Matt Hughes Still wants To fight Anderson Silva!!

ricoj3323

i can't believe that Matt Hughes still wants to move up to middleweight and fight Anderson Silva, i think Matt is a small welterweight and he shouldnt want to fight Anderson after someone with lesser skill level then Anderson like Thiago Alves knocked the crap out of him. I think Matt Hughes would have alot problems with Maia and marquardt too if he moved up to middleweight, He should focus on beating Matt Serra and focus on evovling his MMA game because it seems Matt hughes is too old school. This is kind of off subject but does anyone know what happened with Matt Hughes's brother Mark Hughes because i thought Mark signed to fight with the UFC?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14207/matt-hughes-not-ruling-out-a-future-move-to-middleweight.mma

Hughes v Carwin.

If there really was a god.......

LOL if we really need to go to HW and be ridiculous then there is only one man for the job...

Fedor... It would be a good fight. Hughes would throw 8374830745734573490583845834908590238 punches at Fedors face. Fedor would then finally stop playing cards, look at Hughes and say "Initiating ARMBAR!" and then Hughes would have a detached arm...

Or Bobb Sapp if you want it to be a fair match.

LOL if we really need to go to HW and be ridiculous then there is only one man for the job...

Fedor... It would be a good fight. Hughes would throw 8374830745734573490583845834908590238 punches at Fedors face. Fedor would then finally stop playing cards' date=' look at Hughes and say "Initiating ARMBAR!" and then Hughes would have a detached arm...

Or Bobb Sapp if you want it to be a fair match.[/quote']

No on Sapp, I don't want Hughes punching him leading to a verbal submission or something.

The cards bit was hilarious. A common threat in my household is "Don't make my put down my cards..." said in a dodgy russian accent

i really stood here for like... 2 hours wating for a meteor or something similar to fall and kill 1 2 guys that posted on this thread ..

what the hell is happening ? why this disrespect for a hall of famer? the man wants to test himself. only a guy that never fought inside a cage , only a guy with no guts will let the chance of getting embarrased in front of his dreams.

why this total lack of education ? i literally dont believe my eyes. "Iwish" ,dude u have some serious issues that needs to be solved somewhere else , not here. i`m here for 4 days , been on a couple of MMA forums nowhere came even close to this. there is no MOD here ? no nothing?

i hope u guys are on drugs or something can nothing else can explain this. i came close to respect you guys but u have like a pleasure in proving me wrong.

i really stood here for like... 2 hours wating for a meteor or something similar to fall and kill 1 2 guys that posted on this thread ..

what the hell is happening ? why this disrespect for a hall of famer? the man wants to test himself. only a guy that never fought inside a cage ' date=' only a guy with no guts will let the chance of getting embarrased in front of his dreams.

why this total lack of education ? i literally dont believe my eyes. "Iwish" ,dude u have some serious issues that needs to be solved somewhere else , not here. i`m here for 4 days , been on a couple of MMA forums nowhere came even close to this. there is no MOD here ? no nothing?

i hope u guys are on drugs or something can nothing else can explain this. i came close to respect you guys but u have like a pleasure in proving me wrong.[/quote']

No doubt that Hughes is a phenomenal fighter with an amazing legacy. There is absolutely no denying that.

However,, that does not mean I have to respect him as a person. Whenever the guy opens his mouth he sounds like a jerk. Reading some of his book, he sounded even more like a jerk.

Being a great fighter means we have to respect his skills and dedication to fighting. Being a jerk means we don't have to respect him as a person.

And don't tell me you never wanted to see a fighter you dislike cop a pasting.

Hughes cant even hang in his own weight class why in the hell would he want to move up and fight the best in that weight class? The only reason why I think he would want to is to get his name back out there...no matter what...like humiliation.

hughes is a ****bag. I dont respect him as a fighter or a person. He could quite possibly be the worst thing to ever happen to this sport. Well, him and Kimbo. But just the same. Hes not that great of a fighter, hes runs his mouth more than a highschool cheerleader whose best friend just got pregnant. His book is TERRIBLE! His attitude is even worse. And if he thinks he can actually hang with A. Silva, hes doing more than just dreaming. BTW. He is not a hall of famer in my book. He won the title by getting choked out and falling over. Thats not a champion.

what the hell is happening ? why this disrespect for a hall of famer? the man wants to test himself. only a guy that never fought inside a cage ' date=' only a guy with no guts will let the chance of getting embarrased in front of his dreams.

i hope u guys are on drugs or something can nothing else can explain this. i came close to respect you guys but u have like a pleasure in proving me wrong.[/quote']

No man not at all. Matt Hughes is one of the biggest jerks in the sport. Ask Matt Serra. Actually, just ask any fan or fighter.

