Future Fights

atlmmafan6

Great UFC 96 fights last night! It got me thinking of some future fights I would like to see happen in the Light Heavyweight Division:

Brandon Vera vs Thiago Silva

Luiz Cane vs Forest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Keith Jardine

Lyota Machida vs Rampage/Evans winner

It's pretty crazy that Machida isn't getting his chance at Evans. Rampage just lost the title last year and didn't exactly prove himself that worthy for a chance at Evans in his fight with Jardine, where I personally think he just squeaked out the victory despite the judges scoring. Machida is a dominating fighter who can barely be touched. Whomever he ends up fighting it'll definitely be amazing to watch.

It's pretty crazy that Machida isn't getting his chance at Evans. Rampage just lost the title last year and didn't exactly prove himself that worthy for a chance at Evans in his fight with Jardine' date=' where I personally think he just squeaked out the victory despite the judges scoring. Machida is a dominating fighter who can barely be touched. Whomever he ends up fighting it'll definitely be amazing to watch.[/quote']

If anything this fight should have at least been Machida vs Rampage but Rampage is a UFC darling and got a break.

I personally think Machida should have gotten the title shot that he was promised since he get Silva by a stunning KO.I havent seen the Jackson/Jardine fight but Im going to watch it later.Jackson KOed Wanderlai (my bad if i spelled it wrong) but couldnt KO the weak chined Keith Jardine and won by Decision.I say they should have a fan vote on who Evans should face for the title.

little fun fact for everyone:Machida has never lost a round in any of his fights.

I never realized how much everyone likes Machida until now... or maybe it was because of that KO... Point is Machida is now a bandwagon fighter

Or maybe people have watched Machida before he joined the UFC and started posting on this website. Being a fan of a fighter doesn't start by making an account on this website you know. Also, Machida is a very skilled fighter and his fanbase will grow. Just a couple of thoughts.

Very bandwagoned' date=' I am glad to admit I am not on the bandwagon.[/quote']

Glad to say I was one of the people driving his wagon around collecting bandwagon fans lol. In this case though he was the most hated and **** talked fighter until that KO. What a difference 1 fight can make (reminds me of PipRock and Guida)

Or maybe people have watched Machida before he joined the UFC and started posting on this website. Being a fan of a fighter doesn't start by making an account on this website you know. Also' date=' Machida is a very skilled fighter and his fanbase will grow. Just a couple of thoughts.[/quote']

Oh yeah? Where are they? I guarentee a lot of people did not see him from the beginning, and if they all say they had then they are lying. Machida is good and deserves it, but wow Bandwagon is hilarious. Obviously you dont have to join this site to be a fan, try to make an intelligent statement instead of trying to make me look like a fool. It works a lot better

Glad to say I was one of the people driving his wagon around collecting bandwagon fans lol. In this case though he was the most hated and **** talked fighter until that KO. What a difference 1 fight can make (reminds me of PipRock and Guida)

Oh yeah? Where are they? I guarentee a lot of people did not see him from the beginning' date=' and if they all say they had then they are lying. Machida is good and deserves it, but wow Bandwagon is hilarious. Obviously you dont have to join this site to be a fan, try to make an intelligent statement instead of trying to make me look like a fool. It works a lot better[/quote']

Hey man, you were the one that came and called everyone a bandwagon like you are the only guy that is a legit Machida fan, yet know nothing about any of us. Does your avatar make you a legit Machida fan or something? LOL, you really think a lot of yourself messagboard warrior "Glad to say I was one of the people driving his wagon around collecting bandwagon fans lol" Yeah we all hail the king Machida fan LOL

Hey man' date=' you were the one that came and called everyone a bandwagon like you are the only guy that is a legit Machida fan, yet know nothing about any of us. Does your avatar make you a legit Machida fan or something? LOL, you really think a lot of yourself messagboard warrior "Glad to say I was one of the people driving his wagon around collecting bandwagon fans lol" Yeah we all hail the king Machida fan LOL[/quote']

Notice LOL? Damn, cannot take a joke? Messageboard warrior? When did I attack anyone? People on this forum are very very bad at debating. They get sparked over the simplest things I swear. No need to hail to the "King", I am just saying you guys are silly saying he deserves it so much more just because he is undefeated. It doesnt matter who gets that title shot out of Machida and Page, they both deserve it.

My Av is not Machida, what are you talking about. Something tells me we have another Chongo accounter.

