Suggestion for the UFC at live events

TampaCT

I went to the UFC Fight night in Tampa last month. I had great seats that were right in the center on one of the sides. I got there early and was really excited when I saw how the seats truly were right in the center looking from the side of the octagon. Then the camera guys showed up. I know that TV is king and is the driving force financially for these fights so they have to get good shots and want them from all four sides…but why don’t they have the four camera guys stand at four posts. They could still get the shots from four opposite sides, but they would not be blocking the view or sightlines of the crowd since the post is already there. They are shooting over the top of the fence so it doesn’t matter if they are at a post or in the middle of the fence.

Please! Move the camera guys to the post! It would be the same for the TV guys, but would really help the live spectator’s view.

The TV camera work is great! And I think that it would have no impact at all for the four cameras to all stand at a post and not in the middle of the fense where the live fans are trying to see.

Its one of those things that just seemed to make sense, but I thought that maybe someone just had to say something.

You know whats worse than camera guys? The one guy sitting in front of me who kept standing up for no reason. I know people like to stand when something exciting is going on but he was the only one standing which meant if I wanted to see the fight I would have to be the 2nd only guy standing and piss everyone behind me off.

You know whats worse than camera guys? The one guy sitting in front of me who kept standing up for no reason. I know people like to stand when something exciting is going on but he was the only one standing which meant if I wanted to see the fight I would have to be the 2nd only guy standing and piss everyone behind me off.

I couldn't stand the guy behind me, everytime a fighter would go to do something he would say it was a submission and he was wrong everytime, I think it was Lauzon trying to pass Jeremy Stephens guard and he grabbed his head to pass and the guy was like oh he has him in a guillotine, and he was yelling oh he's got an armbar every fight. The only time he didn't yell it was when J-Lau put stephens in an armbar.

we need to impose movie theater etiquette at fights. Take all the exitement right out of it. I'm down with that.

Archived