Matt Hughes was a very talented fighter until he got older and time caught up with him. He was definitely a true champion though and one of the greatest. Point is though you have to be a lot better then that to beat Spidey.

nobody says hughes sucked or sucks as a fighter. he isnt what he use to be. but anderson silva would demolish him, thats fact.

so why the hate toward matt hughes , the deserving future hall of famer?? cuz hes a turd. hes too ****y, he is arrogant... he is just a easy person to dislike.

nobody says hughes sucked or sucks as a fighter. he isnt what he use to be. but anderson silva would demolish him' date=' thats fact.

so why the hate toward matt hughes , the deserving future hall of famer?? cuz hes a turd. hes too ****y, he is arrogant... he is just a easy person to dislike.[/quote']

Actually I said that he sucks as a fighter ;)

I still think Hughes won all those fights because he was a great wrestler and very strong...he had no striking, no bjj...just take-down and GNP. At the time of his reign, not many ppl can defend the superior wrestler's take-downs. He was one of the few great wrestlers to emerge at the time. Thats why when he came onboard, many wrestlers followed after him. But as of now, pretty much everyone is at least an average wrestler. On another note, I think Judo would be the next thing to emerge.

i can't believe that Matt Hughes still wants to move up to middleweight and fight Anderson Silva' date=' i think Matt is a small welterweight and he shouldnt want to fight Anderson after someone with lesser skill level then Anderson like Thiago Alves knocked the crap out of him. I think Matt Hughes would have alot problems with Maia and marquardt too if he moved up to middleweight, He should focus on beating Matt Serra and focus on evovling his MMA game because it seems Matt hughes is too old school. This is kind of off subject but does anyone know what happened with Matt Hughes's brother Mark Hughes because i thought Mark signed to fight with the UFC?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14207/matt-hughes-not-ruling-out-a-future-move-to-middleweight.mma[/quote']

if no one answered; his brother runs the hughes farm instead

but yeah. fighting a. silva would be the dumbest thing he could do. if he beats serra he should finally retire, at least end with a win, instead of a long string of losses.

PLEASE do not allow Hughes to fight Silva. It will be one sided not to mention GSP if anyone should be the only one to move up and fight him. Thats a waste to let a washed up wrestler fight a supreme fighter. it would be a re run of the Gracie/Hughes fight...very sad!

PLEASE do not allow Hughes to fight Silva. It will be one sided not to mention GSP if anyone should be the only one to move up and fight him. Thats a waste to let a washed up wrestler fight a supreme fighter. it would be a re run of the Gracie/Hughes fight...very sad!

There is the possibility that he will put Hughes in a Triangle and Hughes will pick him up and put him on the fence until he passes out thus dropping Silva and KOing him, Making it look like he did it on purpose.

There is the possibility that he will put Hughes in a Triangle and Hughes will pick him up and put him on the fence until he passes out thus dropping Silva and KOing him' date=' Making it look like he did it on purpose.[/quote']

so thats what really happened in the carlos newton fight...

Im not a fan of Matt Hughes. He seems detatched and egotistical.

Anderson Silva is the best striker in all of MMA. He can knockout anybody, and quickly.

Would Matt Hughes stand with Andy?

Not a chance in hell Matt Hughes is so delusional to think he could stand with Anderson Silva. Even Anderson wont automatically ko Hughes when he goes for the shoot.

So ask yourself this plain question. Is Anderson Silvas Jiu Jitsu that much more dominant than Hughes wrestling. it isnt. Andy can hang with Hughes on ground, but it could go either way.

Matt Hughes has a shot, and a better one than Michael Bisping on his best day.

I still think Hughes won all those fights because he was a great wrestler and very strong...he had no striking' date=' no bjj...just take-down and GNP. At the time of his reign, not many ppl can defend the superior wrestler's take-downs. He was one of the few great wrestlers to emerge at the time. Thats why when he came onboard, many wrestlers followed after him. But as of now, pretty much everyone is at least an average wrestler. On another note, I think Judo would be the next thing to emerge.[/quote']

I'm not to sure about judo being the next big thing to emerge.