You are an idiot if you think Machida was always this popular man. A simple idiot if you are telling me all these people now love him, and 1 year ago, he was probably the most hated, and boring fighter. No one liked him. That is a bandwagon man. Take it easy...

ever since the silva fight i have been completely blown away by the bandwagons. I have actually gotten to a point where I used to like Machida and now I can't cheer for him because of his fanbase. Sort of like Penn. I wanted him to beat Sherk and now I regret pulling for him. Machida will be dropped by his minions when he loses anyway. He'll be a boring peice of sh** again to all the idiots.

ever since the silva fight i have been completely blown away by the bandwagons. I have actually gotten to a point where I used to like Machida and now I can't cheer for him because of his fanbase. Sort of like Penn. I wanted him to beat Sherk and now I regret pulling for him. Machida will be dropped by his minions when he loses anyway. He'll be a boring peice of sh** again to all the idiots.

See.. Logic tells me that I have been watching this sport for awhile and can tell this makes sense. The Bandwagon is freakin huge now. His fanbase has swirled out of control with guys that are not even sure what they are saying. Penn was always popular though because he was controversial.

Machida isnt going to lose though :)

See.. Logic tells me that I have been watching this sport for awhile and can tell this makes sense. The Bandwagon is freakin huge now. His fanbase has swirled out of control with guys that are not even sure what they are saying. Penn was always popular though because he was controversial.

Machida isnt going to lose though :)

He'll lose some day. He may not lose to Rampage or rashad but someone will beat him some day. He won't retire undefeated.

See.. The Bandwagon is freakin huge now. His fanbase has swirled out of control with guys that are not even sure what they are saying. Penn was always popular though because he was controversial.

:)

Penn was always popular and still is so ya, that isn't a good analogy for bandwagons. But it is still an example of a fighter who's fanclub you just don't want to be a part of.

He'll lose some day. He may not lose to Rampage or rashad but someone will beat him some day. He won't retire undefeated.

I can agree with this. There is always someone who is better out there' date=' and it just takes awhile sometimes for them to come out of the cave they are in.

Rampage is gonna take him. you heard it here first.

Wouldnt surprise me if he won. It would surprise the **** out of me if he won the decision though. I would be shocked for weeks.

Penn was always popular and still is so ya' date=' that isn't a good analogy for bandwagons. But it is still an example of a fighter who's fanclub you just don't want to be a part of.[/quote']

Agreed. I may like BJ and his skills, but his fan base are ****es in short. I am a member of BJ's fan club, but that is only for the information that comes out of their that tells me what BJs next plans are. That website for fans is horrible.

It's pretty crazy that Machida isn't getting his chance at Evans. Rampage just lost the title last year and didn't exactly prove himself that worthy for a chance at Evans in his fight with Jardine' date=' where I personally think he just squeaked out the victory despite the judges scoring. Machida is a dominating fighter who can barely be touched. Whomever he ends up fighting it'll definitely be amazing to watch.[/quote']

Evans vs Rampage will be a good fight to show how good of a fighter Evans is. If Rampage wins than he is a joke and Lyoto will take the title then.

Great UFC 96 fights last night! It got me thinking of some future fights I would like to see happen in the Light Heavyweight Division:

Brandon Vera vs Thiago Silva

Luiz Cane vs Forest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Keith Jardine

Lyota Machida vs Rampage/Evans winner

Tyson Griffin should have won the bought with Sean Sherk

Cung Lee needs to come over and beat Anderson Silvas A**

Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley would be good but Brock will hurt him

Chuck Liddell will always be my top fighter and will be the joke Shogun

Lyoto can take Rashad out if Rampage can't

I hate GSP and Thiago will not beat him

Matt Hughes will get beat by a faster Serra

Mir will get beat by Brock

Randy Coulture is still a great fighter

Evans vs Rampage will be a good fight to show how good of a fighter Evans is. If Rampage wins than he is a joke and Lyoto will take the title then.

Why would Rampage be a joke if he defeated Evans? That would mean in my eyes he has become a champion and a true champion again. Evans is a beast' date=' but Machida is going to have trouble with both of them big time. Power of Rampage and the agility of a decent powerhouse Rashad. They will both give him a huge problem. Saying Page is a joke is like saying Forrest Griffin is the best in the world.

Cung Le will die in a fight Vs Anderson silva

Chuck will only beat Shogun if Shoguns cardio is still crappy

Matt Hughes has more advantages on paper then Serra, but I am still pulling for Serra as well.

