders. IF Dana gives him a shot you will see and I will be here to say I was right.

Then you clearly know nothing about fighting if you think Machida can't take out a joke like Rampage. Can't wait for the day if Dana ever even gives Machida a shot.

Rampage is a Joke?

Are you Lyoto Machida using an online translator, and you are just trying to vent some because you thought you were gonna get a title shot and Rampage crushed your dreams.

Do I really have to say it again' date=' no one wants to jump in and say it for me.

Ok

Rampage gets the next title shot, I wouldn't mind it if Lyoto got the next shot, but only to give Rampage some rest.[/quote']

Ramapage getting the next shot for a title is a disgrace to MMA unless you think the UFC is a boxing match. That fight tonight was a bore of two old school unskilled fighters. I thought Rampage was for real until tonight. Talk about one dimensional.

Ramapage getting the next shot for a title is a disgrace to MMA unless you think the UFC is a boxing match. That fight tonight was a bore of two old school unskilled fighters. I thought Rampage was for real until tonight. Talk about one dimensional.

One dimensional, have you ever seen any of his fights, you are just digging a deeper and deeper hole of stupidity.

Rampage is a Joke?

Are you Lyoto Machida using an online translator' date=' and you are just trying to vent some because you thought you were gonna get a title shot and Rampage crushed your dreams.[/quote']

No I am a MMA fan and what I watched tonight between Rampage and Jardine was a disgrace. I stopped watching boxing years ago because it looked as unskilled as this fight.

Excuse me meatball' date=' two no skill ogres going after each other isn't fun to watch, like tonight. Machida has skill in all aspects of the game and would crush any of those pretend contenders. IF Dana gives him a shot you will see and I will be here to say I was right.[/quote']

Ummm I love Machida and think he will win. He is extremely skillful and like I said he knows how to win and not get caught, but you have to admit, an excitement machine he is not. I think he will win when he gets a chance.

So why you calling me a meatball? Where did I say he wouldn't win or didn't deserve a shot?

One dimensional' date=' have you ever seen any of his fights, you are just digging a deeper and deeper hole of stupidity.[/quote']

I have seen his fights and tonight was terrible. He stood toe to toe with a guy that didn't even keep his hands up and it went the full three rounds, what a joke. If you think Rampage could beat Machida you are a joke and a complete waste of time.

I have seen his fights and tonight was terrible. He stood toe to toe with a guy that didn't even keep his hands up and it went the full three rounds' date=' what a joke. If you think Rampage could beat Machida you are a joke and a complete waste of time.[/quote']

Did you just come over here from Sherdog by any chance.

It makes me wonder if White has a problem with Machidas style because Machida would clearly wipe the floor with Rampage' date=' Jardine, and Evans. What a joke this match was while the most skilled fighter in the class sits on the sidelines. I almost doubt Machida will get a shot.

What a joke.[/quote']

Here is what is great about this situation... Rashad vs. Rampage is happening in 2 months, so no matter who wins, we can expect a Machida shot later this year for sure.

good times!!

Ummm I love Machida and think he will win. He is extremely skillful and like I said he knows how to win and not get caught' date=' but you have to admit, an excitement machine he is not. I think he will win when he gets a chance.

So why you calling me a meatball? Where did I say he wouldn't win or didn't deserve a shot?[/quote']

I am calling you a meatball because you are obviously old school stand toe to toe and box it out. Machida is very exciting to watch just like spider because they are smart fighters. They minimize damage and inflict a lot.

No I am a MMA fan and what I watched tonight between Rampage and Jardine was a disgrace. I stopped watching boxing years ago because it looked as unskilled as this fight.

it was a good fight in which i actually though Jardine or Ramapge could catch either one. imo if u watch this fight i think this is a text-book way to beat Rampage, even though Jardine didnt come out successful. great gameplan by Jardine.

Hum, maybe Rampage wanted to excite most fans by standing, both times he actually tried to take Jardine down he did easily. I as well as most fans extreme and new would probably agree that this fight was actually exciting.

Did you just come over here from Sherdog by any chance.