The pimp slap. The first fighter to bring that bad boy into the octagon, they are going to be immortal.

Im not a fan of Matt Hughes. He seems detatched and egotistical.

Anderson Silva is the best striker in all of MMA. He can knockout anybody' date=' and quickly.

Would Matt Hughes stand with Andy?

Not a chance in hell Matt Hughes is so delusional to think he could stand with Anderson Silva. Even Anderson wont automatically ko Hughes when he goes for the shoot.

So ask yourself this plain question. Is Anderson Silvas Jiu Jitsu that much more dominant than Hughes wrestling. it isnt. Andy can hang with Hughes on ground, but it could go either way.

Matt Hughes has a shot, and a better one than Michael Bisping on his best day.[/quote']

I disagree with the Jits thing. Anderson has TOP NOTCH BJJ and could and would sub Matt with relative ease. Hughes is not powerful enough to hold him down anyways. Hes strong for a WW. But silva walks around at 220 at the least. Matt has no chance against Silva. Anything can happen in MMA except for Matt poundung Silva out. Thats just rediculous to think that

I'm not to sure about judo being the next big thing to emerge.

The pimp slap. The first fighter to bring that bad boy into the octagon' date=' they are going to be immortal.[/quote']

I agree with this whole heartidly. Judo is a joke compared to the pimp slap. Seriously look it up. If u do look it up and still dont believe me. Watch Pootie Tang. Thats all I have to say about that

I disagree with the Jits thing. Anderson has TOP NOTCH BJJ and could and would sub Matt with relative ease.

You might wanna watch the COTE fight again. Cote did more damage off his back to Silva than Silva did on top of him. While i'm here... i'll ad that Cote took some of the hardest puches Anderson has landed in the UFC and shrugged them off. Cotes chin is second to none. You ain't gotta like Cote but give credit where credit is due.

You might wanna watch the COTE fight again. Cote did more damage off his back to Silva than Silva did on top of him. While i'm here... i'll ad that Cote took some of the hardest puches Anderson has landed in the UFC and shrugged them off. Cotes chin is second to none. You ain't gotta like Cote but give credit where credit is due.

Wait what? What the hell does Cote have to do with any of this? Im talking about MATT HUGHES and his terrible fight skills. Silva would destroy him and u cant argue that. I dont care who u r

Cote got his **** whooped by a half inspired Anderson Silva.

Wait what? What the hell does Cote have to do with any of this? Im talking about MATT HUGHES and his terrible fight skills. Silva would destroy him and u cant argue that. I dont care who u r

Hughes is a bum, plain and simple. A has, not is. You made a comment on his BJJ. I don't think Silvas BJJ is all its cracked up to be. If it was He should of had NO problem finishing Cote on the ground.

the other stuff about Cote was me being a smart ****. I do that some times

Hughes is a bum' date=' plain and simple. A has, not is. You made a comment on his BJJ. I don't think Silvas BJJ is all its cracked up to be. If it was He should of had NO problem finishing Cote on the ground.

the other stuff about Cote was me being a smart ****. I do that some times[/quote']

Oh. Ok.lol

As far as the BJJ thing. If it werent all its cracked up to be he never wouldve gotten Lutter in a triangle and keep him there for 2 minutes

Oh. Ok.lol

As far as the BJJ thing. If it werent all its cracked up to be he never wouldve gotten Lutter in a triangle and keep him there for 2 minutes

True, i think BJJ is good just not as good as he's hyped up to be. And don't get me started on Lutter (Franklin should never have gotten out pf that armbar)

Or maybe he just really didn't have any drive to fight.

That would be like saying he didn't really care if he lost the belt or not. The same drive to fight is the same drive to win. Him winning is the difference of him leaving with or without that belt. Trust me he wouldn't take a chance of losing that belt. Thats almost degrading him.

That would be like saying he didn't really care if he lost the belt or not. The same drive to fight is the same drive to win. Him winning is the difference of him leaving with or without that belt. Trust me he wouldn't take a chance of losing that belt. Thats almost degrading him.

Did you see the same Anderson Silva that fought Hendo, Franklin, Leben, Marquardt?

That is what I am saying.

Archived