Randy Couture is no longer a great fighter, but he is a legend for the sport and a great Icon.

Notice LOL? Damn' date=' cannot take a joke? Messageboard warrior? When did I attack anyone? People on this forum are very very bad at debating. They get sparked over the simplest things I swear. No need to hail to the "King", I am just saying you guys are silly saying he deserves it so much more just because he is undefeated. It doesnt matter who gets that title shot out of Machida and Page, they both deserve it.

My Av is not Machida, what are you talking about. Something tells me we have another Chongo accounter.

You are an idiot if you think Machida was always this popular man. A simple idiot if you are telling me all these people now love him, and 1 year ago, he was probably the most hated, and boring fighter. No one liked him. That is a bandwagon man. Take it easy...[/quote']

Lyoto has fans cause he wins, who the he!! has fans when they don't? If you knock out a a fighter I hate ......Jardine, Rashad, Tito, Bisping, GSP than you get my support

Actually Sherk did beat Griffin so dont be blind, Cung Le would get murdered by Anderson Silva, who else has Cung Le beat besides a over the hill frank Shamrock. You want to see Brock vs. Lashley, well go back to pro wrestling with that stuff, Lashley is much more of a MMA rookie then Lesnar is.

Lyoto has fans cause he wins' date=' who the he!! has fans when they don't?[/b'] If you knock out a a fighter I hate ......Jardine, Rashad, Tito, Bisping, GSP than you get my support

Ummm Forrest has fans when he loses... Chuck has fans when he loses... Couture has fans when he loses... Bonnar has fans when he loses... Diego Sanchez has fans when he loses... GSP had fans when he lost... Hughes, Serra, Vera... Filipovic... Gonzaga... Lesnar.. OMG I could go on for a week here.

So if you beat some of the best fighters in the world, that you hate for no reasons given, then you get the support of you? Awesome. Shows why you like this sport... To see people you have no reasons to dislike lose.

I personally think Machida should have gotten the title shot that he was promised since he get Silva by a stunning KO.I havent seen the Jackson/Jardine fight but Im going to watch it later.Jackson KOed Wanderlai (my bad if i spelled it wrong) but couldnt KO the weak chined Keith Jardine and won by Decision.I say they should have a fan vote on who Evans should face for the title.

little fun fact for everyone:Machida has never lost a round in any of his fights.

the reason Rampage is getting the fight is simply because he is already at the top of the ladder, where Machida had to climb the ladder to get to the top. I personally believe Machida should have gotten his title shot, but Rampage makes the UFC money, and thats who they are going with, but they are going to give Machida a much deserved shot.

the reason Rampage is getting the fight is simply because he is already at the top of the ladder' date=' where Machida had to climb the ladder to get to the top. I personally believe Machida should have gotten his title shot, but Rampage makes the UFC money, and thats who they are going with, but they are going to give Machida a much deserved shot.[/quote']

to say Rampage is getting a shot before Machida simply because he is at the top of the ladder is absurd. what ladder would that be anyway? The real reason is because two Black fighters fighting for the belt is a bigger in fact huge draw and no matter who wins then it will be another huge draw when the winner fights machida due to all the fan anticipation. Its all smart business and to think anything otherwise is to be naive. Its the propper way to run a business.

Why would Rampage be a joke if he defeated Evans? That would mean in my eyes he has become a champion and a true champion again. Evans is a beast' date=' but Machida is going to have trouble with both of them big time. Power of Rampage and the agility of a decent powerhouse Rashad. They will both give him a huge problem. Saying Page is a joke is like saying Forrest Griffin is the best in the world.

Cung Le will die in a fight Vs Anderson silva

Chuck will only beat Shogun if Shoguns cardio is still crappy

Matt Hughes has more advantages on paper then Serra, but I am still pulling for Serra as well.

Randy Couture is no longer a great fighter, but he is a legend for the sport and a great Icon.[/quote']

No I was stating that Rashad will be a joke I believe Rampage will knock him out if his cardio is right

Ummm Forrest has fans when he loses... Chuck has fans when he loses... Couture has fans when he loses... Bonnar has fans when he loses... Diego Sanchez has fans when he loses... GSP had fans when he lost... Hughes' date=' Serra, Vera... Filipovic... Gonzaga... Lesnar.. OMG I could go on for a week here.

