TUF 9 Cast Release

thestorm-1

cant believe no one posted this yet....

Just like the last couple of years, the first two episodes will consist of the 32 selected fighters competing in head-to-head bouts to determine the 16 regular cast members. The in-house filming is set to begin in the third episode.

U.S. welterweights:

Ryan Biglar (2-1), Ray Elbe (20-11), Christian Fulgium (6-2-1), DaMarques Johnson (13-6), Kevin Knabjian (10-3-1), Mark Miller (10-4), Jason Pierce (9-0), Kiel Reid (8-1).

U.S. lightweights:

Paul Bird (4-1), Santino DeFranco (13-4), Jason Dent (19-9), Cameron Dollar (4-1), Tom Hayden (4-0), Waylon Lowe (5-2), Josh Souder (7-2), Richie Whitson (4-0).

U.K. welterweights:

Dean Amarasinghe (4-1), James Bateman (2-1), David Faulkner (2-1), Tommy Maguire (5-2), Che Mills (7-2), Nicholas Osipczak (3-0), Alex Reid (10-9-1), James Wilks (5-2).

U.K. lightweights:

James Bryan (3-1), Dan James (3-0), Gary Kelly (2-1), Jeff Lawson (13-2), Ross Pearson (9-3), Martin Stapleton (5-1), A.J. Wenn (7-2), Andre Winner (9-2-1).

U.S. coach Dan Henderson

U.K. coach Michael Bisping

Poor poor Dan - Bisping is gonna kick his **** like he stole something, why does the UFC do this? match a young awsome fighter against these old guys. i can only assume to widen the scale of viewers - young and old people can enjoy this sport too...har har har

no really do you all think this is a good match up?

i have my doubts.

I think it is a fantastic match up. People have been criticising for Bisping not having had any top level challenge yet, and this is his chance to show what he has against a proven top fighter. Hendo is a legend, and although he may be on the back stretch of his career, he is still a force to be reckoned with.

After this we will know once and for all whether or not Bisping is for real. I for one think he can be, and hope he will be.

Only one thing to do now. Sit back, enjoy the show, and fight out in a few months......

I CANNOT believe Waylon Lowe will be cast in TUF 9!!! If he is the same one that wrestled at Jefferson County H.S., in TN, and then at Findlay (FU), this dude is a beast... I wrestled in the same region as him, and (no ****), I wish I could have been him, haha!!! Yeah, he only sports a 5-2 record but I can tell you one thing... NO ONE'S wrestling will compare to his... When people say he is a wrestler, he IS a wrestler (unlike that punk Rashad Evans)... This will be a great season, I love the new idea (US vs. UK) and I know Bisping will give Henderson the business afterwards...

I agree with what you say butterflybee, but to me the fact that they even have Hendo fighting at 185 makes no sense. Hendo is coming off a win against the former MW belt holder and also a man who will be at 205 for awhile (or the catch weight for his next fight). Hendo also has stated himself that he has no interest at fighting at 185 anymore. So why even make the fight?

If Dan wins the fight and goes back up to 205 what are we left with? A top contender in Bisbing that is going to have to claw his way back up again, a waste of momentum that the UFC has hyped. Should Dan lose, this will definitely be a black mark on his record.

More, this fight isn't even going to main event. This fight has the potential to be lost in a growing stacked card.

I like Bisbing, I just wished that the UFC had chosen another fighter as the Coach of TUF9, someone actually in the MW division who is also on the rise.

I agree with what you say butterflybee' date=' but to me the fact that even have Hendo fighting at 185 makes no sense. Hendo is coming off a win against the former MW belt holder and also a man who will be at 205 for awhile (or the catch weight for his next fight). Hendo also has stated himself that he has no interest at fighting at 185 anymore. So why even make the fight?

If Dan wins the fight and goes back up to 205 what are we left with? A top contender in Bisbing that is going to have to claw his way back up again, a waste of momentum that the UFC has hyped. Should Dan lose, this will definitely be a black mark on his record.

More, this fight isn't even going to main event. This fight has the potential to be lost in a growing stacked card.

I like Bisbing, I just wished that the UFC had chosen another fighter as the Coach of TUF9, someone actually in the MW division who is also on the rise.[/quote']

I agree with all of this actually. The only interest Hendo has at MW is a rematch with Silva. The only reasoning I can think is that the powers that be want a good mark on Bisping's record allowing him to step up. I personally would have preferred to see him make the step by figting Okami, then Maia, then Marquardt/Silva (obviously if he won each in turn), but I guess at the end of the day money talks!