Not even sure what you are talking about. Like I said, I am an MMA fan that watches all the MMA I can. I logged on to this site because I am pissed the more deserving Machida gets the shaft to Rampage. Do you even know who Machida has beaten?

I have seen his fights and tonight was terrible. He stood toe to toe with a guy that didn't even keep his hands up and it went the full three rounds' date=' what a joke. If you think Rampage could beat Machida you are a joke and a complete waste of time.[/quote']

I like Machida too man and i appreciate your passion for him, the fight 2nite wasnt a joke though, your kind of being whack right now. Machida will get his title shot in due time, Yes Machida deserves it but is he marketable yet? uh no, so it makes sense to set up rampage vs. evans because i dont think Machida would have talked trash to the champ like rampage did, by the way what a great buildup to their fight. so calm down with your rant, your just making yourself look stupid and look like a casual fan, if your a true MMA fan then you would appreciate all aspects of the sport including the business side, Rampage is more Marketable but Machida will get his shot in due time

so CHILL!!

Hum' date=' maybe Rampage wanted to excite most fans by standing, both times he actually tried to take Jardine down he did easily. I as well as most fans extreme and new would probably agree that this fight was actually exciting.[/quote']

Sorry Jardine stood right back up. Machida would have have taken Rampage standing or on the mat. Have you even watched Machida take guys down? Do you even see the skill he uses with his legs sweeps?

Not even sure what you are talking about. Like I said' date=' I am an MMA fan that watches all the MMA I can. I logged on to this site because I am pissed the more deserving Machida gets the shaft to Rampage. Do you even know who Machida has beaten?[/quote']

Hum, a ****ted out Tito, an overhyped Thiago Silva, Soko who hasn't impressed me since Pride.

I like Machida probably as much as you do, but this business is also about draw power, ratings, gates, ticket sales and PPV buys. Rampage is a draw, right now, this fight makes business sense.

Don't worry, Machida will get his shot next. Chances are Machida won't even fight again before he fights for the title.

Sorry Jardine stood right back up. Machida would have have taken Rampage standing or on the mat. Have you even watched Machida take guys down? Do you even see the skill he uses with his legs sweeps?

Yeah, have you ever seen Rampage's fights before, I am guessing no or you wouldn't be crying that he is one dimensional.

Hum' date=' maybe Rampage wanted to excite most fans by standing, both times he actually tried to take Jardine down he did easily. I as well as most fans extreme and new would probably agree that this fight was actually exciting.[/quote']

I had ten of my buddies at the house and they agreed it sucked. This was boxing and BORING. This was a one dimensional fight and a pathetic one at that. Skilled fgihters like Machida, GSP, and Anderson Silva are fun to watch. Not Rampage or Jardine, what a joke.

I had ten of my buddies at the house and they agreed it sucked. This was boxing and BORING. This was a one dimensional fight and a pathetic one at that. Skilled fgihters like Machida' date=' GSP, and Anderson Silva are fun to watch. Not Rampage or Jardine, what a joke.[/quote']

Hum, Anderson Silva keeps most of his fights on the feet. So you just contradicted youself, thus makeing you look even dumber.

I am calling you a meatball because you are obviously old school stand toe to toe and box it out. Machida is very exciting to watch just like spider because they are smart fighters. They minimize damage and inflict a lot.

Okay I get it now, you are a high horse fan. I love a knockout as much as a submission. Obviously nothing anyone says is going to get through to you unless its "Machida is a technical genius which automatically makes him exciting"

goose.

I like Machida too man and i appreciate your passion for him' date=' the fight 2nite wasnt a joke though, your kind of being whack right now. Machida will get his title shot in due time, Yes Machida deserves it but is he marketable yet? uh no, so it makes sense to set up rampage vs. evans because i dont think Machida would have talked trash to the champ like rampage did, by the way what a great buildup to their fight. so calm down with your rant, your just making yourself look stupid and look like a casual fan, if your a true MMA fan then you would appreciate all aspects of the sport including the business side, Rampage is more Marketable but Machida will get his shot in due time

so CHILL!![/quote']

Marketable? Good fighters make this game what it is, different styles. If you want a boxing match talk to DON KING.