So if you beat some of the best fighters in the world, that you hate for no reasons given, then you get the support of you? Awesome. Shows why you like this sport... To see people you have no reasons to dislike lose.[/quote']

You misunderstood my quote, fighters that dont win at all, that are big jokes!! dont have fans. I like this sport since it isn't a joke like boxing is and I enjoy watching people I hate in this sport get the ***** knocked out of them.

No I was stating that Rashad will be a joke I believe Rampage will knock him out if his cardio is right

I can see the fight ending that way. Its either UD Rashad or Rampage by TKO. Its going to be a good fight if they both properly train. To say either is going to guarentee destroy the other is nuts though. Rampage is not going to get KOd by Rashads power, considering it takes a good 30 unanswered knees, a flurry of punches, kicks, etc to KO Rampage 1 time.

Actually Sherk did beat Griffin so dont be blind' date=' Cung Le would get murdered by Anderson Silva, who else has Cung Le beat besides a over the hill frank Shamrock. You want to see Brock vs. Lashley, well go back to pro wrestling with that stuff, Lashley is much more of a MMA rookie then Lesnar is.[/quote']

And I stated that Griffin should have won it...I know that Sherk won. Cung Le is so much better than Anderson and we will see when he does get in the UFC. I want to see Brock vs Lashley since they both have great wrestling backgrounds and I would to see a real fight with them not the WWE crap.

Aside from the Rashad vs Rampage fight because its on 514651313213135464968463444863 other threads.

I wanna see Franklin vs Rampage

I think this would be an awesome fight!

What r ur thoughts?

Franklin relies a lot on his striking to set up takedowns. With that said I really don't think he would pose a problem for Rampage.

Rich vs Rampage is weird one for sure. Technique vs Heavy power and solid chin. I dont think it would last though

I would like to see Spidey/Shogun, Spidey/Rampage.

I would like to also see Frankie Edgar vs Urijah Faber or Mike Brown

I would also like to see BJ vs Aoki.. just to see if Aoki can SUB BJ

Another one is Miguel Torres vs FW champion at the time

Fedor vs anyone just so I can laugh at the challenger, and also Barnett would be nice to see.

Machida vs Ramp/Shad, just to see what would happen.

I heard awhile back that Gonzaga may move down to LHW, but am not sure of this. I think he could be solid after a couple weight cuts. Fedor at LHW would be awesome to see as well in the UFC of course. Thats all I got for now.

And I stated that Griffin should have won it...I know that Sherk won. Cung Le is so much better than Anderson and we will see when he does get in the UFC. I want to see Brock vs Lashley since they both have great wrestling backgrounds and I would to see a real fight with them not the WWE crap.

Cung Le is not better then Silva. That is ridiculous. #1 P4P fighter in the world is being compared to a scrub who I dont even think is a top 10 fighter for his division. I could be wrong but I dont think he is.

I said your blind because sherk obviously won against Griffin. I dont understand why your putting Cung Le on Anderson's Level. Cung Le needs to be more active, but i do agree cung le is a better actor then Anderson Silva. Cung Le is only 6-0 in MMA so i will leave it at that.

Here is the list of who Cung Le has beat:

Win Frank Shamrock

Win Sammy Morgan

Win Tony Fryklund

Win Jason Von Flue

Win Brian Warren

Win Mike Altman

now do you think Cung le is on Anderson's level

Cung Le is undefeated in his professional Sanshou career (17-0-0)[5]. He has won three US Open International Martial Arts Championships (1994, 1995,1996). He has also won 4 US National Championships (Orlando, Florida 1994, Dallas, TX, 1995, Baltimore, MD, 1997). He earned three bronze medals in his amateur San Shou world competition. He has been a three-time captain of the United States teams that competed and was the U.S. team captain at the World Wushu Championships in 1997 (Italy) and 1999 (Hong Kong). On December 15, 2001 he defeated Shonie Carter by unanimous decision in San Jose, California to win the IKF Pro Light-Heavyweight San Shou World Title. In May 2003, Le entered into K-1 competitions where he garnered a 3-0 career record, including 1 knockout.

Again let them fight in the ring and you will see that Anderson cannot beat him.

