Overstatements

kidd1

Has anyone noticed how in UFC videos they sometimes overstate something

eg. On the latest countdown video of UFC 98 they go on to say something along the lines of "Serra will be waiting for that knockout punch" blah blah. When the actual footage their showing is Serra rocking Caro in which a fight he ended up losing.

I've seen it a couple of times before also, like when they were talking up Chuck for the shogun fight and they show part of his fight against Evans where he rocks him, only minutes before he himself gets brutally knocked out.

Just seemed funny to me lol

JuijitsWho, if you didn't laugh at that then I must be alone :P

eg. On the latest countdown video of UFC 98 they go on to say something along the lines of "Serra will be waiting for that knockout punch" blah blah. When the actual footage their showing is Serra rocking Caro in which a fight he ended up losing.

I've seen it a couple of times before also' date=' like when they were talking up Chuck for the shogun fight and they show part of his fight against Evans where he rocks him, only minutes before he himself gets brutally knocked out.

JuijitsWho, if you didn't laugh at that then I must be alone :P[/quote']

This is not funny at all................................ :P j/k

I've seen it a couple of times before also' date=' like when they were talking up Chuck for the shogun fight and they show part of his fight against Evans where he rocks him, only minutes before he himself gets brutally knocked out.

JuijitsWho, if you didn't laugh at that then I must be alone :P[/quote']

Not funny, just reality. The fights will always have turning points, and they will always show points in a fight that credit the skill of a fighter.

I perfectly realise all of the above, however when descirbing someones "knockout power", one would think that they would show a clip of them actually knocking someone out. Serra & Liddell both have knockout reels to choose from (especially liddell) I just think its weird that they choose vids of them not knocking anyone out.

If that makes sense?

I suppose the two videos I mentioned both show great hits. That of Serras on Caro, and Chucks on Evans. Win or lose, both had the potential to end the fight if it were'nt for the great chins of the opposing fighters.

Which leads me to think that these two videos would be better to show off Caro & Evans chins' rather than Serra & Chuck's knockout power. Which I both think they possess btw (before any mad serra & chuck fans mob me).

I do think they tend to overstate at times, it's an attempt to boost hype for that respective fight.

I think Joe Rogan does this the most when he hypes a pay per view (Pick one) and he says "this fight will be incredible, blah blah blah!" and it turns out to be just another fight. I understand their reasoning why they do it, but I get tired of hearing the same thing that it's going to be a legendary fight, and it's by far anything but that.

That is where they overstate, that thing about the reels doesn't bother me, but I get your point.

For me the most incredible overstatement was before the Lesnar vs Herring fight, Rogan says with a straight face about Herring "this guy is no joke".

The truth is that Herring is a custom made win for anyone with Major Wrestling skills. He was taken down and mounted constantly by jake O'Brien.

Dana just had to hand Lesnar a tape of that fight and say "here's your next match up"

ROFLMAO

I watched O'Brien vs Herring My god he spent 4:45 seconds of every round in a full mount. To say Herring had any hope vs a bigger HW with even better wrestling creds than O'Brien was a classic overstatement, that was "W" the moment the fight was signed.

Archived