It's a big risk if Bisping loses, and your right that it will be a black mark on Hendo's record should he lose. Mind you, thats one thing I am loving more and more about the UFC nowadays. There are often fights with two guys I like, and one of them has to lose and deal with some bad times. In one way I want them both to win! Gonna have to back my brit boys tpo the hilt though!

plus nate would have brought in guys like jackson' date=' evans, gsp, jardine, garcia, cerrone.... who will hendo being in... soku and kryz.. wonkkkk woonkkkkkk[/quote']

LMAO! agreed to the maximum. Why wouldnt you want the world to see what happens inside the best camp in the world? I know I sure as hell want to see!

and boohoo to the ufc for not showing more of machida last season... we only got to see a snippet of him eating food.. or in the background.. but big ups for the anderson silva part. q; D

I agree again... Now he is possibly going to be the champion and Rashad may just be the underdog in this fight (not sure but I cannot wait to see the stats to see who is who). Also, this is the second best camp in MMA IMO.

LMAO! agreed to the maximum. Why wouldnt you want the world to see what happens inside the best camp in the world? I know I sure as hell want to see!

I agree again... Now he is possibly going to be the champion and Rashad may just be the underdog in this fight (not sure but I cannot wait to see the stats to see who is who). Also' date=' this is the second best camp in MMA IMO.[/quote']

If they are the second best camp, what is #1?

If they are the second best camp' date=' what is #1?[/quote']

... Brew... are you having difficulty reading today? LOL It says Greg Jacksons camp is number 1 and Nogtwins/Blackhouse/Spideys camp is number 2... IMO of course.

Jacksons camp is definitely number 1 right now. Look at all the contenders and champions they have!

For Meatsack......

To tell you the truth I dont know a huge amount about the fighters themselves. I have seen Alex Reid a couple of times, and he has always been one of those guys who can go either way.

The rest of them seem to train in good gyms. Wolfslair is obviously well respected. London Shoot has a great regimen going on down there.

As for the rest of them I guess I'll just wait and see. UK MMA is still developing, and people have to remember that we only have a population of 60million, compared to the US who has like 300million. Either way, as a nation we are scrappers. It's kind of in our blood, so we are naturally going to get some good talent coming through. I mean look at the emergence of Paul Kelly and Terry Etim for example. It will be interesting to see how the UK boys match up against their red white and blue counterparts though. It will show us alot more about the state of play here than just seeing the odd one or two guys here or there.

So I know I am kind of sitting on the fence on this, because I am still a bit cautious, but I am looking forward to finding out. Alot of people will come on here and say "The US is going to smash the UK cos they suck at MMA" and all that cr*p, but that is the typical (albeit very very minority) arrogant American view. IM WRITING THIS IN CAPITALS SO ANYONE READING NOTICES THAT I WAS REFERRING TO THE MINORITY OF AMERICANS THAT TARNISH THE MAJORITY OF GOOD AMERICAN PPLS REPUTATIONS ACROSS THE WORLD (which you must realise is a fact of life right?), haha sorry, had to make sure ppl understood that. We do have some good talent coming through, and I think it is because now we have young guys that have grown up with MMA, whereas 5-10 years ago, we only had boxing.

Either way I'm just esxited in general! I just love MMA! haha

cant believe no one posted this yet....

Just like the last couple of years' date=' the first two episodes will consist of the 32 selected fighters competing in head-to-head bouts to determine the 16 regular cast members. The in-house filming is set to begin in the third episode.

U.S. welterweights:

Ryan Biglar (2-1), Ray Elbe (20-11), Christian Fulgium (6-2-1), DaMarques Johnson (13-6), Kevin Knabjian (10-3-1), Mark Miller (10-4), Jason Pierce (9-0), Kiel Reid (8-1).

U.S. lightweights:

Paul Bird (4-1), Santino DeFranco (13-4), Jason Dent (19-9), Cameron Dollar (4-1), Tom Hayden (4-0), Waylon Lowe (5-2), Josh Souder (7-2), Richie Whitson (4-0).

U.K. welterweights:

Dean Amarasinghe (4-1), James Bateman (2-1), David Faulkner (2-1), Tommy Maguire (5-2), Che Mills (7-2), Nicholas Osipczak (3-0), Alex Reid (10-9-1), James Wilks (5-2).

U.K. lightweights:

James Bryan (3-1), Dan James (3-0), Gary Kelly (2-1), Jeff Lawson (13-2), Ross Pearson (9-3), Martin Stapleton (5-1), A.J. Wenn (7-2), Andre Winner (9-2-1).

U.S. coach Dan Henderson

U.K. coach Michael Bisping [/b']

I read a newspaper article where junie browning says his brother is gonna be in TUF 9 though dont c his name hear, has there been any changes?

Archived