Skip the Bill

Jonsolo19

A message to Mr. White:

It would be nice if access to the Octagon is limited only to fighters on the bill for the night. Evans and Jackson were only a "listen here brother," from being a WWF Highlight. Acting like street thugs and promising "Black-on-Black crime" is the kind of crap that gets the sport labeled as human pit-fighting.

Talk and hype are necessary evils that generate interest in upcoming fights, but allowing fighters to stand nose-to-nose and yell into a microphone places the fighters (and the sport) in the same class as the White trash that flops around in sparkling spandex only to fake a fight.

I found Jackson's and Evans' respective behaviors (post Jardine bout) to be disgusting. I thought Jackson's offer of a handshake was going to be the redeeming factor until he made is follow-on comment.

At minimum, I would like to see the fighters carry themselves with a bit more dignity and class. If that can't happen on the personal/professional level, then I would like to see Mr. White regulate the behavior for the sake of the sport. It has lenough literal scars from the amazing fights over the years. It doesn't need to make room for being marred figuratively as well.

Thanks for the consideration.

Jon

A message to Mr. White:

It would be nice if access to the Octagon is limited only to fighters on the bill for the night. Evans and Jackson were only a "listen here brother' date='" from being a WWF Highlight. Acting like street thugs and promising "Black-on-Black crime" is the kind of crap that gets the sport labeled as [i']human pit-fighting[/i].

Talk and hype are necessary evils that generate interest in upcoming fights, but allowing fighters to stand nose-to-nose and yell into a microphone places the fighters (and the sport) in the same class as the White trash that flops around in sparkling spandex only to fake a fight.

I found Jackson's and Evans' respective behaviors (post Jardine bout) to be disgusting. I thought Jackson's offer of a handshake was going to be the redeeming factor until he made is follow-on comment.

At minimum, I would like to see the fighters carry themselves with a bit more dignity and class. If that can't happen on the personal/professional level, then I would like to see Mr. White regulate the behavior for the sake of the sport. It has lenough literal scars from the amazing fights over the years. It doesn't need to make room for being marred figuratively as well.

Jon

Well they never do this in boxing right? In boxing they never bite peoples ears off, literally start fighting at the weigh ins, rapping after they win about how they are unstoppable etc.

I think you are exaggerating and are looking to deep at something so very simple. Its a fight builder. Everyone who bought the PPV is now going to get UFC98 because they NEED to see that match. They saw the intensity between two of the greatest LHW fighters ever.

He is not going to read this post. You are a fool to think Dana is going to come onto this forum, come look at this thread, read it, see that some guy named Jon has something that has no positive value to say and then change how to build a fight. Seriously, this type of thing is what HBO and the all the major boxing associations have done for a long time. If you cant handle the heat of watching something so easy to understand then maybe you should watch a sport like CURLING.

Everyone who calls this sport "Human Pit Fighting" are idiots. They literally have no idea what they are talking about and should maybe watch a couple matches. It is sanctioned in most states now and is a pretty safe sport if they ever did their research correctly. John Mccain (though an idiot himself) made the right decision a long time ago to ban the NO Holds Barred UFC, because it was very dangerous. Nowadays we have MMA style where there are so many different things to look at and judge with, while the rules have changed and make it very safe.

So please, how about before you say things like this you figure it out first.

Well they never do this in boxing right? In boxing they never bite peoples ears off' date=' literally start fighting at the weigh ins, rapping after they win about how they are unstoppable etc.

I think you are exaggerating and are looking to deep at something so very simple. Its a fight builder. Everyone who bought the PPV is now going to get UFC98 because they NEED to see that match. They saw the intensity between two of the greatest LHW fighters ever.

He is not going to read this post. [b']You are a fool to think Dana is going to come onto this forum, come look at this thread, read it, see that some guy named Jon has something that has no positive value to say and then change how to build a fight. Seriously, this type of thing is what HBO and the all the major boxing associations have done [/b]for a long time. If you cant handle the heat of watching something so easy to understand then maybe you should watch a sport like CURLING.

Everyone who calls this sport "Human Pit Fighting" are idiots. They literally have no idea what they are talking about and should maybe watch a couple matches. It is sanctioned in most states now and is a pretty safe sport if they ever did their research correctly. John Mccain (though an idiot himself) made the right decision a long time ago to ban the NO Holds Barred UFC, because it was very dangerous. Nowadays we have MMA style where there are so many different things to look at and judge with, while the rules have changed and make it very safe.

Just tell him ArlovskiViaKo sent you.

Well they never do this in boxing right? In boxing they never bite peoples ears off' date=' literally start fighting at the weigh ins, rapping after they win about how they are unstoppable etc.

He is not going to read this post. You are a fool to think Dana is going to come onto this forum, come look at this thread, read it, see that some guy named Jon has something that has no positive value to say and then change how to build a fight. Seriously, this type of thing is what HBO and the all the major boxing associations have done for a long time. If you cant handle the heat of watching something so easy to understand then maybe you [b']should watch a sport like CURLING[/b].