Not even sure what you are talking about. Like I said' date=' I am an MMA fan that watches all the MMA I can. I logged on to this site because I am pissed the more deserving Machida gets the shaft to Rampage. Do you even know who Machida has beaten?[/quote']

dude, he has like 2700 posts on here. what do you think? I think it's pretty obvious to 99% of the guys here who Machida has beaten. Do you even know who Rampage has beaten? He actually has a more impressive list of fallen combatants. I'm not saying Machida can't beat him but there is no injustice being done to the guy. he'll get his shot. Just because some young kids popped ****s after the thiago silva fight and started campaigning like Jesse Jackson when some poor black kid he has no idea about gets shafted for something. Be patient. He'll get his shot in his next fight.

I had ten of my buddies at the house and they agreed it sucked. This was boxing and BORING. This was a one dimensional fight and a pathetic one at that. Skilled fgihters like Machida' date=' GSP, and Anderson Silva are fun to watch. Not Rampage or Jardine, what a joke.[/quote']

Your getting rediculous now, this must have been the first UFC fight ever that you and your buddies have watched, Rampage and Jardine are not jokes, the fight was good i thought. how bout you step into the octagon with Jardine or Jackson? its fans like you and your friends that ruin the sport, you guys must have liked Kimbo and elitexc then

Your getting rediculous now' date=' this must have been the first UFC fight ever that you and your buddies have watched, Rampage and Jardine are not jokes, the fight was good i thought. how bout you step into the octagon with Jardine or Jackson? its fans like you and your friends that ruin the sport, you guys must have liked Kimbo and elitexc then[/quote']

You mean ridiculous I guess. I'm not a fighter anymore, I have better things to do with my time now but I like to watch. Have you ever been in a ring? I've watched Rampage before and I am not impressed. Griffin gave him a beat down and Griffin was TKO'd by a more skilled fighter. Rampage's time is up man.

Wow' date=' Bonnar is overrated, BJ Penn is a natural Lighweight that fought that fight at light heavyweight.

And Franklin got caught, so who is the noob.[/quote']

Ah ok, so now you make excuses in how the events happened, that's brilliant. Like I can't walk through Rampage's wins and state the same. He barely escaped an average fighter tonight and got points by a couple of take downs that Jardine just popped out of. Yeah your man is REAL impressive LOL.

So let me get this straight,

He stood toe to toe with a guy that didnt keep his hands up and it went three rounds, so he is a joke?

so.. had he finished Jardine you would say this was a great fight?

Not saying he will beat Machida, but trust me, if Page connects /lands a right or left hook to Machida, you can bet Machida will get knocked down and Page pouncing on him. The biggest obstacle for Page is getting Machida into a position like that ( which i highly doubt he can). But the way your putting down rampage, you make it seem like every LHW can beat him lols.. but last i checked.. he has only lost 1time and thats to Griffin, in the UFC, and has beaten, Marvin Eastman ( a guy that beat him before ), Chuck Liddel, Dan Henderson, and Wanderlei Silva, and just beat Jardine, who has beaten Liddel, Vera, and Griffin.

Not to shabby is it Jester? I know some guys like you get a hard on for KO's and if they dont get it they get all whiny and upset and put down fighters, but Rampage is the real deal, and probably 2nd only to Machida in the LHW div right now. So im not really sure where your going with your thoughts that Rampage is a joke.

Ah ok' date=' so now you make excuses in how the events happened, that's brilliant. Like I can't walk through Rampage's wins and state the same. He barely escaped an average fighter tonight and got points by a couple of take downs that Jardine just popped out of. Yeah your man is REAL impressive LOL.[/quote']

Barely He dropped Jardine in 2 different rounds, and took him down in 2 different rounds, stuffed a takedown. You are seriously retarded and need to loosen up your grip on Lyotos nuts, before they fall off, which you would probably like because you could either take them home and put them on your mantle or use them for your own pleasures.

