Favourite Pride Event or Match

IwishIwasMMA

Since no one brought this up yet as a Thread' date=' I believe it is time.

What is your favourite Pride event or match? Why?

A quick example of a good match, Herring/Nog I. Exciting and a lot of position changing.[/quote']

Pride sucked, I didn't like any fights, especially not the one where Rampage damn near slammed Arona through the ring.

Pride sucked' date=' I didn't like any fights, especially not the one where Rampage damn near slammed Arona through the ring.[/quote']

LOL you think Arona would have learned a valuable lesson from watching the Sakuraba/Rampage fight... but I guess not. If it would have been legal to throw your opponent out of the ring, Sakuraba would have been killed.

Moral of the story: Submissions are easy to get on Rampage, but is your life worth the risk.

LOL you think Arona would have learned a valuable lesson from watching the Sakuraba/Rampage fight... but I guess not. If it would have been legal to throw your opponent out of the ring' date=' Sakuraba would have been killed.

Moral of the story: Submissions are easy to get on Rampage, [b']but is your life worth the risk[/b].

There life is worth my enjoyment.

Sakuraba vs. Royce! Now that **** there was amazing! Both guys going at it for an hour and Sakuraba stepping in against Igor after to fight to a draw...damn those Grand Prixs were the best...thank got for Sengoku and DREAM hahahaha

That match was one of the longest matches I have ever seen. There was no way Saku could take Igor on after that. Even on a full tank Saku would have a lot of trouble with Igor...

That match was one of the longest matches I have ever seen. There was no way Saku could take Igor on after that. Even on a full tank Saku would have a lot of trouble with Igor...

yeah, but the amazing thing was he was able to fight igor to a draw right after...nuts!

• 5 months later...

Pride 32

Eric "Butterbean" Esch vs Sean O' Haire, Butterbean by TKO (strikes) at 0:29 rd one

Dan Henderson vs Vitor Belfort, Henderson wins by unanimous decision

Robbie Lawler vs Joey Villasenor, Lawler wins by KO (flying knee) at 0:22 rd one

Josh Barnett vs Pawel Nastula, Barnett defeated Nastula by submission (toe hold) at 3:04 rd two

Mauricio Rua vs Kevin Randleman, Rua defeated Randleman by submission (kneebar) at 2:35 rd one

Fedor vs Mark Coleman, Fedor defeated Coleman by submission (armbar) at 1:15 rd two

This was an awesome event, one of my favorites. If you don't own it I suggest buying it, or at least renting it. Good Thread btw.

• 3 weeks later...

Moral of the story: Submissions are easy to get on Rampage' date=' but is your life worth the risk.[/quote']

wow.. made me laugh so hard... and yeah i would NEVER attempt a triangle on Rampage.. i once attempted a triangle on a friend of mines who weighs 350lbs and him being funny picked me up with ease and made me think i was gonna get slammed.. so i tapped while in the air.. lmao.. its not fun when your up there..

Nog/Coleman - Pride 16: Beasts from the East

Nog/Henderson - Pride 24: Cold Fury 3

Fedor/Nog 1 - Pride 25: Body Blow

Nog/Cro-Cop - Pride: Final Conflict

Nog/ Herring 2 - Pride: Critical Countdown 04

Fedor/Nog 3 - Pride: Shockwave 04

Nog/Werdum - Pride: Critical Countdown Absolute

Nog/Barnett 1 - Pride: Final Conflict Absolute

Nog/Barnett 2 - Pride: Shockwave 06

Bet you can't guess who my favorite fighter was in Pride.......HAHAHA

Honestly, there were so many great fights in Pride I couldn't even try and list them all, so I just listed all of my favorites :)

Nog/Coleman - Pride 16: Beasts from the East

Nog/Henderson - Pride 24: Cold Fury 3

Fedor/Nog 1 - Pride 25: Body Blow

Nog/Cro-Cop - Pride: Final Conflict

Nog/ Herring 2 - Pride: Critical Countdown 04

Fedor/Nog 3 - Pride: Shockwave 04

Nog/Werdum - Pride: Critical Countdown Absolute

Nog/Barnett 1 - Pride: Final Conflict Absolute

Nog/Barnett 2 - Pride: Shockwave 06

Bet you can't guess who my favorite fighter was in Pride.......HAHAHA

Honestly' date=' there were so many great fights in Pride I couldn't even try and list them all, so I just listed all of my favorites :)[/quote']

Get into the Bushido's homie lol. Your naming all HW's lol

I am shocked that nobody has mentioned what I think is the greatest fight in MMA history. It may not have been the most technical battle but in my opinion by far the best to watch - Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama' date=' Shoguns Final Confllict performance was pretty special too.[/quote']

Yeah, I enjoyed both of those fights a lot....any of Shoguns fights are great really

Archived