Curling is rubbish. Thats just science. Its all around us. Even in the air.

He is not going to read this post. You are a fool to think Dana is going to come onto this forum, come look at this thread, read it, see that some guy named Jon has something that has no positive value to say and then change how to build a fight. Seriously, this type of thing is what HBO and the all the major boxing associations have done for a long time. If you cant handle the heat of watching something so easy to understand then maybe you should watch a sport like CURLING.

So please, how about before you say things like this you figure it out first.[/quote']

You know the game and I get alot from your posts, even though I don't agree with all of them I'm open minded enough to see your point. I have to say though, using boxing as an example isn't a good idea considering the entire sport is on life support. I also didn't get the impression that he agreed with mma being called "human pit fighting", I just think he meant that hype like that fuels the fire for morons that do. I completely disagree with him. I agree that it was harmless hype and entertaining to alot of people.

Well I am going to UFC 98. Its on my 35 birthday. I was very sad when I heard Brock was not gonna be on the card. Then they turned to Rashad (who is from my home town) and I felt better. Then all that trash talk at the end of the fight.... Well I can tell you now I am 100 % PUMPED UP about this fight.(if it happens)

You know the game and I get alot from your posts' date=' even though I don't agree with all of them I'm open minded enough to see your point. I have to say though, using boxing as an example isn't a good idea considering the entire sport is on life support. I also didn't get the impression that he agreed with mma being called "human pit fighting", I just think he meant that hype like that fuels the fire for morons that do. I completely disagree with him. I agree that it was harmless hype and entertaining to alot of people.[/quote']

Boxing knows how to do two things and that is drain the life of its fans, and of course hype a fight. If you did not hear of Pacman vs De La Hoya it was because you dont have a TV, the internet, radio, or anything to link you to media. Also, you more then likely have a home in a cave or forest.

Well I am going to UFC 98. Its on my 35 birthday. I was very sad when I heard Brock was not gonna be on the card. Then they turned to Rashad (who is from my home town) and I felt better. Then all that trash talk at the end of the fight.... Well I can tell you now I am 100 % PUMPED UP about this fight.(if it happens)

What a surprise. Mike would you consider yourself a fan of MMA? or a hardcore fan of MMA? or a fan of fighting in general?

And why are you hyped about them trash talking? I just want to get your opinion.

To chip in my few cents worth, I think a little trash talk is good. It is a bit much sometimes, and annoys me, but I have to admit that watching them jaw each other I was sitting there hoping for one of them to just lamp the other one! Kind of guttural, instinctive fight mode.

I'd watch the fights anyways, even if they were being nice, but it did get me ready faster.

And IMO, Rampage wins the trash talk hands down. Couldn't really hear what Rashad was saying, but he definitely got more bent out of shape!

MMA is a sport. Before its a sport it's combat. People can't hold hands and suck each other off when they're about to fight. If you don't like it then find something else to watch.

EDIT: Rampage's "there's about to be more black on black crime" was hilarious.

MMA is a sport. Before its a sport it's combat. People can't hold hands and suck each other off when they're about to fight. If you don't like it then find something else to watch.

EDIT: Rampage's "there's about to be more black on black crime" was hilarious.

I think I may be the only one who cant stand Rampage's brand of "humor"...

A message to Mr. White:

It would be nice if access to the Octagon is limited only to fighters on the bill for the night. Evans and Jackson were only a "listen here brother' date='" from being a WWF Highlight. Acting like street thugs and promising "Black-on-Black crime" is the kind of crap that gets the sport labeled as [i']human pit-fighting[/i].

Jon

Calm down. Seriously not a big deal. I dont think Rashad should have got in his face like that but I'm not gonna make a thread about it.

LMAO' date=' Rashad said in that little trash talking session, and I quote,

seriously WTF?!?!?![/quote']

I heard that too. I about DIED!!!! LMAO

Rampage wasnt doing very well either tho.

"Dont say that Rashad, Dont say that Rashad" LOL

Thought that was great too

A message to Mr. White:

Jon

This is dumb. Grow up man. If you know ur gonna fight some guy in a bar u dont go up and shake his hand and say " Hey there buddy, I cant wait until we exchange punches, how do you feel about being best friends after its all over?"

Seriously. That sh** sells. Whether u like it or not, its not going to stop. It has no negative affect on the sport. Now granted, if they were in a public place and starting s*** with an average person thats one thing.

Have u ever watched a UFC weigh in? If not, I suggest u dont or you will literally have a heart attack

This is dumb. Grow up man. If you know ur gonna fight some guy in a bar u dont go up and shake his hand and say " Hey there buddy' date=' I cant wait until we exchange punches, how do you feel about being best friends after its all over?"

Seriously. That sh** sells. Whether u like it or not, its not going to stop. It has no negative affect on the sport. Now granted, if they were in a public place and starting s*** with an average person thats one thing.

Have u ever watched a UFC weigh in? If not, I suggest u dont or you will literally have a heart attack[/quote']

LMAO at this. Good points but very funny.

Archived