I like Machida probably as much as you do' date=' but this business is also about draw power, ratings, gates, ticket sales and PPV buys. Rampage is a draw, right now, this fight makes business sense.

Don't worry, Machida will get his shot next. Chances are Machida won't even fight again before he fights for the title.[/quote']

Good Business sense is all about GOOD FIGHT's. I respect Randy Cotoure but do you believe we should keep bringing him into the octogon? It's time to let the best athletes shine.

Ah ok' date=' so now you make excuses in how the events happened, that's brilliant. Like I can't walk through Rampage's wins and state the same. He barely escaped an average fighter tonight and got points by a couple of take downs that Jardine just popped out of. Yeah your man is REAL impressive LOL.[/quote']

rampage is a former champ and IMO didn't deserve to lose his belt. How can you justify calling him down whether you think he's superior to Machida or not. You are the only one arguing in black or white on here. Everybody else seems to recognize that both athletes are elite and they have opinions on whether one is better. you seem to think everybody really sucks accept for Machida. Take a look back at the diarhea you've been posting and then tell me that you're not an idiot.

So let me get this straight' date='

He stood toe to toe with a guy that didnt keep his hands up and it went three rounds, so he is a joke?

Not saying he will beat Machida, but trust me, if Page connects /lands a right or left hook to Machida, you can bet Machida will get knocked down and Page pouncing on him. The biggest obstacle for Page is getting Machida into a position like that ( which i highly doubt he can). But the way your putting down rampage, you make it seem like every LHW can beat him lols.. but last i checked.. he has only lost 1time and thats to Griffin, in the UFC, and has beaten, Marvin Eastman ( a guy that beat him before ), Chuck Liddel, Dan Henderson, and Wanderlei Silva, and just beat Jardine, who has beaten Liddel, Vera, and Griffin.

Not to shabby is it Jester? I know some guys like you get a hard on for KO's and if they dont get it they get all whiny and upset and put down fighters, but Rampage is the real deal, and probably 2nd only to Machida in the LHW div right now. So im not really sure where your going with your thoughts that Rampage is a joke.[/quote']

AHM ***Gets Down On 1 Knee***

Will you marry me. ;)

Barely He dropped Jardine in 2 different rounds' date=' and took him down in 2 different rounds, stuffed a takedown. You are seriously retarded and need to loosen up your grip on Lyotos nuts, before they fall off, which you would probably like because you could either take them home and put them on your mantle or use them for your own pleasures.[/quote']

Don't talk to me about being a homer. You are the one that has your toungue firmly implanted in Ramapages backside if you thought he looked good tonight against JARDINE ROFL.

Don't talk to me about being a homer. You are the one that has your toungue firmly implanted in Ramapages backside if you thought he looked good tonight against JARDINE ROFL.

Did I say he looked good? No I didn't I said he is a good fighter and that it was a good fight tonight.

All I am hearing from you is

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH

Get the picture.

You mean ridiculous I guess. I'm not a fighter anymore' date=' I have better things to do with my time now but I like to watch. Have you ever been in a ring? I've watched Rampage before and I am not impressed. Griffin gave him a beat down and Griffin was TKO'd by a more skilled fighter. Rampage's time is up man.[/quote']

Your clearly outnumbered here, so are you done yet with your stupidity?? Actually I think Rampage beat Forrest too. I dont think Rampage's time is up, i think your time is up

So let me get this straight' date='

Not to shabby is it Jester? I know some guys like you get a hard on for KO's and if they dont get it they get all whiny and upset and put down fighters, but Rampage is the real deal, and probably 2nd only to Machida in the LHW div right now. So im not really sure where your going with your thoughts that Rampage is a joke.[/quote']

Ok Kreskin, wow you play the anyone can knock anyone out card, brilliant. Tell me something I don't know. Rampage is far to slow to handle ANYTHING Machida has, what a joke.

He looked at least as good decisioning jardine as Machida did decisioning a LW. Where was the KO there? Cherry picking one fight here or there is total BS man. You are, once again, proving your inferiority.

Archived