Cung Le is undefeated in his professional Sanshou career (17-0-0)[5]. He has won three US Open International Martial Arts Championships (1994' date=' 1995,1996). He has also won 4 US National Championships (Orlando, Florida 1994, Dallas, TX, 1995, Baltimore, MD, 1997). He earned three bronze medals in his amateur San Shou world competition. He has been a three-time captain of the United States teams that competed and was the U.S. team captain at the World Wushu Championships in 1997 (Italy) and 1999 (Hong Kong). On December 15, 2001 he defeated Shonie Carter by unanimous decision in San Jose, California to win the IKF Pro Light-Heavyweight San Shou World Title. In May 2003, Le entered into K-1 competitions where he garnered a 3-0 career record, including 1 knockout.

Again let them fight in the ring and you will see that Anderson cannot beat him.[/quote']

Did you copy and paste that from wiki? Nice job. The problem with that novel is that this is MMA ONLY and the other stuff, while impressive at some level, means nothing here. I have the technical break down for you; Andersen Silva is good. Cung Le is not.

Cung Le is undefeated in his professional Sanshou career (17-0-0)[5]. He has won three US Open International Martial Arts Championships (1994' date=' 1995,1996). He has also won 4 US National Championships (Orlando, Florida 1994, Dallas, TX, 1995, Baltimore, MD, 1997). He earned three bronze medals in his amateur San Shou world competition. He has been a three-time captain of the United States teams that competed and was the U.S. team captain at the World Wushu Championships in 1997 (Italy) and 1999 (Hong Kong). On December 15, 2001 he defeated Shonie Carter by unanimous decision in San Jose, California to win the IKF Pro Light-Heavyweight San Shou World Title. In May 2003, Le entered into K-1 competitions where he garnered a 3-0 career record, including 1 knockout.

Again let them fight in the ring and you will see that Anderson cannot beat him.[/quote']

I think the only fighter Anderson couldn't handle is Bizarro Anderson. For those of you who haven't noticed. Anderson is quite handy in a fight. Keep an eye on him, he's one for the future.

What exactly makes Cung Le not good? You are just blind to see what a great fighter is other than those in the UFC. Silva is beatable and will be beat this year

Alright Ill break the fight down for you if you want to hear it

Stand up - Anderson Silva has a distinct advantage. He has heavy striking kicks, excellent punching power, deadly knees, and elbows with instant KO power. All of those strikes are extremely accurate. To give and idea of how accurate Spidey is, just watch his match against Leben, or Franklin. Against Leben he connected with every single strike on his chin or head area. Cung Le does not have excellent strikes, they are okay to say the most, but compared to a world class MT striker with 8 points of death, then I think I am easily throwing my money on Spidey

Wrestling - I will give this to Cung Le even though I havent seen him use it, and I know Spideys wrestling is his true weakness.

BJJ/Ground wrestling/ground control - EASILY Spidey. Has Cung even been properly tested by solid ground grappling? No. This isnt even comparable.

Clinch work - OMG!!!! Spidey by absolute MURDER in this. If the plum came in one then this fight is over. There is no ones chin that can take that plum of Spideys. It would be ended after multiple, or a single knee.

Everyone on this site knows of fighters outside of the UFC. Cung Le has fought Cans, and is nearly a Can himself at this point. Jason Von Flue!? Frank Shamrock out of his prime? This is embarrassing to even speak of these guys as real competition. My god Marquardt would destroy both of them, one after the other, in the first with a total combined time of less then 1 round or 5 minutes. We know who Fedor is. We know who Barnett is. We know who Alvarez is. We know who Aoki is. We know who Lawler is. We know who Vitor is. We know... Oh I give up...

Alright Ill break the fight down for you if you want to hear it

Stand up - Anderson Silva has a distinct advantage. He has heavy striking kicks' date=' excellent punching power, deadly knees, and elbows with instant KO power. All of those strikes are extremely accurate. To give and idea of how accurate Spidey is, just watch his match against Leben, or Franklin. Against Leben he connected with every single strike on his chin or head area. Cung Le does not have excellent strikes, they are okay to say the most, but compared to a world class MT striker with 8 points of death, then I think I am easily throwing my money on Spidey

Wrestling - I will give this to Cung Le even though I havent seen him use it, and I know Spideys wrestling is his true weakness.

BJJ/Ground wrestling/ground control - EASILY Spidey. Has Cung even been properly tested by solid ground grappling? No. This isnt even comparable.

Clinch work - OMG!!!! Spidey by absolute MURDER in this. If the plum came in one then this fight is over. There is no ones chin that can take that plum of Spideys. It would be ended after multiple, or a single knee.[/quote']

pretty good, though i would give wrestling to Silva as well lol.

Archived